Television TV Show Thread

Tried the first episode of WOKE. It's about a black comic strip artist, who after being traumatized by a police encounter, gradually becomes a BSJW and also suddenly hallucinates stuff. I like the lead Lamorne Morris (New Girl) but I just found the show too painful to watch (i.e., not enjoyable) when he self-sabotages his career at the end and possibly his romantic relationship.

Woke-Review-Hulu-Comedy-Deftly-Tackles-Racial-Issues-After-a-Sleepy-Start-990x660.jpg

Tried the first episode of WOKE. It's about a black comic strip artist, who after being traumatized by a police encounter, gradually becomes a BSJW and also suddenly hallucinates stuff. I like the lead Lamorne Morris (New Girl) but I just found the show too painful to watch (i.e., not enjoyable) when he self-sabotages his career at the end and possibly his romantic relationship.

Woke-Review-Hulu-Comedy-Deftly-Tackles-Racial-Issues-After-a-Sleepy-Start-990x660.jpg
I may have been interested if not for the name of the show, which I can't stand. Definitely not interested now, haha. Thanks! (not sarcastic)

Found a box set of Spin City.
This was Michael J Fox's farewell.
It made made me smile a few times.
And Charlie Sheen replaces him in season 5

For instance :

'How many women have you slept with, Stuart ?'

'You mean roughly ?'

'I don't care how you did it, sicko !'

Last edited:
Masie Williams new show "Two weeks to Live" on sky

landscape-desktop.764.430.jpg

only 6 x 25 minute episodes so a quick binge. Im half way through, very "End of the Fucking World" vibes about it

And if nothing else we get to see MW with a bag of peas on her head

View attachment 797003

Finished this today and liked it well enough. The 6 x 25 minute episode format works perfect for me as I don't have a lot of time to binge watch anything at the moment.

watched the first episode of the new cultish, "folk horror" kind of show The Third Day:

not completely sold yet, but kind of early to judge.

Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany Lands Title Role in Marvel Studios' SHE-HULK TV Series

Tatiana-Maslany-She-Hulk-1280x720.jpg

Tatiana Maslany is hulking out. The fan-favorite actor known for Orphan Black has landed the lead role in Disney+'s She-Hulk series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Maslany will play Jennifer Walters, an attorney and cousin of Bruce Banner (aka The Hulk). In the comics, an emergency blood transfusion from her cousin gave Walters her powers, but unlike Banner, She-Hulk was able to keep her intelligence and personality when she hulked out.

Veteran television director Kat Corio is helming the pilot, and Rick & MortyEmmy winner Jessica Gao is leading the writer's room on She-Hulk. Actor Mark Ruffalo, who plays Bruce Banner in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, has expressed interest in appearing in the show.

Maslany rose to fame for Orphan Black, the sci-fi TV series that saw her show off her acting chops by playing a number of clones. The show landed her a 2016 Emmy and a Golden Globe nomination. She is also among the cast of HBO's Perry Mason show.

Marvel Studios has a number of shows in development for Disney+, including WandaVision, which is due out later this year. The studio recently resumed production on Falcon & The Winter Soldier, which shut down in March due to COVID-19, and also has a Loki series starring Tom Hiddleston that was partially completed before the pandemic shut down production.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tatiana-maslany-lands-lead-in-disney-she-hulk-series

Raised By Wolves is the business.

If you like sci-fi and post-apocalyptic genres its a must watch.
I love their 2 episode (at a time) weekly release schedule, it's perfect. I think they started with 3 too.

One is never enough, and all at once is too much. It helps I love this show.

I cant wait to get home and catch the two new episodes they just released.

Back