UFC 229 is Not Looking Good

Casuals don't care because they only watch the main fight to hardcores who watch from start to finish this card is pure dog shit.

they're banking on Mcgregor's drawing power, they could make that entire card dogshit people will buy for the main event

How can a fat worthless HW who was involved in one of the worst fights of all time be allowed to be co-main? Jesus Christ WME, what the hell are you doing? So many match ups would have been cheaper and better as co-main.

Got to love when the Ufc adds like 4 Prelims to a ppv card and some idiot always assumes they are the main card fights. Congratulations on being that dumb ass

UQJs12z.png

I don't get it, why would they put together such a bad card when you have Khabib vs Conor as the main event?

Seriously, I expected them to put together some crazy card leading to the main event but they don't even have a decent co-main. This is disappointing.

UFC 230 is way more stacked. I mean they have the following on the main card,

Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch
Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa
Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya
Lyman Good vs. Sultan Aliev

Why didn't they schedule some of those fights on UFC 229 instead? They are just a month apart.

What do you guys think about the card?
why do formiga and reyes look like the same person?

Not even conor could save this card. Blech!

Main event is all I care about
Put whatever u want on the undercard

Don't you worry, the UFC is not gonna blow their shot at Conor's lone comeback fight, and they'll be very specific to position some good talent underneath McGregor.

- Lewis vs. Volkov is likely going to be the co-main, and that potentially sets up a new heavyweight challenger
- Pettis vs. Formiga could determine the next flyweight title challenger
- Herrig and Waterson are two of the more marketable strawweights, so that's also a good chance to promote a new contender (especially Felice)

More important though, what are some other good fights that you think should be on this card to promote future talent underneath Conor (and remember, no active champs).

My picks are:

Sean O'Malley vs. Tom Duquesnoy
Anthony Pettis vs. Dan Hooker
Holm vs. Zingano
Mirsad Bektic vs. Chad Mendes

the matchups are interesting, but it's weak on 'star' power.

UFC is so desperate for PPV buys, maybe they are going to let Conor carry this card, so that they can spread out the talent on other cards and hope they sell?

7 fights in, the bout order isnt set, & you pansies are complaining already?

Most of the same cheap ass fans who didnt order 225 & 226, even though they WERE stacked in the same manner that you're complaining about 229 not being?!?

Last edited:
They know it's going to sell well no matter what because of McGregor. They're not going to stack that card. Quite the opposite.

This thread title is laughable. Who was the undercard for Mayweather v. Pacquiao? Yeah, I don't remember either.

Believe it or not, Lomachenko fought on that undercard.

Because the ufc has become more like boxing by the day. You don’t stack a card when the main event will sell on its own. You do the opposite.

How can a fat worthless HW who was involved in one of the worst fights of all time be allowed to be co-main? Jesus Christ WME, what the hell are you doing? So many match ups would have been cheaper and better as co-main.

This could be the first time when I skip everything but the main fight.

i dont buy that fight night in crappy version card.

UQJs12z.png

I don't get it, why would they put together such a bad card when you have Khabib vs Conor as the main event?

Seriously, I expected them to put together some crazy card leading to the main event but they don't even have a decent co-main. This is disappointing.

UFC 230 is way more stacked. I mean they have the following on the main card,

Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch
Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa
Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya
Lyman Good vs. Sultan Aliev

Why didn't they schedule some of those fights on UFC 229 instead? They are just a month apart.

What do you guys think about the card?
You're right terrible card none will buy it.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Didn’t Conor say awhile back that he doesn’t want any other fighter getting ppv points as long as he’s on the card?

Maybe that’s why they’re putting a card together like this. Nobody else on it, so far, can claim any rights to ppv points.
Aside from his opponent?

Back