UFC just signed a guy with the most padded record we

Who gives a shit? He's stepping up to the big leagues now and we will find out if the dude is legit or not.

how about we wait and give the guy a chance before we consider him a can crusher and nothing more. I'll admit, I'm a california guy who tries to stay in the loop, and I've never heard of him. That however doesn't mean he isn't legit.

You just never know. I might not bank on him, but he may surprise.

I would think that fighting in the premieir MMA organization in the world means that he is legit. He should have proved that working his way up in minor MMA organizations.

I wouldn't get invited to Wimbledon or the US Open after winning a couple of local city tennis tournaments. It would call to question that legitmacy of those tournaments. I would so the same if the UFC is really doing something like this.

I have no problem with record padding, in fact, i highly approve of it. I just dont think the ufc should be signing these guys till they've fought someone decent.

The UFC doesn't look to sign the best people, they look to sign the cheapest people who they can pass off as the best to the casuals. They hire guys they know they can get away with paying 8k/8k and then have Rogan scream in the mike "oh this guy has a killer XXX" or his "xxx is world class!". They don't like top guys who make decent pay like Jake Shields, he costs too much - he'll get cut because of his "boring style" while they bring in more joe nobodies.

The UFC: where the best in the world fight the best in the world three times a year.

I still wonder how some of the no-names I see drop two lackluster decisions on Fight Pass prelims then get cut are offered a contract by the UFC in the first place. Jesse Ronson would be one of them, although he somehow actually got another fight after going 0-2 in shit fights.

Meh. There've been TUF winners given contracts with less impressive records.

Certainly seems like padding. My biggest issue in this whole story is with Xplode. How do they match up a 8-0 guy with a 0-10 guy - especially if it is a rematch?! IMO, the 0-10 guy shouldn't get a(nother) shot until he wins a fight - any fight at least!

That is piss poor, beating a guy that's 0-8 then having a rematch when the guys lost more fights. Holy moly.

Back