Television TV Show Thread

Not slagging it off. I need to be in bed with socks taped to my hands away from a phone or laptop if something really needs to be concentrated on and that's the issue I had with it. I don't need a hit a minute fight scene or owt, but it kind of ran away with me and before I knew it I didn't really know what was going.
I do like Nathan Fillion's look alike being in it though.
Lol yea I was the same way in season 1, I was a bit bored but it def picked up and by the last couple seasons I was hooked

Can you still speak Nederlands ?
Haha, not conversationally. But like ordering stuff in a restaurant or in a grocery store yeah.
Why do you ask? If I'm abroad I sometimes slip into it. There's certain foods I can't remember the English name of and I was only there for 4 years., 6 years ago.

Haha, not conversationally. But like ordering stuff in a restaurant or in a grocery store yeah.
Why do you ask? If I'm abroad I sometimes slip into it. There's certain foods I can't remember the English name of and I was only there for 4 years., 6 years ago.

I ask because I sometimes stay in NL.
A great country

I ask because I sometimes stay in NL.
A great country
It was fun. Met some really good friends from all sides of the globe because Amsterdam's a melting pot of so many nations. I don't miss trying to get sensible stuff done like setting up utilities but a lot of it I miss.
Where in NL and business or pleasure?

Lol just seen Ozark and Laura Linney nominated for a bunch of Emmy awards. I'm shocked at how people think Laura Linney does well in that show. Her acting is the main reason I stopped watching, she's horrid. smh

Watched The Morning Show on Apple TV.

1200x630.jpg

Surprisingly a decent watch.
Plot loosely looks similar based on Matt Lauer story. It didn’t over SJW sicken me, & it was witty at times & pretty interesting to see dynamics behind type of GMA show.

Characters & motivations were written well enough, but Crudup’s character seemed a bit too cool/enigmatic & too much zen like smarter than every one else.

He was always 2 steps ahead of everyone & near clairvoyant in this chess game. On a different level than everyone else; like Cheetos Cheetah mascot.
giphy.gif

Some holes, & didn’t like ending that much; but overall decent watch.
Will Prolly watch season 2.

Last edited:
Watched The Morning Show on Apple TV.

1200x630.jpg

Surprisingly a decent watch.
Plot loosely looks similar based on Matt Lauer story. It didn’t over SJW sicken me, & it was witty at times & pretty interesting to see dynamics behind type of GMA show.

Characters & motivations were written well enough, but Crudup’s character seemed a bit too cool/enigmatic & too much zen like smarter than every one else.

He was always 2 steps ahead of everyone & near clairvoyant in this chess game. On a different level than everyone else; like Cheetos Cheetah mascot.
giphy.gif

Some holes, & didn’t like ending that much; but overall decent watch.
Will Prolly watch season 2.
Yeah I really liked it too.

Watching CURSED. Finished episode one. Pretty standard but entertaining so far.

cursed-on-netflix-1594665371-view-0.jpg
Some of the acting in the first episode was really bad with the exception of Gustaf imo. But the second episode was much better and hope it continues on that trajectory.

Just watched the first episode. If they keep up this standard, the series will approach GOAT status:cool:

Could be coincidence, but the scene of almost the whole team fighting the Russians reminded me very strongly of the final battle in the first Avengers movie.

Finished watching both seasons of Mindhunter.
Who else has seen it? Where is some quality discussion of it? I may try reddit.
This was tailor made for me. David Fincher directing. It's about the early days of the FBI unit interviewing serial killers to try and glean diagnostic information to help them set up profiles in catching the next ones. I'd already read the book and it's a fabulous depiction of this fascinating behavioral criminology.

This was tailor made for me. David Fincher directing. It's about the early days of the FBI unit interviewing serial killers to try and glean diagnostic information to help them set up profiles in catching the next ones. I'd already read the book and it's a fabulous depiction of this fascinating behavioral criminology.

Loved the first season. Saw episode 1 of season 2 but got sidetracked with some other stuff abs did not finish it.

That first season was stellar television. From Fincher’s usual terrific style to the performances and the overall re-creation of a particular time and place.

I’m just bummed that they are supposedly not going a season 3.

Lol. Almost done with the show. I have 1 episode left. It's very fast paced and short seasons so didn't take very long

It's an easy show to binge watch because every episode ends on a cliffhanger. I do wish the main boy from season one made an appearance in the later seasons though. It would gave been cool to see what happened with him.

First season was excellent tv. 2nd season fell off a bit for me but still good.

I finally got around to starting Dark on Netflix and I’m really glad I did. I’m only 5 episodes deep but man, it’s great. The music is super fucking ominous and creepy. The dubbing sucks but I have subtitles on too so it’s not too bad after you get used to it.

Back