Trump-Ukraine Megathread V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deficit Donny chose that word on purpose. Everyone talks about him using lynching and it takes the focus off all his Quid Pro Quo.
Basically it’s a distraction.
Trump is in panic tweet mode. The GOP bitch slapped him over Syria. His own administration admitting to Quid Pro Quo. Generals are roasting him, his lawyer has 3 clients arrested and was probably under surveillance for a while.
Also he is fat. Deficit Donny is having a bad couple weeks, hence the panic tweets.

<{MingNope}>

It’s going to be ok bro. Helax.

There are legit things that if singled out look 'bad', 'swampy', 'other'.

So the question is 'is that enough justification or reason to demand and push for an investigation'.

If Hillary announces she is running and end up against Trump or even Romney is it ok for them to call for an investigation into her emails again? It still looks wrong, despite being cleared. So they can just say they want a new investigation or a different take on it since it still looks bad to them.

The stupidest of voters fall into that trap. Yes 'but, BUT, it does look bad, so lets investigate' and could care less about what has been done prior. Heck they don't have the attention span to pay attention to what the findings were yesterday, let alone years ago when this was investigated and cleared prior.

So this becomes the best tool of any POTUS. Just call for, over and over again any investigation to any opponent over anything that looks wrong or swampy with the only justification needed being it looks 'wrong' or 'swampy'.

"Who is my top opponent now? Ok I want any file from the IRS, CIA, FBI, etc that may have ever been made about that person to see if we can re-investigate them".

it is a great way to rile up the most stupid of voters who will not look back and we saw it directly in the Hillary and Trump campaign. And as much as I hope Hillary never runs again I promise you if Trump or other was to raise the emails again if she did, a large percent of people would think an investigation was justifies and would defend it because they would again say 'ya but it does look wrong, so we should investigate'.

The Founders, very deliberately were trying to protect the election process from the dumbest of the voters by highlighting as the #1 and #2 impeachable offenses 'soliciting foreign investigations into a political opponent' or 2, 'using the institutions (FBI, CIA, IRS, etc) to investigate political opponents' as they could see how easy it would be for a corrupt POTUS to do so.

Trump has done both.

It would be no different than Comey announcing an investigation into Clinton Email 10 days before election. Nothing came of it but the damage was done the moment he announced it.

Sounds like he had a lot to say. No wonder they tried to stop him from testifying.

No mishandling because they were deleted lol

"In total, the report found 91 violations by 38 individuals, and another 497 violations
The review did not encompass a separate collection of emails that Clinton’s lawyers withheld from the State Department and that she later destroyed, saying they were private and did not pertain to government business — a determination that was not verified by State Department officials."

"According to the State Department, there were 2,093 email chains on the server that were retroactively marked as classified by the State Department as "Confidential," 65 as "Secret," and 22 as "Top Secret"

Either way I hope we can move on, it's a dead horse and a waste of time to go after a failed candidate. Unless something crazy and impactful comes out of course.
The 'deleting' can be mishandling or not. That determination can be made and it was found to not be.

But yes, time to move on. And hopefully Hillary does not run again but if she does hopefully Trumptards don't fall for this again if Trump tries to ramp it up again. As we know he would

It would be no different than Comey announcing an investigation into Clinton Email 10 days before election. Nothing came of it but the damage was done the moment he announced it.
Yup.

And ultimately that is what Trump was aiming for with the "what about Biden' stuff.

He wanted some foreign country, any foreign country to ask Bill Barr to HELP in investigating Biden, so Bill would have the deniability to say 'I did not start this. I was asked to participate'.

that alone, regardless of outcome would have repeated by Trump every single day until the election if Joe was the candidate. 'Dirty Joe, being investigated by the DOJ and Ukraine or China'... 'Dirty Joe'.

Would Trump like for something to actually come of the investigations, yes, and would he be above getting Rudy to get all sorts of corrupt people to lie and frame Joe, heck no. But he knows the value of simply having the 'open investigation' and that was his goal here.

Bill Barr is as guilty as anyone knowing the intent and playing the game while trying to maintain the thinnest of deniability.

"Publicly announce an investigation"

That's what Trump wanted. This wasnt a sincere attempt to root out corruption. Surely this must be clear to anyone who puts the Constitution above any one person.

Sounds like he had a lot to say. No wonder they tried to stop him from testifying.

I wonder if his opening statement will be made public like Sondland's.

This is snowballing.

A mere week ago I thought this was going to be Trump Tower 2.0 where it didn't matter what seemed likely, none of it could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and Rudy would be Manafort 2.0 who went down while Trump was unaffected.

But as this goes on it looks more and more like this actually might be it.

Even Moscow Mitch disapproves of Trump using the word Lynching

Not preventing muslims from entering the country

Not separating kids from their parents at the border

Not the admission of Mulvaney regarding Quid Pro Quo

Not the obstructions of justice committed by Trump

Not wanting to host the G7 at a Trump hotel

Not (insert many more)

It was the use of the word "lynching" that brought Moscow Mitch to finally criticize Deficit Donny.

I think the GOP are finally turning against him.

This is snowballing.

A mere week ago I thought this was going to be Trump Tower 2.0 where it didn't matter what seemed likely, none of it could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and Rudy would be Manafort 2.0 who went down while Trump was unaffected.

But as this goes on it looks more and more like this actually might be it.
I have not been a vocal Trump critic and have been plenty disgusted by the Dems over the last, well forever, but this is a real issue, and if anyone cares about what powers the Executive deems fit use in contradiction with our established rules, this really isnt the country for you.

It's not so much about "punishing Trump". Its about preserving our system.

If President Trump loses the next election, here's what I see playing out...

President Trump resigns from the Presidency before his term is finished.
This allows V.P. Pence to assume the Presidency and pardon the then former President Trump of any and all crimes a-la President Ford pardoning President Nixon.

I'm no legal eagle, but I don't think that there were any backstops placed after this was done during Watergate. If I'm wrong about what I stated in this sentence, please let me know.

I hope I'm wrong about this because our ongoing experiment of Democracy would be a proven joke in the eyes of the world.

"Publicly announce an investigation"

That's what Trump wanted. This wasnt a sincere attempt to root out corruption. Surely this must be clear to anyone who puts the Constitution above any one person.

Well that should be obvious given the Trump didn't use the multi-billion dollar budgeted Department of Justice, but instead just his little personal lawyer.

Well that should be obvious given the Trump didn't use the multi-billion dollar budgeted Department of Justice, but instead just his little personal lawyer.
Dude that's Americas Mayor. How dare you

Now the lead US official in Ukraine is saying there was a QPQ.

<escalate99>

I can't find it but...

I saw the footage of the President's meeting yesterday with Mulvaney sitting in a corner trying to become invisible. Someone zoomed in on President Trumps' notes and a handwritten note (in sharpie no less) was "No Quid Pro Quo".

It was highlighted in yellow.

This allows V.P. Pence to assume the Presidency and pardon the then former President Trump of any and all crimes a-la President Ford pardoning President Nixon.

I'm no legal eagle, but I don't think that there were any backstops placed after this was done during Watergate. If I'm wrong about what I stated in this sentence, please let me know.

I hope I'm wrong about this because our ongoing experiment of Democracy would be a proven joke in the eyes of the world.

He still has NY state charges he’s not going to get out of unless Cuomo has a change of heart ($$$).

He still has NY state charges he’s not going to get out of unless Cuomo has a change of heart ($$$).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back