Television TV Show Thread

Has anyone watched Black Spot (Zone Blanche) on Netflix, my wife and I just finished it. Overall really enjoyed the show, had some great characters
Thanks for the recommendation. Will check it out.

I checked a review of the series and it mentions that there's a different crime in each episode but it ties up to the bigger story. I already like this set-up. I've seen a lot of great concept dramas that drags just because they don't have some standalone-ish episodes.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will check it out.

I checked a review of the series and it mentions that there's a different crime in each episode but it ties up to the bigger story. I already like this set-up. I've seen a lot of great concept dramas that drags just because they don't have some standalone-ish episodes.
It really helped tie everything together and not let it get bogged (There’s a pun in there but you need to watch it) down.

Started watching Lucifer last night. First episode was good, so far the rest of Season One sucks. Big time.

The Lucifer character is great and interesting, and his fallen angel brother/nemesis is cool, but I could not care less about the lady cop, and the crime plotlines are just awful and ridiculous. Will stick with it as all I've heard is it gets better as it goes along.

Started watching Lucifer last night. First episode was good, so far the rest of Season One sucks. Big time.

The Lucifer character is great and interesting, and his fallen angel brother/nemesis is cool, but I could not care less about the lady cop, and the crime plotlines are just awful and ridiculous. Will stick with it as all I've heard is it gets better as it goes along.
It definitely gets better. It's all a bit camp to begin with and he still is now which makes it brilliant that he's the devil but when he's dark and not the crowd pleaser it's awesome. It got a lot more adult when it moved to Netflix which was great but I really like it. Haven't finished the current season yet but they couldn't have picked a better actor for it. He used to be a doctor in an English soap opera barely getting any scenes at all.

Spider-Man Spinoff SILK Live-Action Series in the Works at Sony Pictures Television

ctn6vdY.jpg

Silk could soon be the next Marvel character to get her own TV series, Variety has learned from sources. Variety has learned that Sony, which controls the rights to the Spider-Man universe, is developing a live-action series centered on Silk. Lauren Moon is in talks to write. Like Silk, Moon is Korean-American. Her past credits include the Freeform series Good Trouble and the Netflix series Atypical.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller are executive producing under their Lord Miller production banner along with former Sony Pictures Entertainment head Amy Pascal. Sony Pictures Television, where Lord Miller is under a rich overall deal, will produce. No network or streaming service is currently attached, but sources say Amazon is in talks to acquire the project, along with other potential Marvel series based on characters Sony controls.

It was reported in 2018 that Sony Pictures was in the early stages of development on a Silk standalone film. Later that same year, it was also reported that Sony was developing a female-led spinoff of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse that would potentially focus on Silk, Spider-Gwen, and Spider-Woman.

The character Silk’s real name is Cindy Moon, a Korean-American classmate of Peter Parker’s. She was first introduced in the comic books in The Amazing Spider-Man #1 in 2014. Like Parker, she is bitten by a radioactive spider, which gives her the ability to move at incredible speed, shoot webs out of her fingertips, and possess an advanced Spider-Sense (known as Silk Sense). Tiffany Espensen played the character in the 2017 film Spider-Man: Homecoming. It is unknown at this time if she would star in the series.

When Lord & Miller’s new overall deal with Sony was announced, it was reported that they would work with the studio to develop a suite of television series based on Sony’s Marvel characters, with Silk now being the first. The deal also allows the pair to develop their own projects for network, cable and streaming platforms, as well as develop and supervise other writers’ projects. The duo previously produced the Oscar-winning animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse at Sony, for which Lord also wrote the story and co-wrote the screenplay. Pascal was also a producer on that film.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/silk-marvel-tv-series-live-action-1234758434/

LOL I just realized that they're making an Equalizer TV reboot with Queen Latifah in the lead playing "a divorced single mother who acts as a vigilante for justice while pursuing her own vendettas."

Does Hollywood want to lose money? They're so far up their asses with wokeness and female-centric casting that nothing even makes sense anymore.

What in the actual fuck lol

I really liked the first 3 episodes of RAISED BY WOLVES. The pacing never drags, there is always a point. The story is not easily predictable and takes bold turns, mixed in with some haunting iconography.

rbw2.jpg

agreed, fantastic visual series, the design is great and sort of retrofuturistic, and i guess i won't be too specific but the necromancer is fantastic.

i might have a little frustration with the portrayal of "atheism" in the show but i know that's basically just coming from my own bias and the two sides of the overarching conflict are meant to be more intense and zealous and not necessarily realistic.

Amazon's JACK REACHER Casts 6'2" Titans Star Alan Ritchson in Title Role

xZYS5zy.jpg

Amazon has found its Jack Reacher. Titans actor Alan Ritchson has landed the lead role in a series based on Lee Child's best-selling series of novels. The show is produced by Amazon Studios, Skydance Television and Paramount Television Studios.

Ritchson steps into a role previously played by Tom Cruise in two movies based on the character. At 6-foot-4 and 235 pounds, according to Amazon [6'2" according to Google], Ritchson is closer to Child's description of the physically imposing character (who's described as standing 6-foot-5 and weighing 250 pounds). Reacher is a military veteran who lives a nomadic life as a freelance investigator and problem solver.

Nick Santora (Scorpion, Quibi's Most Dangerous Game) will write and serve as showrunner on the series, whose first season will be based on Child's novel Killing Floor. Santora, who has an overall deal at Skydance TV, is also developing a father-daughter spy series for the studio, with Arnold Schwarzenegger attached to star.

