UFC just signed a guy with the most padded record we

WeidmanPowerMMA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Twenty-six-year-old Californian Lightweight Dashon “Fly Boy” Johnson (9-0) has been signed by the UFC to take on fellow newcomer Jake Matthews (4-0) on June 28th at UFC Fight Night 43 in Aukland, New Zealand.

Both guys come in with perfect records, but once I started looking at just who Johnson had fought, and what their records were, I was quite surprised at what I found.

First of all, all nine of Johnson’s pro bouts were fought in the Xplode Fight Series organization in California. That got me curious, then when I clicked on each of his opponents, here’s what I found (from first to last):

Tommy Franklin (0-1) – Nov. 2012
Jordan Delano (0-11) – Jan. 2013
Kenneth Johnson (0-1) – March 2013
Randall Adams (0-1) – May 2013
Phelan Fleming (0-7) – June 2013
Kenny Kilgore (1-5) – July 2013
Brady Harrison (12-11) – Sept. 2013
Ray Carter (0-2) – Jan. 2014
Jordan Delano (0-11) – March 2014

Only two of his opponents have ever won a fight at all!!

According to Sherdog, Johnson fights out of Team Xplode MMA, and all of his bouts were in the Xplode Fight Series. These are owned by the same people. See what’s going on here? They also have a management company.

All eight of the opponents Johnson finished were in the first round.

Johnson’s most recent fight was in March of this year and he was matched against a guy who he’d already beaten a year earlier, who now had a 0-10 record — and Johnson was 8-0 this time around. What kind of matchmaking is this? What commission would even sanction this — oh wait, it looks like these fights take place on the San Pasqual Reservation… hmmm… this whole thing seems fishy.

Maybe Johnson is legit, he may very well be a world beater, but that can’t be determined from who he’s fought so far, and where he’s fought so far. Let’s be honest.

Are you surprised the UFC is signing guys like this, or is just about numbers on paper?

Go take a look at this Team Xplode MMA and the records of the opponents they fought when they fought in the Xplode Fight Series. You can make your own conclusions.

Last edited by a moderator:
But Bradley Harrison has 12 wins, that's more fights than flyboy has had

and he fought Jordan twice? seriously? wow that is a padded record....each of those guys should quit MMA now If they're not fighting for fun

Looks similar to Jason Reinhardt. 18-0 when signed by the UFC. He was the Ultimate Can Crusher. I think he went 0-3 in the UFC.

how about we wait and give the guy a chance before we consider him a can crusher and nothing more. I'll admit, I'm a california guy who tries to stay in the loop, and I've never heard of him. That however doesn't mean he isn't legit.

You just never know. I might not bank on him, but he may surprise.

how about we wait and give the guy a chance before we consider him a can crusher and nothing more. I'll admit, I'm a california guy who tries to stay in the loop, and I've never heard of him. That however doesn't mean he isn't legit.

You just never know. I might not bank on him, but he may surprise.

Yep.

In UFC 3 Undisputed's create a mma fighter, I always took my time to beat a good bunch of guys in WEC before going to the UFC. This way I wasn't getting wrecked in the big league and could pimp my stats a bit

If it's true for video game, it is for real life

Bellator recently signed an Xplode guy with a padded record like that, Derek Anderson. He actually did quite well so far, so maybe Xplode knows what they're doing when they build a guy up against weak competition. On the other hand maybe he'll turn out like Jason Reinhardt. I guess we'll see when he gets in the cage.

I thought Patrick Cummins record was padded but DAYUM!

If that's not a padded record, I don't know what it is

Can crusher or not he beat 8 human beings. Were they all finishes? Besides that, great research. If someone like you were to bet on fights, this is the type of knowledge that predicts an upset from the 4-0 fighter over the 9-0 fighter.

The problem is even if he had beat 10 guys with a mediocre record or even an ok record he'd still have no way to really prepare him for what's coming in his ufc debut, much like most of the fighters that get signed from all those totally amature promotions.
IMO, if he isnt signed out of Bellator/WSOF/etc... he aint seen anything anyway, much like back then if he didnt come from Strikeforce/WEC/Pride he hasnt seen shit either.

The problem isnt simply the level of competition, but the Octagon jitters, something that fighters who've been in better promotions at least dont have.

beer-cans-460_998322c.jpg

Fight a bunch of these and you too could possibly get a UFC contract!

I can take down 12 of those of an evening with the minimum of fuss.

Not an impressive record at all, indeed. You'd expect the guy to take a step up and fight other up and comers after winning a few fights. Fight guys close to his own ranking instead of guys who just start or very rarely win.

That being said, just because he hasn't beaten anyone good so far, doesn't mean he's not capable of it.

Make no mistake Mike, this guy is legit! He runs through his opponents.

No, glover has been with the ufc for a while now.

I bet that Jordan Delano rematch was HYPED up. Everybody was probably waiting to see that one

Back