Opinion Guns rights and domestic violence protections collide at US Supreme Court

Have any evidence to back this up? Examples?

https://efsgv.org/press/study-two-thirds-of-mass-shootings-linked-to-domestic-violence/

Deadliest Mass Shooters Have A History of Domestic Violence - Bloomberg.com https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-mass-shootings-domestic-violence-connection/

"Now we can address the association between domestic violence and mass shootings:

• In almost 60% of mass shootings, an intimate partner and/or a family member are among the victims.
  • In about 9% of the remaining mass shootings, the perpetrator had a documented history of domestic violence.
  • Nearly half of the "additional" victims killed in these mass shootings were children and/or other family members of the abused intimate partner."
https://www.metrowestdailynews.com/...mass-shootings-domestic-violence/69814064007/

"Twelve of the twenty-five deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history have all occurred since 2012, with five of the top ten having occurred since 2015. Given the increased frequency and intensity of mass gun violence in recent years, this paper analyzes many of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history, dating from 1966 to 2018, in order to examine the motivations of the perpetrators and assess the role of mental illness in these attacks. An evaluation of the current epidemic of mass shootings is conducted under the sociological application of riot theory, and the author reveals a distinct pattern among mass shooters, with a significant portion having a history of either domestic violence or stalking. This paper offers several policy solutions to better target these demographics, and makes a case for restricting their access to firearms. The evidence supports the notion that, by targeting these specific demographics, the next mass attack may be preventable through prudent policy. This paper argues that policymakers should prioritize better enforcement of existing federal domestic violence laws, restrict firearm access to felon and misdemeanant-level stalkers, and ensure stronger state participation in updating the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s NICS Index.

Recommended Citation
Dunlap, Jacob Shawn (2019) "The Connection Between Mass Shootings and Domestic Violence," Pepperdine Policy Review: Vol. 11, Article 6.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.pepperdine.edu/ppr/vol11/iss1/6"

Well warning shots are illegal. Also we gotta deal with the system we have and if you are dead you won't get your day in court either way.

"In 2014, Florida Governor Rick Scott signed what is known as the “Warning Shot” bill into law. The warning shot bill allows for the defensive display of a weapon or firearm, including the discharge of a firearm for the purpose of a warning shot, without constituting as the use of deadly force."

"According to Alexander, her estranged husband, Rico Gray, accused her of having an affair and questioned whether their 9-day-old baby was his. She says she locked herself in the bathroom until he broke through the door and shoved her to the floor. She says she tried to escape through the garage but the door wouldn't open. She retrieved a gun from a car, went back inside and says she fired a 'warning shot' after Gray said he would kill her — an account backed by one of his sons. No one was injured."
. Her charges probably have something to with the part I bolded (plus I’d imagine other stuff)…

. Her charges probably have something to with the part I bolded (plus I’d imagine other stuff)…

Her husband corroborated her testimony that the garage door wouldn't open. They had a tumultuous relationship where both of them had run-ins with the law, but text messages confirmed he was the aggressor over all. Also:

"On September 26, 2013, an appellate court ordered a new trial, finding that the jury instructions in Alexander's trial impermissibly shifted the burden of proof from the prosecution to the defense.[9][10] Alexander was released on bail on November 27, 2013[11] and required to stay under house arrest.[12] Corey announced that she intended to re-prosecute Alexander, this time aiming for three consecutive 20 year sentences, amounting to a mandatory 60-year sentence if Alexander is found guilty in a second trial."

More like the DA was upset she rejected the plea and did character assassination in Court. They got the plea out of her the 2nd time around. Cost her 3 years of her life.

