UFC 229 is Not Looking Good

Loving all the MBAs bending over backwards to rationalize how it is great when we get a dogshit comain/main card for the the most important fight possible. Stop bringing up Mayweather/boxing too, since that has nothing to do with this.

Are you a shareholder or an actual fan?

Conor has never headlined a card, without a good Co-Main Event/Card....They tend to pair him with other title fights(Except for UFC 202 but that card was still good).

maxresdefault.jpg

UFC202_McGregor_vs_Diaz-INFOGRAFIA-PPV.PNG

106398.jpg

95193.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The UFC never trusted Conor enough, to carry a whole UFC by himself........Unlike Floyd who carries shit cards.....It's all facade to make Conor look bigger than he is.

Conor became a guaranteed million PPV buys after the Aldo fight and UFC 202 reflected that. Mike Perry (before he was known) vs Hyun Gyu Lim and Tim Means vs Sabah Homasi were on the main card. 205 was stacked but that was just because it was the first time at MSG.

UQJs12z.png

I don't get it, why would they put together such a bad card when you have Khabib vs Conor as the main event?

Seriously, I expected them to put together some crazy card leading to the main event but they don't even have a decent co-main. This is disappointing.

UFC 230 is way more stacked. I mean they have the following on the main card,

Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch
Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa
Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya
Lyman Good vs. Sultan Aliev

Why didn't they schedule some of those fights on UFC 229 instead? They are just a month apart.

What do you guys think about the card?

In some ways I wonder if they are just going to gamble on McGregor making the card at the very least and have a backup in place to make the weight(Max maybe?). If for some reason the main event falls out you can't salvage a card like this with the current UFC schedule they need to fill out.

<23><23><23><23><23><23>
2 wmma fights in the main card. Are you fucking kidding me???

<{walkerwhut}><{walkerwhut}><{walkerwhut}><{walkerwhut}><{walkerwhut}><{walkerwhut}><{walkerwhut}><{walkerwhut}>

Who the fuck Lafair vs is that Marin guy for the co-main ???????

In some ways I wonder if they are just going to gamble on McGregor making the card at the very least and have a backup in place to make the weight(Max maybe?). If for some reason the main event falls out you can't salvage a card like this with the current UFC schedule they need to fill out.

Dana said he wanted T-Ferg on the same card
We'll see

To all the people in here claiming they know how ppv works and everyone else doesn't, You are aware they can book a big co-main without having to offer any points right?

Well you just lost my respect OP. calling people out for account stats is pathetic

UFC is run by mocha latte sipping film industry yuppies. All their plans are falling apart. Cody No Love Ko’d, Francis losing, all the hype trains derailing.

From a business standpoint it makes sense.

Conor vs Kabib will sell a ton on it's own. That allows the UFC to hold off on bigger fights to make bank on future PPVs.

UFC has a history of stacking one or two cards a year but having relatively poor PPV numbers otherwise. It would be in their best interest (but maybe not the fans') if they decided to let big fights headline shit cards.

I strongly disagree with the title of this thread.

QbOe0Se.gif

These are just the fights currently confirmed/signed

No need to get crazy (yet)

Conor vs Khabib is the bait to sell tickets once that fight falls through the people who bought tickets will just have some other shitty fight as a replacement for the main event and the UFC will profit because they won't have to pay Conor any money or Khabib any money just have to pay the other bums on the card.

Conor vs Khabib is the bait to sell tickets once that fight falls through the people who bought tickets will just have some other shitty fight as a replacement for the main event and the UFC will profit because they won't have to pay Conor any money or Khabib any money just have to pay the other bums on the card.

You can get refunds for a main event that falls through

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back