UFC just signed a guy with the most padded record we

How the hell can you even amass a 0-11 record and not think, "Maybe I need to reconsider my profession."

That's pretty weak. Why would you want to fight guys like that all the time? You'd think after 3 or 4 clear wins you'd want a step up.

The worst case of padded record in UFC history has to be Jason Reinhardt. He had something like an 18-0 record prior to fighting in UFC and got obliterated in all 3 of his UFC fights, all in different weight classes(LW, FW and BW).

Joe Rogan's going to call him world class for sure.

Wow and I thought nick rings pre-ufc record was padded....

This "flyboy" guy takes the crown.

Unfortunately this is standard practice in boxing, looks like we're seeing some more of the filth wash over into MMA.

zZUTGvT.gif

didn't think Reinhardt would ever get surpassed for this title, but it appears he has.

It has always become much more common among Brazilian fighters.
Some guys look good after they step up, some guys just got destroyed.
Mma is taking boxing's blueprint to its heart, within a decade no more
10-0/14-2 world champion, you need to can crush like boxing to 30-0 first
to prove your...nah just to hype the casual fans up.

Coming back to this thread, I still have no idea what the fuss is about.

Someone actually troll'd that I was this guy for defending the situation? Please...

If MMA is going to grow, more people are going to fight at the Ama level. That's just a fact. Someone has to fight these guys who aren't great - but enjoy the sport enough to keep losing.

You're going to throw negative vibes on this guy for winning fights? Kinda shit is that? Not just that, it's only nine fricken fights. Several UFC champions have had less than that their ENTIRE career before taking the title. You would rather have no fights, than a few easy fights? That's dumb.

I'm still not sure where the hate is directed. Is it on the UFC for signing a guy? Because, well, that's ridiculous - and if you're upset at the UFC for signing him, it's because your favorite fighter is not fighting in the UFC anymore, right?

Is it on the management company? They put on the fights. They get some of the flak. But... Why wouldn't a management company seek out winnable fights for the fighters that they manage? Only the toppest of the top-tier want the "challenging wars" that test themselves and push it to the limit. Your journeyman wants nothing to do with that - they want -doable- fights, where they could very well lose, but have a larger chance of winning.

Is it on the guy? Do you blame homeboy for taking these fights in the first place? I sincerely just do not understand.

From the sounds of it, TS just made a thread to hate - and people ate it up.

I don't understand, I guess, where people are supposed to amass these name-containing records while they're on the semi-pro circuit, literally fighting other people who couldn't fight in the UFC.

Unless the guys fighting this guy were paid extra to lose, there is no story here. Each of those guys had every opportunity to win. A losing record doesn't inherently mean you're a loser - it could just mean you've consistently fought people ahead of you in the Fightgame.

You're obsessing over this guy's record, and claiming that Boxing is ruining MMA - when in fact the obsession over a record in itself is a holdover from Boxing.

click through and look at the team he's associated with....

there are 10 guys; two have won a fight (one fight each).
One of them is 1-4
the other is 1-21

even as professional late replacements, these guys are terrible.

You gotta give the man his props, he is a freaking optimist!
"Next time I am sooo gonna win!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back