Trump-Ukraine Megathread V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is certainly getting interesting.

Bill Taylor just wrecked shop on the whole last flailing gasps of the "no quid pro quo" idiot brigade.

What's the next pivot?...the drama is just enthralling...

giphy.gif

READ: Top US diplomat to Ukraine's opening statement for impeachment inquiry

Top US diplomat in Ukraine Bill Taylor told lawmakers Tuesday that US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland told him that President Donald Trump had said he wanted Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to publicly state he would investigate Bursima and the 2016 election in order to provide the Ukrainians with a meeting and security assistance, according to a copy of Taylor's opening statement obtained by CNN.
Read the full statement here:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/22/po...nt-congress/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

So yeah, this is probably it lol.

NO QUID PRO QUO...lol.

US' top diplomat Taylor was told Trump wanted aid withheld until Ukraine said it would investigate Biden

"During that phone call, Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 US election," according to the testimony.

Sondland told Taylor he'd also made a mistake earlier by telling the Ukrainian officials that a White House meeting with Zelensky "was dependent on a public announcement of the investigations," Taylor said.

"In fact, Ambassador Sondland said, 'everything' was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance," Taylor testified.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/22/po...xt-messages/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Which scumbag do you believe here though?

This is like the time Trump said the NFL loves him when they spoke but the NFL said that never happened.

Scumbag Mitch might be the more honest one here.

This just in Trump pushed the door when it said pull, time to peach mints!!

What a gong show in the GOP. When's the last time we discussed policy from the Republican Party? It's all just been damage control and spin doctoring for as long as I can remember.

This is like the time Trump said the NFL loves him when they spoke but the NFL said that never happened.

McConnell is ruthless but he lives in a real world. Trump lives in another dimension.

Mitch can be a shitbag, but he's usually spinning, not just outright making shit up.

This is snowballing.

A mere week ago I thought this was going to be Trump Tower 2.0 where it didn't matter what seemed likely, none of it could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and Rudy would be Manafort 2.0 who went down while Trump was unaffected.

But as this goes on it looks more and more like this actually might be it.
They have to get this guy in open testimony asap. This needs to be heard before it becomes drowned in other news and loses impact.

Yeah the walls are finally closing in and it's about freaking time. The basket of deplorables are going to come to the rescue of Deficit Donny any second now...

Ready for the next dose of whataboutism or deflection from the right. I assume they’re awaiting to hear their talking points from Fox News or Breitbart right about now, which is why they’re quiet.

"Publicly announce an investigation"

That's what Trump wanted. This wasnt a sincere attempt to root out corruption. Surely this must be clear to anyone who puts the Constitution above any one person.
Deep State!

HILLARY EMAILS!

WHAT ABOUT BIDEN!!!!

Dammit, if none of those work, I got nothing.

30,000 e-mails by a Deep State operative who was placed there by a Muslim Kenyan homosexual drug user.

Mexicans! Rapists! Border wall!

No collusion.

If President Trump loses the next election, here's what I see playing out...

President Trump resigns from the Presidency before his term is finished.
This allows V.P. Pence to assume the Presidency and pardon the then former President Trump of any and all crimes a-la President Ford pardoning President Nixon.

I'm no legal eagle, but I don't think that there were any backstops placed after this was done during Watergate. If I'm wrong about what I stated in this sentence, please let me know.

I hope I'm wrong about this because our ongoing experiment of Democracy would be a proven joke in the eyes of the world.
I don't think a Dem POTUS or admin is a real danger to Trump if he loses or quits.

Politicians hate putting other politicians in prison and starting what could be a tit for tat later with the other party looking for their chance to do same.

I fully suspect that if Trump loses or quits the new Admin, Dem or Repub would say something like 'It is time for America to heal and move on and seeing a POTUS tried and jailed would just be too much for the Republic and a stain. Better to just move on and forget.' Maybe i am wrong, but I would be shocked if I am.

However SDNY might not stop without a Pardon being granted. That is the real threat IMO and not the Dem's.

Ready for the next dose of whataboutism or deflection from the right. I assume they’re awaiting to hear their talking points from Fox News or Breitbart right about now, which is why they’re quiet.
Deep State!

HILLARY EMAILS!

WHAT ABOUT BIDEN!!!!

Dammit, if none of those work, I got nothing.

honestly I think it'll be the deep state or globalist influence argument. You know, these things that don't actually exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back