Trivia Question - Who was the UFC's first Asian Champ?

Oleg Taktarov comes to mind, if he is Asian then he would certainly be the first as he won the belt in UFC 6, but I don't know where he is from in Russia is considered to be Asian or European, I have no clue and I won't pretend to know or understand Russian geography, I just know some of it is in Europe and some of it in Asia.

Anderson Silva ...Blackanese

Are you talking born in Asia, or Asian decent? Penn, Machida, and Bendo all come first.

And if you’re taking born in asia....you’re still wrong. Thread no good.

Rin-Nakai.jpg

I consider Ryoto as Japanese as he is Brazilian. Drinking morning urine is a rising sun special.

Nice thinking outside the box.
Thing is it was a bit dodgy. Saku got beat but protested it as an early stoppage to which they made them rematch for the winner because Tank couldn't continue and then Saku won. If tourny winners back then are considered champs then officially its Saku. If its actual champs then it becomes interesting.

Are we talking which fighter has Asian ethnicity in them or one that represents a country inside Asia. If its the latter then its not Andre because Belarus is considered Eastern Europe. Its not Oleg because he is a tourny winner too. It would actually be Khabib because he is from Russia which is considered North Asia but the part of Russia he is from is considered Europe! So Khabib technically isn't either. Meaning Valentina is the first real Asian Champ.

If its the part of who has Asian in their background then we could say BJ Penn was the first UFC Champ. Its a good question but we need to define it first until we get the true answer.

thank Christ nobody tried to argue Robbie Lawler as the answer.

Thing is it was a bit dodgy. Saku got beat but protested it as an early stoppage to which they made them rematch for the winner because Tank couldn't continue and then Saku won. If tourny winners back then are considered champs then officially its Saku. If its actual champs then it becomes interesting.

Are we talking which fighter has Asian ethnicity in them or one that represents a country inside Asia. If its the latter then its not Andre because Belarus is considered Eastern Europe. Its not Oleg because he is a tourny winner too. It would actually be Khabib because he is from Russia which is considered North Asia but the part of Russia he is from is considered Europe! So Khabib technically isn't either. Meaning Valentina is the first real Asian Champ.

If its the part of who has Asian in their background then we could say BJ Penn was the first UFC Champ. Its a good question but we need to define it first until we get the true answer.
The correct answer is Valentina, but I love some of the creative alternative answers on here.

Oleg Taktarov comes to mind, if he is Asian then he would certainly be the first as he won the belt in UFC 6, but I don't know where he is from in Russia is considered to be Asian or European, I have no clue and I won't pretend to know or understand Russian geography, I just know some of it is in Europe and some of it in Asia.
So after looking into it, turns out he is from the European side.
is-russia-in-europe-or-asia.jpg

So after looking into it, turns out he is from the European side.
is-russia-in-europe-or-asia.jpg
Ahh nice, yeah Russia is such a large land mass that I have no clue where everything is and what continent the various cities belong too lol. So not Oleg then :D

Ahh nice, yeah Russia is such a large land mass that I have no clue where everything is and what continent the various cities belong too lol. So not Oleg then :D
Yeah also kind of off track but there are plenty places like Dagestan/Chechnya that consider themselves a Country. All over Russia because its so big. One place called Transnistria has its own currency and Army and still has statues of Stalin and Lenin.

Back