Her husband corroborated her testimony that the garage door wouldn't open. They had a tumultuous relationship where both of them had run-ins with the law, but text messages confirmed he was the aggressor over all. Also:

"On September 26, 2013, an appellate court ordered a new trial, finding that the jury instructions in Alexander's trial impermissibly shifted the burden of proof from the prosecution to the defense.[9][10] Alexander was released on bail on November 27, 2013[11] and required to stay under house arrest.[12] Corey announced that she intended to re-prosecute Alexander, this time aiming for three consecutive 20 year sentences, amounting to a mandatory 60-year sentence if Alexander is found guilty in a second trial."

More like the DA was upset she rejected the plea and did character assassination in Court. They got the plea out of her the 2nd time around. Cost her 3 years of her life.
<mma4>

I say let the domestic abusers keep their guns and then when they commit murder we can ask why was that person allowed to have a gun, they were mentally ill.

A restraining order is not a conviction and is likely to be issued ANY time any police involvement occurs within a relationship.

The usual protocol is if cops are called for a domestic dispute, SOMEONE, 99% of the time, the guy, is getting arrested.

So basically ANY accusation or even a misunderstanding or anyone with a vindictive attitude towards someone can make a phone call and have someone else's rights taken away with no due process.

And you are naive or retarded if you don't think that will happen and probably had happened already.

This is why most pro 2a people are not interested in ANY gun control, as time and time again the anti gun faction has abused the shit out of things like red flag laws making it clear as day that they do, in fact, wish to take guns away, in their quest for a world where only criminal and government have guns.

Just for comparison and interest, in Canada any and conjugal partners for the past 2 years need to approve your gun lisence

Just for comparison and interest, in Canada any and conjugal partners for the past 2 years need to approve your gun lisence
Just to own a gun at home?

and the maz magazine for a semiauto .22lr is 10. We have much different laws eh?
I can at least understand banning mags that hold more than 10 rounds even though I disagree with it.

A restraining order is not a conviction and is likely to be issued ANY time any police involvement occurs within a relationship.

The usual protocol is if cops are called for a domestic dispute, SOMEONE, 99% of the time, the guy, is getting arrested.

So basically ANY accusation or even a misunderstanding or anyone with a vindictive attitude towards someone can make a phone call and have someone else's rights taken away with no due process.

And you are naive or retarded if you don't think that will happen and probably had happened already.

This is why most pro 2a people are not interested in ANY gun control, as time and time again the anti gun faction has abused the shit out of things like red flag laws making it clear as day that they do, in fact, wish to take guns away, in their quest for a world where only criminal and government have guns.

Can you substantiate your claim that when Cops respond to a domestic dispute 99% of the time the male is getting arrested?

I can at least understand banning mags that hold more than 10 rounds even though I disagree with it.

yet I have a larger mag for my shotgun b/c its a pump action. Our magazine restrictions only apply to semiautos. Neat hey?

yet I have a larger mag for my shotgun b/c its a pump action. Our magazine restrictions only apply to semiautos. Neat hey?
Looks like the KSG is legal in Canada. Might as well get the longest one that can hold 41 rounds.

<21>

A man doesn't need a gun to kill his gf/wife, but a gf/wife may need a gun to defend themselves from being killed.

Can you substantiate your claim that when Cops respond to a domestic dispute 99% of the time the male is getting arrested?
No, it is a sweeping generalization and dramatization for effect. I thought that was pretty clear and that it would not be presumed that I am claiming that literally precisely 99% of arrests are men.

If i need to be completely literal, it is a fairly well known that US domestic violence calls to police are likely to result in arrest, as the "we need to DO SOMETHING" crowd has applied substantial pressure to the effect that action must be taken.
(Regardless of whether that action is going to improve the situation or if it is an accurate representation of what occurred.)

Sources:

Ninety percent of people who commit violent physical assault are men. Males perpetrate 95% of all serious domestic violence.

Source: U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics. Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics Online. http://www.albany.edu/sourcebook/

6. The U.S. Department of Justice estimates that 95% of reported assaults on spouses or ex-spouses are committed by men against women.

Source: Douglas, H. (1991). Assessing violent couples. Families in Society, 72 (9): 525-535

Back