UFC just signed a guy with the most padded record we

30002755-1286539567-872000.jpg

A few people need to research some information themselves first.

XFS President Gregg Sharp explains his records:

There seems to be a need to address an article floating around the Social Media on the recent UFC signing of XFS fighter Dashon Johnson. Since the writer of the article obviously expresses his one sided opinion as to record building and organizations he fails on many levels to produce facts and rather creates controversy which in the world we live in of social media is the way for people to notice you.

Dashon has a body of record that is based on who has fulfilled their commitment to weigh in and fight him. Since it is very hard to match a man that has a 30 fight Professional Boxing career which includes knocking out the #10 middleweight in the world, at that time, in his hometown as well as a very good wrestling background with fighters that want to compete against him is an arduous task. He has been one of Timothy Bradley's primary training partners for the last three years and now is training in Las Vegas under the watchful eye of Roger Mayweather and at Wanderlei Silva's gym. Lets see... that is not a fighter a lot of people want to fight.

As the CEO of XFS I do see the world of fighting a lot differently than others. We utilize last minute fill in fighters to make sure every athlete that makes a commitment can compete! As a fighter, there can be no worse situation then training for competition and having your opponent drop out last minute. Dashon's last two opponents failed to show up and therefore two fighters filled in. Brady Harrison who has fought everyone in his path was a fight that has made it very hard to get high level fighters to actually show up. It is not my job to put those who failed to make their contractual commitment on blast but lets just say that many of the local camps that are bandwagon this article wanted nothing at all to do with fighting Dashon.

As for developing a talented and popular fighter's record, well I can easily go through every organization and see who's who and call them out. Mike Tyson's first 10 fights where the who's who of who is not. His career did not turn out poorly at all in the ring. You can not tell me that the UFC and Bellator don't have plenty of match-ups that are skewed to a fighter or fight camp to keep their more popular fighters looking good. It wasn't but a year ago that Bellator had a 2-6 fighter competing on their cards, where was that article? Dashon was introduced slowly into the world of MMA so that he could transition his skills from the ring to the cage. Now he is a beast that the UFC feels is ready for high level competition. That is the bottom line.

The last point that needs to be cleared up is based upon management. As the previous owner of the facility that many athletes have trained at, I have allowed the use of the name Xplode to continue to be used since it has been those athlete's team for a long period of time. The name Xplode is owned by me, however I have no management ties to ANY fighter. So the author's contention that I or XFS is his manager is completely false.

Mr Johnson has had separate boxing management from the gym since joining it and now has new management for his MMA career. Team Xplode also boasts UFC Fighter Robbie Peralta and Bellator Fighter Derek Anderson who don't seem to lack any abilities in the fight game...

So opinions, haters and bloggers are like ....Yeah we all have one!

Last edited:
Think the UFC has something like 110 LW's now, they just keep signing them. They are probably just trying to get Jake a win for the same reason they brought back Grujic and Indich(To add to their Aussie roster).

how do you keep getting fights if you're 0-11
Beats the fuck out of me...The fact that they would sanction this guy for so long tells me literally anyone can be a fighter..

I wonder what he thinks the record of a can crusher looks like.

That's a pretty lame explanation. "We are just fluffing records like in boxing, and we're too lazy to find someone decent that's willing to fight him."

Holy shit. That Jordan Delano guy must be a glutton for punishment is or simply just there to give people free wins.

He has lost ALL 11 of his fights by finish in the FIRST round. I'm fairly confident that given 11 amateur fights, I could at least survive to the second round ONCE.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jordan-Delano-113689

Jesus christ. He hasn't even made it halfway through the first round yet. Longest fight was 2:28. Most just touch the one minute mark

We utilize last minute fill in fighters to make sure every athlete that makes a commitment can compete! As a fighter, there can be no worse situation then training for competition and having your opponent drop out last minute. Dashon's last two opponents failed to show up and therefore two fighters filled in.

Welp, that explains that Delano guys' record. He must be the go-to fill-in fighter. He's like the GOAT of cans. Rousey's polar-opposite counterpart.

How did you get dubs that fast? you were clear few hours ago

I called another poster a bad name and one of the more sensitive mods happen to see it. The rest is history.

Holy shit. That Jordan Delano guy must be a glutton for punishment is or simply just there to give people free wins.

He has lost ALL 11 of his fights by finish in the FIRST round. I'm fairly confident that given 11 amateur fights, I could at least survive to the second round ONCE.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jordan-Delano-113689

click through and look at the team he's associated with....

there are 10 guys; two have won a fight (one fight each).
One of them is 1-4
the other is 1-21

even as professional late replacements, these guys are terrible.

click through and look at the team he's associated with....

there are 10 guys; two have won a fight (one fight each).
One of them is 1-4
the other is 1-21

even as professional late replacements, these guys are terrible.

lol holy shit, yeah just looked through it.

Dirty Tactics MMA:
Matt Anderson: 1-21
Daniel Fair: 1-4
Shawn Sherril: 0-2 (one of his losses was to the GOAT, Andy Wang, so he's really just 0-1)
Athony Moore: 0-14
Joe Neri: 0-5
Doug Trotter: 0-5
Brody Brown: 0-1
Giovanni Davis: 0-3
Keith Welpner: 0-3
Jordan Gammel: 0-3
Anthony Castillo: 0-2
Gary Franklin: 0-4
Jordan Delano: 0-11
Tommy Franklin: 0-1

For a combined record of: 2-78

That's, uh, impressive...

lol holy shit, yeah just looked through it.

Dirty Tactics MMA:
Matt Anderson: 1-21
Daniel Fair: 1-4
Shawn Sherril: 0-2 (one of his losses was to the GOAT, Andy Wang, so he's really just 0-1)
Athony Moore: 0-14
Joe Neri: 0-5
Doug Trotter: 0-5
Brody Brown: 0-1
Giovanni Davis: 0-3
Keith Welpner: 0-3
Jordan Gammel: 0-3
Anthony Castillo: 0-2
Gary Franklin: 0-4
Jordan Delano: 0-11
Tommy Franklin: 0-1

For a combined record of: 2-78

That's, uh, impressive...

That can't be right. And they're feeding the UFC? While the UFC is ditching proven fighters??

LOL, you copied an article and didn't even link it. Come on man.

LOL good find TS. this is hilarious.

This certainly strengthens Askren's argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back