Crime 'Trapped': With self-isolation, advocates fear rise in domestic violence

I was thinking about that the other day. How awful would this be if you didn't get along with your wife? Or if you had badly behaved kids? Must be hell.
This is about mostly women being beaten up/murdered by their husbands.

Last edited:
Not surprised

As someone already mentioned, it's not the staying indoors necessarily that is causing violence but the fact that people are out of work, kids are out of school and at home all day, and you can't go out and socialize like you normally do.

For men, we have our work, sports, bars, and the gym to keep must of us mentally strong. For women, the gym, going to the hair/nail salon, having lunch with their girl friends to keep them mentally and emotionally strong. We have none of those things right now. With no distractions of any kind and people get a little stir crazy
It's probably abusive men that have more excuses to beat up their women now. If you can't handle two weeks of a very mild lockdown emotionally, you were probably a problem already.

In 2007, 2,340 deaths were caused by intimate partner violence—making up 14% of all homicides. 70% of these deaths were females and 30% were males.[65]
But haha, the wife is so annoying <Kpop775> Great sense of humor boys.

I'll say this as a middle school teacher, there are a lot of parents that are finding out the truth about their poorly behaved kids right now, and probably won't be taking the kids' sides over the teachers' anymore when school resumes. A couple I can think of right now where this extended isolation is like sweet justice and vengeance for the teachers who've had to deal with certain kids with no parental support...

This is about mostly women being beaten up/murdered by their husbands.

I'm sorry, are you pretending doing to give a shit right now? You're the guy that was cracking jokes about a kid getting pitched off a balcony like the day it happened right?

We’ve been having about one or two felony abuses a day out here in Maui County. And domestic abuse is a pretty typical thing out here, but it definitely increases around times of financial stress. I think the financial pressure is the biggest trigger.

yep, posted yesterday about a woman near me who got stabbed in the face while the kids watched

<6>

I'm sorry, are you pretending doing to give a shit right now? You're the guy that was cracking jokes about a kid getting pitched off a balcony like the day it happened right?
I didn’t say “well kids can get annoying haha imagine being stuck in the mall with an annoying child that’s gotta sting” or something, which is what a lot of people here are doing.

got the source about that guy saying he just wanted to kill white people yet? no?

<Kobe213>

I didn’t say “well kids can get annoying haha imagine being stuck in the mall with an annoying child that’s gotta sting” or something, which is what a lot of people here are doing.

No you joked about an actual kid being almost murdered. That actually happened. Not a hypothetical.

Also you are twisting what I said because you want to believe everyone is as evil as you. We aren't.

You're an aberration.

No you joked about an actual kid being almost murdered. That actually happened. Not a hypothetical.

Also you are twisting what I said because you want to believe everyone is as evil as you. We aren't.

You're an aberration.
And you’re all joking about women being actually murdered, meanwhile also sharing your actual thoughts on how women are annoying. You’re probably not joking either, come to think of it. You all have such a low view of women, you kind of understand why they get abused at home.

And you’re all joking about women being actually murdered, meanwhile also sharing your actual thoughts on how women are annoying. You’re probably not joking either, come to think of it. You all have such a low view of women, you kind of understand why they get abused at home.

Quote me joking about it.

I've never abused a woman including my wife. You're single, right?

No I'm sure it was just a coincidence that he picked a white kid.
you claimed more than once his statement said as much

so, just making shit up or are you ashamed to reveal where you read that? i couldn't find it

Quote me joking about it.

I've never abused a woman including my wife. You're single, right?
Your first comment was
I was thinking about that the other day. How awful would this be if you didn't get along with your wife? Or if you had badly behaved kids? Must be hell.
In a thread that’s about domestic abuse where mostly women get killed. Wait, that was a serious post?

you claimed more than once his statement said as much

so, just making shit up or are you ashamed to reveal where you read that? i couldn't find it

Quit the morale high ground shit. You joked about my wife having cancer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back