Television TV Show Thread

Glad Kimmell didn't get cancelled, this should be different.

Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany Lands Title Role in Marvel Studios' SHE-HULK TV Series

Tatiana-Maslany-She-Hulk-1280x720.jpg

Tatiana Maslany is hulking out. The fan-favorite actor known for Orphan Black has landed the lead role in Disney+'s She-Hulk series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Maslany will play Jennifer Walters, an attorney and cousin of Bruce Banner (aka The Hulk). In the comics, an emergency blood transfusion from her cousin gave Walters her powers, but unlike Banner, She-Hulk was able to keep her intelligence and personality when she hulked out.

Veteran television director Kat Corio is helming the pilot, and Rick & MortyEmmy winner Jessica Gao is leading the writer's room on She-Hulk. Actor Mark Ruffalo, who plays Bruce Banner in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, has expressed interest in appearing in the show.

Maslany rose to fame for Orphan Black, the sci-fi TV series that saw her show off her acting chops by playing a number of clones. The show landed her a 2016 Emmy and a Golden Globe nomination. She is also among the cast of HBO's Perry Mason show.

Marvel Studios has a number of shows in development for Disney+, including WandaVision, which is due out later this year. The studio recently resumed production on Falcon & The Winter Soldier, which shut down in March due to COVID-19, and also has a Loki series starring Tom Hiddleston that was partially completed before the pandemic shut down production.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tatiana-maslany-lands-lead-in-disney-she-hulk-series

Tatiana is a fucking amazing actress, but some of the people on the writing staff of that show are total clowns.

I really hope that this doesn't turn into the woke shitfest that I think that it might be.

Daniel is such a dick most of the time. lol

I think he comes across way better in season 2 when

he gets Miyagi-do back up and running. But the great thing about the show is that neither Johnny nor Daniel is presented as the true hero. They are both shades of gray but I felt compelled to root for each of them. The two episodes near the end of 1 and 2 where Johnny and Daniel bonded were pretty fun. Got to be foreshadowing of an inevitable team up.

I'm watching Raised by Wolves. It's pretty good so far (on ep 4). It's kind of like a much smarter, better written/acted Lost In Space remake. I like the religious and philosophical tidbits thrown in, but it seems like extremism is the main point.

Decided to bail on The Boys until the season is complete. I'm not going to pass judgement until it plays out but the first 5 episodes haven't inspired confidence. I got through the first episode just fine but each subsequent episode has taken multiple tries.

Started watching Raised By Wolves instead and I'm hooked.

Woke and pen15 on hulu are worth watching

mmmkay, FC. last time i followed one of yer recommendations it turned out ok,
so im breakin down and givin Australian Ray Donovan a whirl...

we will see how it goes.
Which was the last recommendation? Mr Inbetween is flippin brilliant.

I'm watching Raised by Wolves. It's pretty good so far (on ep 4). It's kind of like a much smarter, better written/acted Lost In Space remake. I like the religious and philosophical tidbits thrown in, but it seems like extremism is the main point.

I've yet to see it but Raised By Wolves looks like it might be the best show on tv.

Which was the last recommendation? Mr Inbetween is flippin brilliant.

you know, im not sure, i just remember it being solid, and for all i know it coulda been 15 yrs ago,

im one of those people who begins a story with "the other day",

about an incident that happened in 2014.

Back