Television TV Show Thread

you know, im not sure, i just remember it being solid, and for all i know it coulda been 15 yrs ago,

im one of those people who begins a story with "the other day",

about an incident that happened in 2014.
Well I'm glad I helped anyway, haha.

unless it was you writing about Mr Robot (best show evah) in the Dump somewhere, but i feel like that was someone else.

Well I'm glad I helped anyway, haha.

yezmaam.

this show is very watchable... he just verified unicorns while professing agnosticism to his daughter.
lead character reminds me a lot of "Wayne", so far.

except wayne was a kid in Boston, not an adult in Aus. if you havent seen "Wayne", i highly recommend it, and im rather positve youd like it. its on the YouTube Red platform.

hope yer day is good.

yezmaam.

this show is very watchable... he just verified unicorns while professing agnosticism to his daughter.
lead character reminds me a lot of "Wayne", so far.

except wayne was a kid in Boston, not an adult in Aus. if you havent seen "Wayne", i highly recommend it, and im rather positve youd like it. its on the YouTube Red platform.

hope yer day is good.
The relationship he has with his daughter is brilliant. Often they're having conversations like she's an adult...not 7. It's funny. I can't wait for you to see one story with her.
Aside from the storylines etc I really like that his ex and he have a really amicable relationship which doesn't get in the way of anything else.

The relationship he has with his daughter is brilliant. Often they're having conversations like she's an adult...not 7. It's funny. I can't wait for you to see one story with her.
Aside from the storylines etc I really like that his ex and he have a really amicable relationship which doesn't get in the way of anything else.

yeah. its shocking,y similar to me, my daughter and her mom.

if you havent seen this, its as good as anything else you havent see, and below the radar:

yeah. its shocking,y similar to me, my daughter and her mom.

if you havent seen this, its as good as anything else you havent see, and below the radar:

Dammit. I'll have to watch the trailers when I get home from work. If it's similar I'm all over it.

I think I saw Spectrum on demand exclusive L.A.'s Finest with Jessica Alba is going to broadcast FOX soon. They showed naked male buns. Curious if FOX will censor that.

Suicide Squad Spinoff Series PEACEMAKER Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at HBO Max

2J1DyII.jpg

HBO Max has given a straight-to-series order for “Peacemaker,” a spinoff from the upcoming “Suicide Squad” film. John Cena will play the title role, reprising his role from the film. The film’s writer and director, James Gunn, will also write the series and direct multiple episodes, including the pilot.

HBO Max has ordered eight episodes of the show based on the DC Comics character, which is described as an action adventure comedy. The exact plot of the series is being kept under wraps, but it is said it will explore the origins of Peacemaker, a man who believes in peace at any cost, no matter how many people he has to kill to get it. Production is slated to begin in early 2021, prior to Gunn starting work on “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.” “The Suicide Squad” is set to be released in theaters Aug. 6, 2021.

“’Peacemaker’ is an opportunity to delve into current world issues through the lens of this superhero/supervillain/and world’s biggest douchebag,” Gunn said. “I’m excited to expand ‘The Suicide Squad’ and bring this character from the DC film universe to the full breadth of a series. And of course, to be able to work again with John, Peter, and my friends at Warner Bros. is the icing on the cake.”

Cena will serve as co-executive producer in addition to starring. Gunn will executive produce via Troll Court Entertainment with “Suicide Squad” producer Peter Safran also executive producing for The Safran Company. Warner Bros. Television will serve as the studio.

The series expands Gunn’s role within the DC universe, having already established himself within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He wrote and directed the first two installments of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, which collectively grossed over $1.6 billion globally. He was also an executive producer on both “Avengers: Endgame” and “Avengers: Infinity War.”

Cena is best known for his time in the WWE, where he is a 16-time world champion. He has been pursuing acting more seriously of late, having starred in films such as “Blockers,” “Trainwreck,” “Bumblebee,” “Ferdinand,” and the upcoming ninth installment of the “Fast & Furious” franchise. He also currently hosts “Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?” on Nickelodeon.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/su...ries-john-cena-james-gunn-hbo-max-1234780589/

Full Trailer for Hulu's HELSTROM; Premiering October 16

THE BOYS Spinoff in the Works at Amazon Following Massive Season 2 Launch

qnMi4ii.jpeg

The Boys could soon be getting a spinoff. Variety has learned that Amazon is fast-tracking development on a new iteration of the popular comic book series adaptation.

The spinoff is set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (or “supes”) that is run by Vought International. It is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities. Part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire and raunch of The Boys.

The news comes just under three weeks after the premiere of Season 2 of the series, which is based on The New York Times best-selling comic of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. The second season is airing weekly, while the first dropped all at once, with the finale set to air Oct. 9. According to Amazon, the second season had the most-watched global launch of an Amazon original series ever, with the episodes to date having grown the audience from Season 1 by 89%. It was renewed for a third season ahead of the Season 2 premiere while also adding an aftershow hosted by Aisha Tyler.

Craig Rosenberg is writing the pilot and will serve as showrunner and executive producer under his overall deal with Sony Pictures Television, with Rosenberg currently serving as writer and executive producer on the original series. The Boys creator Eric Kripke will also executive produce along with The Boys executive producer Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and James Weaver of Point Grey Pictures. Original Film’s Neal H. Moritz and Pavun Shetty, who also executive produce The Boys, are also executive producers on the spinoff. Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television will produce.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-boys-spinoff-amazon-1234782755/

Samuel L. Jackson to Play Nick Fury in a New Marvel Studios TV Series for Disney+

w3lTV7h.jpeg

Samuel L. Jackson is set to reprise the role of Nick Fury in a new Marvel series currently in development at Disney Plus, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

The exact plot details of the show are being kept under wraps, but multiple sources say Jackson is attached to star with Kyle Bradstreet attached to write and executive produce. Like all the other Marvel shows at Disney Plus, Marvel Studios will produce.

Reps for Jackson, Bradstreet, and Disney did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

Jackson famously portrayed Fury, the monocular head of the clandestine government agency S.H.I.E.L.D, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe going back to the post-credits scene in the first Iron Man film in 2008. He has appeared in multiple films within the MCU since, most recently portraying Fury in Spider-Man: Far from Home, Avengers: Endgame, and Captain Marvel. He also played the character in two episodes of the ABC series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. SPOILER ALERT: The last time fans saw Fury was in the post-credits scene of “Far From Home,” where he was onboard a Skrull ship somewhere in deep space.

Jackson is one of the most iconic actors of modern times. He is known for his frequent collaborations with Quentin Tarantino, most notably Jackson’s Oscar nominated performance in Pulp Fiction. The two went on to work together on films such as Jackie Brown, The Hateful Eight, and Django Unchained. He has also worked with Spike Lee on multiple films, including Do the Right Thing, School Daze, Mo’ Better Blues, Jungle Fever, and Chi-Raq.

Jackson is also known for his roles in films like the Star Wars prequel trilogy, Snakes on a Plane, Unbreakable and the recent followup Glass, and Coach Carter. The Nick Fury series would mark the first regular television role of his career.

Bradstreet most recently worked as a writer and executive producer on the Emmy-winning USA Network series Mr. Robot. His other credits include Borgia, Berlin Station, and Copper.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/nick-fury-series-samuel-l-jackson-disney-plus-1234782313/

Gonna try to watch Showtime's The Comey Rule. Curious how accurate this is with specific character interactions, dialogue.

Like it and Chris Rock is great in it but first two eps of Fargo's got me close to tears.

Back