Crime 'Trapped': With self-isolation, advocates fear rise in domestic violence

It wasn't a joke? Your first thoughts are sympathizing with those poor guys stuck inside with their wives? That's even worse.

My first thought was people who hate each other being stuck in a small space must be hell and I can see logically why that would lead to potential violence.

But haha, the wife is so annoying <Kpop775> Great sense of humor boys.

I certainly agree that I don't see it as a matter for joking. However, based on the stats you just posted, 30% of all victims murdered by significant others were men. That's a minority no doubt, but a sizable minority. Suggesting that it isn't about men is not supported by those stats. I know plenty about domestic violence, and I've helped my fair share of women suffering from it. But it is most certainly an issue that affects many men as well.

We have a harmonious household by and large, but things have been slightly more tense over the past few weeks. Even the dog is stressed. No pressing problems, just a result of cabin fever. I can only imagine how hellish being stuck home could be if your wife or your husband is a drunk or has a violent temper even in calmer times.

I certainly agree that I don't see it as a matter for joking. However, based on the stats you just posted, 30% of all victims murdered by significant others were men. That's a minority no doubt, but a sizable minority. Suggesting that it isn't about men is not supported by those stats. I know plenty about domestic violence, and I've helped my fair share of women suffering from it. But it is most certainly an issue that affects many men as well.

We have a harmonious household by and large, but things have been slightly more tense over the past few weeks. Even the dog is stressed. No pressing problems, just a result of cabin fever. I can only imagine how hellish being stuck home could be if your wife or your husband is a drunk or has a violent temper even in calmer times.
I'm not suggesting it isn't about man. Not sure why you interpreted that way. Take care of that cabin fever.

I'm not suggesting it isn't about man. Not sure why you interpreted that way. Take care of that cabin fever.

If you didn't mean it that way, then I think we agree. As usual. :)

The reason I interpreted it that way was because you posted a stat showing a breakdown by sex. Seems to me the key stat in a plea that the subject as a whole be taken seriously would be the total number of people abused. You know, to present the problem as a whole rather than divide it out into its parts. I'm under no illusion; I get that women suffer more than men do from this issue, and I'm not trying to say otherwise. But I do think a lot of people are under the illusion that very few men suffer from domestic abuse, and that is not true.

If you didn't mean it that way, then I think we agree. As usual. :)

The reason I interpreted it that way was because you posted a stat showing a breakdown by sex. Seems to me the key stat in a plea that the subject as a whole be taken seriously would be the total number of people abused. You know, to present the problem as a whole rather than divide it out into its parts. I'm under no illusion; I get that women suffer more than men do from this issue, and I'm not trying to say otherwise. But I do think a lot of people are under the illusion that very few men suffer from domestic abuse, and that is not true.
I think men are less likely to talk about it and might not be taken that seriously at the police station either.

This concept makes me so damn sad. I can't imagine feeling so trapped.

All it really exposes is that many people have lived a facade. A lifestyle full of pre-determined patterns and distractions. When the sand castles collapse, we find out what people really are.

Hey guys, Joke rules still apply for this like all things. Your joke has to be solid, and almost exclusively it'd have to make fun of the bad-guy of the scenario, not the victim. Rare exceptions if you're a comical genius.

Hey guys, Joke rules still apply for this like all things. Your joke has to be solid, and almost exclusively it'd have to make fun of the bad-guy of the scenario, not the victim. Rare exceptions if you're a comical genius.

Obligatory.

Your first comment was

In a thread that’s about domestic abuse where mostly women get killed. Wait, that was a serious post?

No one here condones murdering women. Go simp somewhere else.

Lol people who fear this don’t know human nature. If you’re on a boat dealing with rough weather, the husband is not gonna be beating the wife. They will all be thinking about living the next minute.

it’s complacency that causes conflict and abuse. That’s why starving people don’t starve themselves to death like in America, starving people don’t commit suicide either. Too busy trying to live.

social justice idiots are so out of touch with people and life in general

Back