UFC 307 in October still needs a main event, what will it be?

Who should main event UFC 307 in Utah on October 5th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It'll be Pennington vs Pena

Pantoja gets winner of Royval/Taira.

I think Zhang/Suarez would more likely end up on MSG under Jones/Stipe maybe as co main or even 3rd title fight. Really depends on Dec's plans with Conor. If he fights on Dec PPV then no other champs will be on that so they could put Zhang, maybe Flyweight on MSG with Jones. If Conor doesnt fight then they'll need them for that card and probably something like Belal/Shavkat or DDP/izzy vs Strickland to make a quick turnaround.
Yeah, definitely thinking Zhang Weili vs. Suarez ends up at MSG. It's the right place for that fight underneath Jones/Stipe for sure.

It's not luck, they're paid millions to go there. That's how they do PPV locations now. Not sure if it's the government or the arena paying but they should pull a Saudi and tell UFC to do better
I'm well aware that Utah pays a site fee. They're just lucky that UFC accepts it.
Absolutely zero chance SLC has the pull that Saudis do. If they don't like the card, UFC can easily find another mid-tier city that will pay them the same site fee money.
Utah gets what UFC gives them and they'll do nothing!

What makes the most sense to headline UFC 307 in Utah?

Status of current champions:

Pantoja: Available
O'Malley: Booked for UFC 306
Topuria: Booked for UFC 308
Makhachev: Injured
Muhammad: Just fought @ UFC 304
Du Plessis: Booked for UFC 305
Pereira: Available
Aspinall: Just fought @ UFC 304
Jones: Rumored for UFC 309

Holloway: Booked for UFC 308

Grasso: Booked for UFC 306
Zhang: Available
Pennington: Available, rumored for UFC 307

Currently announced fights on UFC 307:

View attachment 1056598

On Star power alone I could see GSP coming back to fight Nick again.

I hope everyone leaves the building for the Pennington vs Pena

Evloev/Sterling
Aldo
Harrison

all main card fights. If they add Pennington/Pena they are going to have to add another banger as a co-main if they want the buys.

I watched some random youtube video that algo recomended. It was titled booking the worst ppv card possible -realistic.

Pena vs Penni was the main

I'm well aware that Utah pays a site fee. They're just lucky that UFC accepts it.
Absolutely zero chance SLC has the pull that Saudis do. If they don't like the card, UFC can easily find another mid-tier city that will pay them the same site fee money.
Utah gets what UFC gives them and they'll do nothing!
I don't think UFC give a rats arse where the money comes from. They sure seem to love that Utah money with the amount of times they've been there lately. I'm not sure ESPN will be satisfied with that main event either. If there isn't another option available I'm sure they'll stack the undercard or something to make up for it.

In all likelihood it's Pennington/Pena. Unfortunately.
I love Pennington (I don't know why either) but god damn that is not main event material lol. Would make a great co-main though. Like a nice appetizer before a Potan fight sort of thing.

Have there ever been any Mormon fighters? Serious question.

Jon Jones (not in a cage fight that he would duck anyway) vs the girl sent to his house for collecting Jon's latest ufc-contracted drug & PED testing sample. All ufc fans really want to see the outcome of Jon's pending court case at the fights, knowing Jon's test results, as always, will be hidden.

Last edited:
Correct.
They already have Kayla on the main card to build the next fight.
SLC is lucky to even get another PPV. UFC isn't giving them anything special.
Maybe they do a ladies double header w/ Zhang Weili vs. Tatiana Suarez on there too, but that's doubtful. They like to give Weili big fights, like a co-main on 309.
At least Aldo is fighting, but it's gonna be one of the weaker PPVs of the year. As it should be for SLC.
They've gotten plenty of pay per views in recent years.

Some reason I think Pereira has to sit out for a little bit with healing and whatever is lining up for him. Pantoja seems like an easy fight to fill in for 2nd title fight to make it "big". They probably have to add a B class name like MVP or Gaethje to get people excited on top of it though.

Have there ever been any Mormon fighters? Serious question.

Wonderboy's friend is proudly Mormon.

PFL fighter Kaitlin Neil is also from a Mormon family. She was on TUF a few years ago.

Back