Television TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Mar 18, 2019.

1. -Magua- Black Belt

100% agree... provided perfect character which amped contrast to McGonaughey’s dark Hamlet schtick. Resonant back & forth tween 2.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    fingercuffs and LHWBelt like this.
  2. -Magua- Black Belt

[​IMG]

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  3. LHWBelt Gold Belt

Ya neither would have worked without the other imo. Matthew deserved all his praise but I can't think of a single character in the season that didn't fucking nail it. Not even some minor character.

-Magua- likes this.
  4. -Magua- Black Belt

True. Same.
    Wife was awesome too.
    Entire cast seemed to be on acting peds.

LHWBelt likes this.
  5. dim_ Steel Belt

Finished this, decent short binge. Only around 2h30 in total.

Quite british in its humour i think, dry and dark. Was very much like "The end of the F*cking world" with a bit of the Fresh Eggs darkness I liked.

It wrapped up the story nicely but left it open with the option of a second season as well.

decent quick binge

6. fingercuffs raw sandwich lover Platinum Member

Alright Alright doing that around the same time as Dallas Buyer's Club which was fantastic and so worthy of the Oscar was brilliant. Didn't really consider him a serious actor since he stopped being a beefcake and doing the heart throb roles. He's brilliant now.

blokeybloke and -Magua- like this.
  7. -Magua- Black Belt

He’s so dreamy in more Cerebral roles as of late.

Was gettin weakin the knees when makin that dirty determinist talk; time as a flat repeating record schpiel.

He’s got Pretty mouf makin those sweet Nihilist mellifluous words. ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  8. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Star Trek Discovery season 3 trailer

9. lostdog000 Gold Belt

this is funny:

adult swim: | Infomercials

10. Krallang Pleb Double Yellow Card

On episode two on Netflix's Hillary Swank show Away.

2 Reasons I hate it.

Filled with a bunch of needless family backstory for Hillary Swanks character. I tuned in for a sci fi show about going to mars, not some family drama...

They are blatantly fucking with the science but pretending everything is accurate. Extendable crew sleep pods? Uh? In deep space the crew compartment would be center mass surrounded by water to lessen the radiation.

Oh solar panels and if they don't deploy we all die, fairly certain a nuclear reactor would be the main power source.

Bitch leaps off the command module, fingergrips the side and swings back in. Mass is still mass, momentum is still momentum.

I might give it to episode 4 hoping Hillary Swank dies and the russian Misha takes over.

I don't know who wrote this, I know they wrote it for Hillary swank but god damn, terruble absolutely terruble.

Dragonlordxxxxx and Phisher like this.
  11. Phisher Gold Belt

More genius shit from Hollywood. A Robocop "prequel" that won't feature Robocop.

Dragonlordxxxxx and GtehMVP like this.
  12. Phisher Gold Belt

I got three episodes deep into that piece of shit and tapped out.

It's more of a bland relationship drama than it is about space exploration.

RE the terrible science, the absolute worst part of the show is the depiction of instantaneous communication between the ship and Earth. There would be about a two second delay between transmissions from the Earth to the Moon. Between the Earth and Mars, it would take about a half hour to forty minutes to complete a two-way transmission depending on Earth's proximity to Mars at any given time in their respective orbits.

The delay should be increasing as they travel farther away from Earth towards Mars, but Hillary Swank's character is having daily Skype calls with her family like it's no big deal.

The best praise that I can give Away is that it's not as bad as that Katee Sackhoff show, Another Life. I'd honestly like to see some of the scripts and pitches that Netflix rejects given all of the garbage that goes into production.

GtehMVP and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.
  13. Demented Orange Belt

Probably my favorite TV shows:

fortheo and Granite Wall like this.
  14. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Joe Exotic Scripted Series Starring Nicolas Cage Lands at Amazon for Development

[​IMG]

A TV project starring Nicolas Cage as Tiger King subject Joe Exotic has found a home at Amazon. The tech giant's Prime Video streaming platform will develop the scripted series from CBS Television Studios and Imagine Entertainment. Amazon Studios has also come aboard to produce.

The potential series is based on a 2019 Texas Monthly story about Joe Schreibvogel, aka Joe Exotic, how he built a private zoo in Oklahoma and his feuds with Carole Baskin and Jeff Lowe. All three are featured in Netflix's docuseries Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness.

The Cage project is one of two scripted series based on the Schreibvogel story that are in the works. Kate McKinnon is set to play Baskin in a drama that's been ordered to series as a cross-platform venture on NBC, USA Network and streamer Peacock. That show is based on Wondery's Joe Exotic podcast.

Amazon's version of the story will center on Schreibvogel (Cage), an eccentric, exotic zookeeper in Oklahoma who fights to keep his park — even at the risk of losing his sanity. The series will live in the lion's den with Joe, explore how he became Joe Exotic, and how he lost himself to a character of his own creation.

Dan Lagana (American Vandal) will serve as showrunner and executive produce with Brian Grazer (Empire) and Samie Kim Falvey for Imagine; Paul Young (Key & Peele) for Make Good Content; Cage via his Saturn Films; and Scott Brown and Megan Creydt for Texas Monthly.

Cage, meanwhile, is also set to executive produce and voice the lead character — a dragon — in another series for Amazon, based on Eoin Colfer's novel Hellfire.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazon-lands-nicolas-cage-led-joe-exotic-drama

Phisher and Jackonfire like this.
  15. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

THE BOYS Releases Short Film Reveals What Butcher Did After Season One Ending

16. A.A. Riggs sweet ... sweet meat!

I wonder who threw him the fuck out the house now that Uncle Phil gone :(

Phisher likes this.
  17. LHWBelt Gold Belt

You guys must have missed the trailer. It looked like shit lol

GtehMVP and Phisher like this.
  18. GtehMVP Brown Belt

Fucking bankrupt lol. It continues...

Phisher likes this.
  19. Phisher Gold Belt

Oh my God. They're literally parodies of themselves as an industry.

No fresh ideas. Just reboot everything that's been done with a "diverse cast" and then smear the critics of their mediocre work as bigots.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

GtehMVP and Misfit23 like this.
  20. Krallang Pleb Double Yellow Card

I not only watched the Trailer I read the Articles. Still gave it a shot.

Kinda dry atm, other then The boys, Raised by wolves, Lovecraft country nothing new is airing. I'm sure it will pick up in a few weeks as fall comes into play.

Honorable mention to big brother and bering sea gold and The 100, been a staple for years.

Got to episode 4 1/2 today just playing it in the background at work when I had some free time. Still terrible, still know I shouldn't finish it out.