Ritchson is a regular on DC Universe/HBO Max's Titans, where he plays Hank Hall/Hawk. His credits also include Spike's Blue Mountain State, Syfy's Blood Drive, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Smallville. He is repped by Dan Spilo of Industry Entertainment and Attorney Dan Fox of Hansen Jacobson.

Jack Reacher is one of a number of Amazon series based on high-profile book titles, including Jack Ryan (also from Skydance and Paramount TV Studios), Bosch and the upcoming Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time. Child's Reacher novels have sold more than 100 million copies and been translated into 49 languages.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazons-jack-reacher-casts-alan-ritchson-in-title-role

Amazon's JACK REACHER Casts 6'2" Titans Star Alan Ritchson in Title Role

xZYS5zy.jpg

Amazon has found its Jack Reacher. Titans actor Alan Ritchson has landed the lead role in a series based on Lee Child's best-selling series of novels. The show is produced by Amazon Studios, Skydance Television and Paramount Television Studios.

Ritchson steps into a role previously played by Tom Cruise in two movies based on the character. At 6-foot-4 and 235 pounds, according to Amazon [6'2" according to Google], Ritchson is closer to Child's description of the physically imposing character (who's described as standing 6-foot-5 and weighing 250 pounds). Reacher is a military veteran who lives a nomadic life as a freelance investigator and problem solver.

Nick Santora (Scorpion, Quibi's Most Dangerous Game) will write and serve as showrunner on the series, whose first season will be based on Child's novel Killing Floor. Santora, who has an overall deal at Skydance TV, is also developing a father-daughter spy series for the studio, with Arnold Schwarzenegger attached to star.

Ritchson is a regular on DC Universe/HBO Max's Titans, where he plays Hank Hall/Hawk. His credits also include Spike's Blue Mountain State, Syfy's Blood Drive, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Smallville. He is repped by Dan Spilo of Industry Entertainment and Attorney Dan Fox of Hansen Jacobson.

Jack Reacher is one of a number of Amazon series based on high-profile book titles, including Jack Ryan (also from Skydance and Paramount TV Studios), Bosch and the upcoming Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time. Child's Reacher novels have sold more than 100 million copies and been translated into 49 languages.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazons-jack-reacher-casts-alan-ritchson-in-title-role
tenor.gif

I really liked the first 3 episodes of RAISED BY WOLVES. The pacing never drags, there is always a point. The story is not easily predictable and takes bold turns, mixed in with some haunting iconography.

rbw2.jpg
Yeah, this is excellent! I watched all 3 episodes last night. Her necromancer mode is pretty freaking cool!

The Mithraic remind me of the Pax from The Hyperion Cantos (Endymion books).

Masie Williams new show "Two weeks to Live" on sky

landscape-desktop.764.430.jpg

only 6 x 25 minute episodes so a quick binge. Im half way through, very "End of the Fucking World" vibes about it

And if nothing else we get to see MW with a bag of peas on her head

upload_2020-9-7_2-43-50.png

rbw2.jpg
Jus started watching this today. Gunna try get the wife into it so we got a new show. I like it tho.

I really liked Perry Mason and she didn’t so we’ll see how this goes (not that the shows are anything alike, we are jus hit or miss sometimes with shows).

Finished season 1 True Detective.
Boy, that was something epic.
A real gritty dark yet spiritual watch. Was excellent & deserving of the accolades.

Allright alright’s best performance imo. Harrelson was superb as well. Really feel they brought the best out of each other.
1d5291b97bc1db646acdc2f76e2d210e.gif

Loved the soundtrack as well.

Last edited:
A real gritty dark yet spiritual watch. Was excellent & deserving of the accolades.

Allright alright’s best performance imo. Harrelson was superb as well. Really feel they brought the best out of each other.
kMmrRQs-1VdILMspEQt3-yMCj-h_8b6PXdIVwBqpBO9tIDHwpIvbVPuU-Re1GfwwIxfBLlKNvfhgcSH4-lQOhdjOT7qYYzO-i6M5UpXDa_55gOl9DLxv5yr2loHxYAF5DK6OmeZzsawyAg

You forgot to mention one of the best part - episode two. (wink wink)

kMmrRQs-1VdILMspEQt3-yMCj-h_8b6PXdIVwBqpBO9tIDHwpIvbVPuU-Re1GfwwIxfBLlKNvfhgcSH4-lQOhdjOT7qYYzO-i6M5UpXDa_55gOl9DLxv5yr2loHxYAF5DK6OmeZzsawyAg

The first time I watched it McConagay or however you spell it blew me away. The 2nd time I realized Harrelson did just as good a job. The whole season is just hands down the best season in television for me. Everything about it is great even the beautiful women. Harrelson is such a goddamn capable actor. He's also in one of my favorite comedies in Semi-Pro.

The first time I watched it McConagay or however you spell it blew me away. The 2nd time I realized Harrelson did just as good a job. The whole season is just hands down the best season in television for me. Everything about it is great even the beautiful women. Harrelson is such a goddamn capable actor. He's also in one of my favorite comedies in Semi-Pro.
100% agree... provided perfect character which amped contrast to McGonaughey’s dark Hamlet schtick. Resonant back & forth tween 2.
ea009f1d32d7a036151d58051a325d52.500x280x15.gif

Last edited:
Back