UFC 229 is Not Looking Good

If Kevin Lee is added to this card, I'll consider ordering it. Not ordering just for one interesting match.

Didn’t Conor say awhile back that he doesn’t want any other fighter getting ppv points as long as he’s on the card?

Maybe that’s why they’re putting a card together like this. Nobody else on it, so far, can claim any rights to ppv points.
And people still think Conor is a decent human lolll

He’s a piece of shit

Maynard vs Lentz - Either fun grappling or beat'm'ups
Patrick vs Holtzman - Could be boring but chance for violence.
O'Malley vs Quinones - O'Malley makes it fun.
LaFlare vs Martin - Boring
Kunitskaya vs Lansberg - Lansberg will take a beating which is fun to watch.
Waterson vs Herrig - Actually an intersting match up so you should stop being a bitch and enjoy it.
OSP vs Reyes - This could actually has a 50/50 of being exciting OR the guys negating each other and it being boring.
Pettis vs Formiga - I mean, it could be fun, but we'll give it a 50/50 as well.
Lewis vs Volkov - Lewis had a boring fight last time out but it's unlikely that's going to happen twice.
McGregor vs Khabib - Y'all love this one but honestly I don't care. Bu y'all have fun.

It would take a WHOLE LOT for this card to suck. I'm going to say it's natural floor is a B. And it would take some real flukes and madness, or just all-over-the-place judging with lots of decisions, to make this card even a C+

Once Pettis vs Ferguson and Lee vs Iaquinta are added this card becomes an A

Stacked card = instant buy for me. 229 as it is is a stay off the internet, download it the next day type of card. I'm much more likely to buy 230 than 229.
And yet some people deny this but I think you are in majory. UFC needs to stack cards. MMA fans like the whole card to be good, not just main event.

Apart from the main it’s all Tesco’s own brand from there

Patrick vs Holtzman - Could be boring but chance for violence.
LaFlare vs Martin - Boring
Kunitskaya vs Lansberg - Lansberg will take a beating which is fun to watch.
Waterson vs Herrig - Actually an intersting match up so you should stop being a bitch and enjoy it.
OSP vs Reyes - This could actually has a 50/50 of being exciting OR the guys negating each other and it being boring.
Pettis vs Formiga - I mean, it could be fun, but we'll give it a 50/50 as well.
Lewis vs Volkov - Lewis had a boring fight last time out but it's unlikely that's going to happen twice.
McGregor vs Khabib - Y'all love this one but honestly I don't care. Bu y'all have fun.

It would take a WHOLE LOT for this card to suck. I'm going to say it's natural floor is a B. And it would take some real flukes and madness, or just all-over-the-place judging with lots of decisions, to make this card even a C+
Patrick vs Holtzman - Definitely boring decision.
LaFlare vs Martin - Super Boring
Kunitskaya vs Lansberg - Utterly boring, WMMA is slow and boring. Over 2.5 and not a single significant punch will be landed in that fight.
Waterson vs Herrig - They will circle around each other 15 minutes doing nothing.
Pettis vs Formiga -Gonna be boring, Formiga is going to wrestlefuck Lite Pettis or Pettis will just land from outside. Bet your life, wife and house on boring over 2.5
Lewis vs Volkov - Lewis is always in a boring fight until he finishes someone. Volkov will keep him on the end of his jab, keep distance and win a very boring decision.

This card has BORING written all over it.

Back