Trump-Ukraine Megathread V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like a rollercoaster, and who doesn't like a thrill ride?
Except pussies

It's fun and I'm going to enjoy it as far as it goes.

'Cause the ride will end eventually.

Whether it's in 2020 (which I think is unlikely) or 2024, this ride will end and we will be back to Business-as-Usual in DC. And that will suck for those of us that love entertainment. :p

Trump cannot match Reagan in weirdness, in that regard. <{outtahere}>

I'm actually surprised he didn't say "Hmm....Reagan used a psychic and he ended up serving two terms. Maybe that will work for me" yet. <{Heymansnicker}>
Well, Reagan and Gorby ended Communist Russia. Tear down this wall.

At this point Trump couldn't do anything that would catch me too flat footed. I fully expect more FUBAR governing.

It's fun and I'm going to enjoy it as far as it goes.

'Cause the ride will end eventually.

Whether it's in 2020 (which I think is unlikely) or 2024, this ride will end and we will be back to Business-as-Usual in DC. And that will suck for those of us that love entertainment. :p
Every POTUS going forward:
Boooooooringggg

Well, Reagan and Gorby ended Communist Russia. Tear down this wall.

At this point Trump couldn't do anything that would catch me too flat footed. I fully expect more FUBAR governing.

Well.....he did basically force Mexico (at Gunpoint, figuratively-speaking) to enforce their own borders if they wanted to continue having Good trade with the U.S. (or something to that effect, I forgot how it went).

So that's something that caught ME flat footed 'cause I never expected Mexico to finally stop letting their country turn into a Highway for Illegals to pass through on their way here in the U.S.

Every POTUS going forward:
Boooooooringggg

Unless......and this is a wild idea.....Pence elects to run for President and picks Trump as his VP.

HOLY SHIT! The Left's (and some of the Right's) heads will explode if that actually happened. <45>

Pure fucking chaos.

I'm going to go with no

So....he says "At some point, we must move on to impeach" then immediately after that, he "begs" the President to reconsider his thoughts? <23>

Why the fuck should he do anything for the Dems if their attitude is and always have been "IMPEACH"?

I'd tell Al Green to go pound sand.

tenor.gif
That dude in the audience looked mad af lol

That dude in the audience looked mad af lol

Probably 'cause he was Shawn's target.

Maybe the guy was talking shit to him as he was coming down the ramp.

(or maybe he was a Plant and this was fake-as-fuck)

Probably 'cause he was Shawn's target.

Maybe the guy was talking shit to him as he was coming down the ramp.

(or maybe he was a Plant and this was fake-as-fuck)
It's real to me dammit!!

but her emailz is imbedded into the right wingers brains even though Trumps DOJ are the ones saying she did nothing wrong.

There are legit things that if singled out look 'bad', 'swampy', 'other'.

So the question is 'is that enough justification or reason to demand and push for an investigation'.

If Hillary announces she is running and end up against Trump or even Romney is it ok for them to call for an investigation into her emails again? It still looks wrong, despite being cleared. So they can just say they want a new investigation or a different take on it since it still looks bad to them.

The stupidest of voters fall into that trap. Yes 'but, BUT, it does look bad, so lets investigate' and could care less about what has been done prior. Heck they don't have the attention span to pay attention to what the findings were yesterday, let alone years ago when this was investigated and cleared prior.

So this becomes the best tool of any POTUS. Just call for, over and over again any investigation to any opponent over anything that looks wrong or swampy with the only justification needed being it looks 'wrong' or 'swampy'.

"Who is my top opponent now? Ok I want any file from the IRS, CIA, FBI, etc that may have ever been made about that person to see if we can re-investigate them".

it is a great way to rile up the most stupid of voters who will not look back and we saw it directly in the Hillary and Trump campaign. And as much as I hope Hillary never runs again I promise you if Trump or other was to raise the emails again if she did, a large percent of people would think an investigation was justifies and would defend it because they would again say 'ya but it does look wrong, so we should investigate'.

The Founders, very deliberately were trying to protect the election process from the dumbest of the voters by highlighting as the #1 and #2 impeachable offenses 'soliciting foreign investigations into a political opponent' or 2, 'using the institutions (FBI, CIA, IRS, etc) to investigate political opponents' as they could see how easy it would be for a corrupt POTUS to do so.

Trump has done both.

I am sure this has been posted already but it needs to be highlighted to answer the retarded Trumpster position that 'it looks swampy so why it needs to be investigated'.

The State Departments under both Tillerson and Pompeo and 3 years later.

My post is not about defending Hilary. I cannot stand her. But imagine she runs again (god please no) and Trump again says "i am having my gov't launch a new investigation into Hillary's emails because it looks stinky to me.'

Dumb Trumpsters would say 'yes it needs investigating', but the goal of the investigation is not to get a verdict that indicts her (that would be the bonus), ...the goal is simply to damage her campaign by clouding it with the allegation of wrong doing and hoping that hurts their election chances.

This is the exact same tactic being used for 'What about Biden'. How many times does the same issue need to be investigated? How many times is it fair to bring it back up. Yes we all know it looks swampy, so does that mean it can be brought up forever even if each investigation finds nothing.

You have to be stupid to accept that, or hopelessly partisan. Trump understands how the investigations hurt Hillary and he understand how it would hurt Biden. That is all he cares about. An actual finding of wrong doing would be a bonus but really that is not the point.

-----------

State Dept. Inquiry Into Clinton Emails Finds No Deliberate Mishandling of Classified Information

The report appears to bookend a controversy that dogged Mrs. Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.

A yearslong State Department investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private email server found that while the use of the system for official business increased the risk of compromising classified information, there was no systemic or deliberate mishandling of classified information.

The inquiry, started more than three years ago...

...The report was released this week by Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa, who began investigating Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server in 2017, when he served as the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
No mishandling because they were deleted lol

"In total, the report found 91 violations by 38 individuals, and another 497 violations
The review did not encompass a separate collection of emails that Clinton’s lawyers withheld from the State Department and that she later destroyed, saying they were private and did not pertain to government business — a determination that was not verified by State Department officials."

"According to the State Department, there were 2,093 email chains on the server that were retroactively marked as classified by the State Department as "Confidential," 65 as "Secret," and 22 as "Top Secret"

Either way I hope we can move on, it's a dead horse and a waste of time to go after a failed candidate. Unless something crazy and impactful comes out of course.

I'm going to go with no

Deficit Donny chose that word on purpose. Everyone talks about him using lynching and it takes the focus off all his Quid Pro Quo.
Basically it’s a distraction.
Trump is in panic tweet mode. The GOP bitch slapped him over Syria. His own administration admitting to Quid Pro Quo. Generals are roasting him, his lawyer has 3 clients arrested and was probably under surveillance for a while.
Also he is fat. Deficit Donny is having a bad couple weeks, hence the panic tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back