UFC 229 is Not Looking Good

Let's wait until the card is fully booked before drawing conclusions.

OSP vs Reyes and Pettis vs Formiga are quality fights too, the rest... Not so much.

That is a shitty card from my point of view. I actually wanted to go to a bar or something with my friends to watch this but with a shitty card like this, it's gonna be a long night.
Super thrilled for the main-event, but they really need to elevate their game for the rest of the card.

The whole card could have consisted of Conor shadow boxing for 15 minutes and would still sold more than the UFC 230.

They're definitely going to add more interesting fights, Dana said he was expecting 2 million buys for this

Waterson's bum is worth the stream.

I don't get it, why would they put together such a bad card when you have Khabib vs Conor as the main event?

Seriously, I expected them to put together some crazy card leading to the main event but they don't even have a decent co-main. This is disappointing.

It's because of Conor McGregor. He has very clearly stated numerous times that he won't fight on a PPV card with other fighters taking a PPV cut (other than his opponent).

Basically you can't put any big name that would get a PPV cut on a card with Conor. However, I agree with you that the card looks weak, regardless. They could have easily put some other good fights on that card, with fighters that don't earn PPV cash.

On the flip side, this is also a good opportunity to give lesser known fighters some exposure. Maybe they feel that some of these fighters are going to be exciting prospects. If Conor does sell 1-2M PPVs on his own, then this is a good chance to stack other cards, and give these fighters some exposure. Hopefully they've put some exciting prospects on the card. We'll just have to wait and see if anyone puts on a show when millions are watching them.

All I care is the UFC better have a quality fucking backup fighter in training and ready to go when Mr Tiramisu drops out of the fight due to weight cutting issues.

I agree with the OP. We all know the card isn't finalized yet but so far it seems rather weak. The UFC should be putting guys on the card who they want to use to highlight for future events. I mean what is the purpose in putting Lansbergs on the card?

Aside from his opponent?
I think so. I know he said he didn’t want any other champions on the card and he didn’t want to share ppv points.

I guess he’s getting that wish cause this card is looking weak as hell for Conor being on it.

You're right terrible card none will buy it.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Lafare, Martin, Formiga, and Reyes are all really interesting. Karate Hottie's butt will be worth the show. I'm not sold on the Landsberg fight... but she deserves another shot after stepping up to fight Cyborg. She'll need to win impressively to redeem her career, though.

Dominick Reyes the destroyaurus rex vs OSP, nice

Did you not notice Conor is on the card ? roflmao

I thought Lewis vs Volkov was a done deal? They both said yes to the fight. Because of Conor this card will sell anyway, so I guess the UFC arent too worried about the rest of the card.

Volkov vs Lewis has been added, probably at least one more big fight will materialize. It would be a serious missed opportunity to not use a card with a guaranteed million+ buys to try to promote some talent.

I agree with not putting big names, but do agree they shouldn't just put shitty fighters. Use the eyes to promote some up and coming dogs. Outside of Reyes and maybe you could argue Pettis, they aren't really doing that.

Conor alone has almost as much star power as prime Michael Jackson and Khabib has a surprising amount of fans.

inbe4 injuries and Saparbek Safarov vs Gian Villante II is the last fight on the card before the main event

@Wadtucket

inbe4 injuries and Saparbek Safarov vs Gian Villante II is the last fight on the card before the main event

@Wadtucket
Main event? The fight is not happening inshallah tiramusi will take it's other victim and blow cream of chram all over the UFC

Main event? The fight is not happening inshallah tiramusi will take it's other victim and blow cream of chram all over the UFC

137358.jpg

Back