UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2

I think it’s called a cleft lip and is something he had no control of. Odd thing to make of someone for especially someone who could beat the ever loving shit out of you if you weren’t doing it behind a keyboard.
lol that's not a cleft palate

Geathje should have no problems in this fight. Im more worried about a meme KO than him getting wrestled. Leg kicks, better standup, better chin, good get ups
Stilistically yes.But he hasn't fought in a while and rumours where he was off mentally after the Khabib fight ,plus all the twitter bitching.I'm only afraid he'll regress to fight his old way and start openly throwing.If it's Gaethje from the Tony fight mentally then I'm confident he'll win.

dont really follow narratives. Hes still training with Witman so I see no reason why he would change his fight style
Cause he's a bit dumb and seems maybe mentally unstable in the last year plus the crowd will be back,it may carry him too do something stupid.But I hope you are right cause Chandler fits him stilistically and I'm on him to win.

For colby backers One thing i will say for colby is in promos and previews he did mention exactly what he did wrong in the first fight and say he worked on it.

dropping his hands and lack of head movement were times he took a lot of damage in the first fight. He ate some clean jabs doing this that were super unnecessary . He wont be roy jones junior overnight but at least he wont be ronda edmen either hopefully.

What is it then?
in boxing we use to call that the curtain lip, the location of the lip is split in the middle and clef lips don't usually leave scars or noticeable disfigurement..Its something ive seen a few guys get from uppercuts and vertical strikes. Dont get hit by those!

Someone want to explain the Vergara line? He looked great on contender series. How on earth is Ode -180 here?

Apparently villante is retiring after this weekend, makes me feel more shit about my bet on him.

Someone want to explain the Vergara line? He looked great on contender series. How on earth is Ode -180 here?
Hes hittable, a pressure brawler giving up speed size and overall technique I think. If he can survive he could win later because he has good cardio but he might have to Homer Simpson is until then and Ode is a finisher.

Apparently villante is retiring after this weekend, makes me feel more shit about my bet on him.

He just had a kid this month if I'm reading his instagram right. He's showing up for a cheque this weekend, I just wish it was against someone I had more confidence in rather than Barnett.

He just had a kid this month if I'm reading his instagram right. He's showing up for a cheque this weekend, I just wish it was against someone I had more confidence in rather than Barnett.
Yeah... I didn't know about all these red flags. Still, barnett is so f'n bad that I still think villante is the rightful favorite, but I'm just not as enamored about the play anymore like I was before. Over 1.5 seems like a solid spot in this fight too.

I expect Gaethje to win, but Chandler rd 1 is +625 (and rd 2 +1150). Justin has only been KO'd very late in fights, but he's been rocked early.

Chandler obviously has that next-level power. I'm not saying it'll hit, but I think, if Chandler wins, it's a first-round KO. Dropping a small bet is a great way to hedge your Gaethje bet.

I expect Gaethje to win, but Chandler rd 1 is +625 (and rd 2 +1150). Justin has only been KO'd very late in fights, but he's been rocked early.

Chandler obviously has that next-level power. I'm not saying it'll hit, but I think, if Chandler wins, it's a first-round KO. Dropping a small bet is a great way to hedge your Gaethje bet.
Long time no see!

I understand not being able to defend khabib's takedowns, but gaethje's bjj looked horrendous once it was actually on the ground like white or blue belt levels, completely clueless. One's got to think chandler saw that and would perhaps work some sub attempts if he's able to be successful with his takedowns in round 1. He has 7 subs in his record so he's no stranger to that. Kind of want to take a stab at that +1000 sub line. He could ko gaethje but he's durable asf and based off that last fight sub seems like an easier ptv.

The King is back! Welcome back Goodfella!

I think Chandler/Rose/Edgar are all live dogs.

And Edgar/Vera o2.5 is value as well @ -150. Too much stock being put into elite fighters finishing Frankie. Vera isn't that, he's fresh off of a war with Grant who I do not rate highly at all.

Wow, I didn't realize Wittman is training Usman now and that Colby is at MMA Masters instead of ATT. @ExitLUPin and @mkess101 are right that Colby is gonna get wrecked and bad. That's a nice little parlay builder right there. I'm gonna love watching this fight so, so much.

Last edited:
As big of a heel as Colby is, I think you have to play him here.

The last fight was 2-2 going into the 5th. Colby changed camps and is getting better rounds in.

I played Usman by KO in their first fight, and I played Usman by KO in Jorge 2/Burns. But I think people are making too much of those KOs.

His striking has gotten better, but it's overblown. This will be another close fight between the 2 best WWs in the UFC, and Colby @ +250 is off imo
Usman is the CEO of EPO. You can't compete with that, even with better camp and better gameplan. He's bigger, more powerful and more durable. I would even say he's the better wrestler. Who's to say he isn't gonna use his wrestling edge here to make it even more difficult for Colby? Who, BTW, got taken down by RDA in their fight - a freaking lightweight! No, even at dog odds it's not worth it. Only in a case of hedging out a parlay ending up with Usman.
Anyone else surprised that Edmen is a dog vs Imavov? I think Edmen is better almost everywhere. Obviously the only concern is whether Imavov can take him down.
First of all - in my humble opinion, he's not better everywhere. Imavov is the better wrestler and a better round winner, which is more important. It seems Edmen's athleticism is lacking a bit vs UFC level guys and he's not built for the game he wants to play. I also think Imavov's camp is much better than Edmen's. Think Imavov should be a bigger favourite.

Back