UFC just signed a guy with the most padded record we

Wand Fight Team is notorious for can crushing. No surprise he's been training there as well.

dudes record is almost as padded as mayweathers hand picked opponents with only certain weight gloves allowed. Haha

its ok, he will have to fight some badasses and he will either do well OR get his ass kicked and sent home.....

LOL, stop trolling dude. You know FM is the best in the world and one of the best ever. Stop pretending like he didn't beat other all time greats and other really good fighters.

Brazil is a hotbed for this nonsense.
I don't how the athletic commissions work out there, but you guys like the aforementioned Jose Maria Tome fighting 4 times a month against guys with 0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 2-2 records when he's like 30-3.

jason reinhardt #1 all time eternal goat of padded records

So I didn't have the time nor desire to read the rest of the 100 posts, let's just get that out of the way.

I have no idea where this outrage is coming from, or directed to.

The title of the thread seems to imply that the UFC is at fault for signing this guy? They made his opponents have losing records? Or is it that you think they should have done more extensive research on the guy?

Or is it deeper than that? Every fighter seems to get called out for fighting cans at one point in their career - is this just the beginning? This kid comes into the UFC, starts putting people away, but all that anyone can say is "lol@his first 9 fights being against nobodies"?

Starting your career in the UFC with less than 5 fights on your record is an exception. Doesn't happen often. 9-0 isn't even that damn padded.

This is a non-story. It's dumb. It makes perfect sense for a gym to give guys easy fights in their own promotion. Boxing management tries to boost their fighters careers similarly all the damn time. It would be bad MMAnagement to give a brand new fighter someone who has a positive record. If it's my first fight, or nine, I know I would prefer it to be against someone with no wins. The only thing that would get hurt is my internet credibility.

Quit making threads.

He'll probably get the Myles Jury treatment

It's just disgusting, the only thing we can look forward to is the day they'll eventually get viciously exposed, the problem is that it could be 1/2 years from now

Maybe they signed him based on actually watching him fight. I know, this goes against the Sherdogger religion that fights doesn't matter, only paper rankings and Fight Finder records.

So I didn't have the time nor desire to read the rest of the 100 posts, let's just get that out of the way.

I have no idea where this outrage is coming from, or directed to.

The title of the thread seems to imply that the UFC is at fault for signing this guy? They made his opponents have losing records? Or is it that you think they should have done more extensive research on the guy?

Or is it deeper than that? Every fighter seems to get called out for fighting cans at one point in their career - is this just the beginning? This kid comes into the UFC, starts putting people away, but all that anyone can say is "lol@his first 9 fights being against nobodies"?

Starting your career in the UFC with less than 5 fights on your record is an exception. Doesn't happen often. 9-0 isn't even that damn padded.

This is a non-story. It's dumb. It makes perfect sense for a gym to give guys easy fights in their own promotion. Boxing management tries to boost their fighters careers similarly all the damn time. It would be bad MMAnagement to give a brand new fighter someone who has a positive record. If it's my first fight, or nine, I know I would prefer it to be against someone with no wins. The only thing that would get hurt is my internet credibility.

Quit making threads.

Is that you Dashon

Maybe they signed him based on actually watching him fight. I know, this goes against the Sherdogger religion that fights doesn't matter, only paper rankings and Fight Finder records.

split dec. against a fighter hanging on to 50% winning streak :x and only person with a win on record :icon_twis

Everyone take a deep breath, and hear me out for a second (not wading through a shitload of pages to see if anyone else has suggested this, so here goes).....

Jake Matthews (4-0), is a good-looking, marketable VERY YOUNG fighter from a market the UFC are trying to develop - Australia.

If you saw TUF Nations, you'll know that while very raw, Matthews showed some solid potential on that show. As in, the tools but not the experience to put it together. IIRC, Matthews has recently started training with some well-known U.S based camp, but I'm not sure.

How better to showcase a 19yr old potential star from a developing market, than by feeding him a 9-0, unbeaten, all-quick-finishes American with a cool name?

I actually think the only reason this dude was signed, was so they could give the youngster a very winnable debut that would also look good on paper - unless you dug deeper into Johnson's background, which most casual fans would never bother doing.

Is it more padded than:

michelin_man.jpg

?

Back