UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2

Not really seeing talk on Pereira-Michailidis. Is there value here on Michailidis? I get that Pereira's a high level kickboxer and Glover's been heaping praise on him, but I'm naturally suspect seeing a 3-1 transitioner who's only beaten cans sitting at -250 against an experienced guy. His TDD looked good in his last fight, but that was against a lower-level striker. Got subbed in his MMA debut but that was 6 years ago, has he really been grinding the grappling since?
Michailidis won't be the guy to stop him, I don't think. He already got iced by another Kickboxer in Vladimir Mineev. His takedowns are, at best, mediocre, assume his ground game would be sloppy as well.

It's a warm body for Pereira.

Michailidis won't be the guy to stop him, I don't think. He already got iced by another Kickboxer in Vladimir Mineev. His takedowns are, at best, mediocre, assume his ground game would be sloppy as well.

Feel's like oponnents for Garry,Hawes and Pereira are handpicked for them

Feel's like oponnents for Garry,Hawes and Pereira are handpicked for them
Not really hiding it with Hawes given that he was supposed to fight Winn instead. That whole matchup was bad, he should be moving up.

Two of the guys he beat, Daukaus and Imamov, have gotten ranked opponents before him. Lol.

Yeah his wrestling seems mediocre for this level, but I'd like to think it's better than the guys Peirera has beaten. We've seen it before where okay MMA grapplers can dominate kickboxers. I just don't know how we can trust his defense is there for that yet.

Opening Overs and Unders. Like a lot the Over 1.5 Villante/Barnett and Hayes/Curtis. All 4 durables.

Dont over think the Gaethje vs Chandler fight.... Chandler coming in with the wrestling, I know he is not Khabib but I think that will give him an edge. Also, you have 2 heavy hitters...my money is on the dog. Plus I think Chandler is the smarter fighter between the two in the ring.
The only way the gaethje fight goes the distance is if it was the main event. Being that it isn't it should be a lock and a half.

I believe TJ laramie pulled out but don't know/forget who the replacement is.

Ian Garry is very good, I’ve been watching this guy fight for some time. He’s not just your average undefeated first round finisher coming from the regional scene. He can grapple, strike and he’s gone 5 rounds before. Against legit guys we’ll see how he does but Jordan Williams is low tier. Absolute parlay piece
He is -350 so I would expect him to cruise to an easy win. Do you think he should be an even bigger favorite? I have never seen him fight so I don't know his potential.

Ahh okay. I do faintly remember this fight, but it's been years since I saw it. And yeah that's 8 years ago and Justin is way more measured now.

There's also the fact that Chandler likes to stand and bang. He **might** try to implement a wrestling gameplan, but it's equally as likely (if not more so) that he just decides to swing for the fences and have a banger.

I like chandler here, as much as people gonna disagree with that. I think he has more paths to victory, he can win by ko, or he can use his grappling. Justin has pretty bad cardio and has only looked to improve this by pacing himself better, and not grappling (he himself said his wrestling cardio sucks).

I like chandler here, as much as people gonna disagree with that. I think he has more paths to victory, he can win by ko, or he can use his grappling. Justin has pretty bad cardio and has only looked to improve this by pacing himself better, and not grappling (he himself said his wrestling cardio sucks).

I don't think Justin has "bad cardio" if fights stay standing. I don't think it's amazing, but given the pace he sets, it holds up pretty well. His most well rounded striking performance (not a one shot KO but an overall performance) was vs Tony and Justin was throwing big volume all the way through to the end when he got the TKO in Rd 5.

I don't think this is an easy fight for Justin at all though. Chandler absolutely presents challenges on multiple fronts.

Agree on chandler being the right side at +170 or better, although I’m doubting his chin and cardio from the Oliveira fight. I can’t recall his Bellator-career but he seemed to be breathing quite heavy after the first round, and the punch Oliveira landed didn’t really have too much behind it.

Taking a small stab on Chandler decision +500 too

I think the cardio is roughly even, but Colby just ends up looking more tired and worn because Usman's punches have more on them. At least that's what it seemed like the first time around. Colby is about as irritating as someone can be, but yeah he will fight like a dog in there and I have to respect that if nothing else.

i see it as a pretty straight forward

cardio even
Wrestling even
Usman stronger
Usman punch harder while keeling close in volume.
My biggest problem with betting colby is i just don’t see him ever finishing a fight with usman.

Pillow fists have no cure unless you all of the sudden find yourself in a fight with rockhold.

Rose at near even money is a steal, who is by far the best striker in the division. Zhang has really good offensive combos but her defence is lacking, I wouldn't be surprised to see her get KO'd again.

Gaethje/Chandler should be a pick'em, I was leaning Gaethje but I honestly think Chandler gets it done now.

Chandler should be able to ground Gaethje at will, has the power to knock Gaethje out, and yes, his chin is suspect. But he has more power than anyone Gaethje has fought, and just more ways to win. Chandler sub +1300 is live.

The only other wrestler with any accolades that Gaethje has fought in the UFC would be Alvarez. And Chandler is a much, much better wrestler than Alvarez.

Alex has 1 recent fight and before that since like 2017, michalidis has been the far more active mma fighter, a brown belt in bjj, this has the claresa shields vibe to it.Alex is jumping into the big leagues too soon . this one is a dog or pass for me, his ground game has to be very green.

Rose at near even money is a steal, who is by far the best striker in the division. Zhang has really good offensive combos but her defence is lacking, I wouldn't be surprised to see her get KO'd again.

Agree Zhang is way overvalued due to her physicality and the fashion she has won some of her fights in but she is going to be swinging at air and getting countered all night if not finished. Good luck having any grappling success against Rose whatsoever as well.

Ian Garry is very good, I’ve been watching this guy fight for some time. He’s not just your average undefeated first round finisher coming from the regional scene. He can grapple, strike and he’s gone 5 rounds before. Against legit guys we’ll see how he does but Jordan Williams is low tier. Absolute parlay piece

What legit guys? They're all bums

For those playing Edmen, I think you should be careful betting on "head mooment" fighters having a good boxing gameplan. Almost every time I've seen one of those Glendale guys or girls fight, their boxing under performs my expectations. I'm gonna skip that fight as Imanov only has 3 UFC fights and I only like betting on or against fighters who can last longer than a 4 fight contract.

Maybe Burgos TKO.

Back