UFC 229 is Not Looking Good

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UQJs12z.png

I don't get it, why would they put together such a bad card when you have Khabib vs Conor as the main event?

Seriously, I expected them to put together some crazy card leading to the main event but they don't even have a decent co-main. This is disappointing.

UFC 230 is way more stacked. I mean they have the following on the main card,

Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch
Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa
Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya
Lyman Good vs. Sultan Aliev

Why didn't they schedule some of those fights on UFC 229 instead? They are just a month apart.

What do you guys think about the card?

Conor will probably still sell the card better than 230. He has enough star power on his own.

Lol calm down that's not the main card.

Conor would sell a million with JJ Aldrich as co main, why waste good fights on a Conor card when you can just put them on the next one and stack that one and have 2 good PPV's.

Didn’t Conor say awhile back that he doesn’t want any other fighter getting ppv points as long as he’s on the card?

Maybe that’s why they’re putting a card together like this. Nobody else on it, so far, can claim any rights to ppv points.

Gaurantee Dana will say some bs about the Mayweather McGregor undercard comparison

Wow he is right according to the UFC.com. That is an extremely underwhelming card so far.

Didn't Conor specifically negotiate that he doesn't want to share ppv points with other fighters? Thus we won't ever get another blockbuster card with him on it ever again.

Volkov vs Lewis has been added, probably at least one more big fight will materialize. It would be a serious missed opportunity to not use a card with a guaranteed million+ buys to try to promote some talent.

The only fight that matters is mac kabob. The rest is just window dressing.

It doesn't matter who else is on the card anymore when Conor is headlining.

Because Conor Khabib will sell the card on their own, they don't want to give anyone else ppv points, the other reason is its at MSG, thats why its so stacked.

Last edited:
They’re going to keep 229 pretty light. UFC knows that Conor can sell it himself and doesn’t require a stacked card to sell.

However, I do expect a couple decent match ups to be announced shortly

Didn't Conor specifically negotiate that he doesn't want to share ppv points with other fighters? Thus we won't ever get another blockbuster card with him on it ever again.
Good point, probably on to something here

Back