Television TV Show Thread

Lovecraft isn't what I expected, but I like it. Nice people being nice people for the most part.

How was the Kendrick show? I think she’s good but that concept seemed like a tough sell of a comedy to me.
I would give it a solid 7/10. Definitely some good laughs. I think the short episode format works well with the comedy shows, less so with the action/thriller shows I've watched so far.

I am SO in with Lovecraft. Best show in a few months. Matey @Dragonlordxxxxx thoughts?
I liked it also, especially after they started travelling on the road. The encounter with the Sheriff and the whole sundown thing was tense and funny. Pleasantly surprised that the show was gory as heads, throats, limbs get torn apart when the monsters showed up. Wasn't a fan of Smollett-Bell's rendition of Black Canary in Birds of Prey but she was great in here. Tic (Atticus) seems to be a very likable main character.

The show also reminds me a bit of Watchmen.

I liked it also, especially after they started travelling on the road. The encounter with the Sheriff and the whole sundown thing was tense and funny. Pleasantly surprised that the show was gory as heads, throats, limbs get torn apart when the monsters showed up. Wasn't a fan of Smollett-Bell's rendition of Black Canary in Birds of Prey but she was great in here. Tic (Atticus) seems to be a very likable main character.

The show also reminds me a bit of Watchmen.
Funny you mentioning Atticus and Watchmen being Reznor and Atticus doing the score haha. I didn't really know what to expect, but there was the right amount of normal and then the "oh, bugger here we go" to look forward to next Sunday. Happy to have a nice new HBO show.

Stopped watching this about 2-3 seasons ago. Plus I hate the new rubbery-looking suit.

this is right after order 66 right ?

there is lot of surviving jedi in Disney canon and in LEGENDS, i hope we get to see some of them.

Nope. As I understand it, this shows takes place closer to the events of A New Hope.

Binged the first three seasons of THE GOOD PLACE despite a very rough start. I don't know what exactly coaxed me to continue, but now I love the show. Despite it's quasi-hackneyed sitcom, focus-group vibe -- it's got some serious balls. One of the main characters isn't properly introduced until almost the fourth episode. Plus it manages to sprinkle in little details that I appeal to me, such as my hatred for the word "staycation."

manydays.gif

I also learned I really like the hi-five popping up on television.

Binged the first three seasons of THE GOOD PLACE despite a very rough start. I don't know what exactly coaxed me to continue, but now I love the show. Despite it's quasi-hackneyed sitcom, focus-group vibe -- it's got some serious balls. One of the main characters isn't properly introduced until almost the fourth episode. Plus it manages to sprinkle in little details that I appeal to me, such as my hatred for the word "staycation."

manydays.gif

I also learned I really like the hi-five popping up on television.
Fork off.

I really liked it too and I just want to shrink Jason and put him in my pocket he's so funny and sweet.

I really liked it too and I just want to shrink Jason and put him in my pocket he's so funny and sweet.
giphy.gif

BORTLES! PORTALS!! I'm hoping soon for MORTALS and maybe even TORTLES! I hear Season 4 isn't as good, but I'm in love with all six characters.

giphy.gif

BORTLES! PORTALS!! I'm hoping soon for MORTALS and maybe even TORTLES! I hear Season 4 isn't as good, but I'm in love with all six characters.
Look at his little face!

I won't spoil anything for you but it was a shame it ended. I obviously did the me thing and cried like an idiot during the last episode, it was a really fun show.

You're such a little bench.

LOL how supportive he was when Donkey Doug hit on his wife:

donkeydougsoffer.gif
Dammit I can't discuss with you what I want to if you haven't finished it yet! Key me in when you have, and make it snappy.

Back