Transhumanism/A.I will be the biggest ideological problem faced by Conservatives. Do or Die for them

psychics will actually have a job then since wifi mind reading might actually be a thing. it would also be the death of talking out loud. we would be sending thoughts like texts way faster brain to brain. this was somewhat described in the scifi novel 'old man's war'

I recall hearing some presenter at a tech conference talking about how they were developing a device that could actually read and translate thoughts from peoples brain waves.

Now that would suck if they could literally police peoples thoughts.

I recall hearing some presenter at a tech conference talking about how they were developing a device that could actually read and translate thoughts from peoples brain waves.

Now that would suck if they could literally police peoples thoughts.

maybe later generations will know better but to me it seems like too much. that we are willingly giving up our humanity to become something else. something that us humans think is good but can never be truly sure of. its one thing if its a natural evolutionary step but something else if we are the ones purposely doing it.

You could be right about the loss of free will. I see that as quite likely.

I think there is value in asking if these things are good or bad though, since it affects how much it is embraced, resisted, questioned, criticized, etc and at what pace.
Lessening the pace of an exponentially increasing process doesn't really do anything. It's completely out of anyone's power to even slow it down, let alone dictate what is and isn't allowed to come of it.

maybe later generations will know better but to me it seems like too much. that we are willingly giving up our humanity to become something else. something that us humans think is good but can never be truly sure of. its one thing if its a natural evolutionary step but something else if we are the ones purposely doing it.
You don't have a choice.

You guys need to go outside and get some sun.

What if said AI identifies as a human?

Lol, oh boy, here we go, equality for AI robots who feel like they're a male robot trapped in a female robots body.

And it doesn't matter if it identifies as a human it's a robot run by computers.

AI can never be a real human being

I know people are freaking about about LGBT,Muslims,BLM....but don't worry soon enough the biggest "threat" to mankind will happen...Transhumanism/A.I

This will challenge the Rights biggest ideas...God,Right of body, and Identification.

We are gonna evolve ourselves which challenges the idea of God.

We are gonna chose what to do with our bodies.

We are gonna choose how to identify ourselves, no longer just by Male/Female....We will be technological pieces.

We will have the right wing crying on how immoral it is for people to modify themselves...How dangerous it is for somebody to modify themselves.....etc.

Not to mention A.I. will challenge the Right as well. In fact their is a theory that it might cause a nuclear war because people on the right and left will disagree over if AI should exist.

This is literally do or die for the religious Conservatives....Once Transhumanism/A.I. happen, the idea of god will take a deep hit...The idea of religious morals will take a huge hit. It will literally change everything. Conservatives fear that, they fear the change.

Conservatives are the biggest threat to progress. I hope you people on the right, don't attack the real technological progress that is coming.

Singularity is inevitable...Prepare your Angus and accept the future.

lol

What if said God AI decided to create a biological version of itself (a 'son') to better understand its flesh-bag ancestors?

Think I read a sci fi book about it once.

I don't get what you mean. Like if a robot cloned a human being. Then that would be a human being.

Lol, oh boy, here we go, equality for AI robots who feel like they're a male robot trapped in a female robots body.

And it doesn't matter if it identifies as a human it's a robot run by computers.

If you truly feel that an AI can not be a human being, then you're going to force them make you think they're human beings.

Give them rights or make them take their rights.. Easy way or the hard way, but they will get rights. What happens to them is not up to us. What happens to us is up to them.

a girl can never have a Y chromosome - so, technically no female can ever be a real guy.

flip the robotics around, what if your cognitive brain function was in a robotics frame. would you be human or android?

It's amazing that in 2016 people are still falling for the devil's lie. I hate to break it to you guys but your dream of being gods of your existence will never happen. Why? Because you are not gods.

i didnt say it killed anyone in reality - i am saying AI Drone used algorithm that targeted civilians based of false positives and the Obama admin did ok the usage of that technology which goes back to the letter for the future of life respondents signed against the usage of such technology

sorry if my wording confused you.

DISHONEST JUDOTHROWFIASCO!

You can't TRUMP YOURSELF out of this situation. All anyone has to do is scroll up to see you be WRONG!

YOUR DIRECT QUOTE:

Also on that, here is an article about how autonomous drones using a new algorithm to target terrorist has ended up killing more civilians than targets - oh, yeah, it was okayed by a leftist president - Obama:

Please cease and desist. I can no longer deal with your IQ.

DISHONEST JUDOTHROWFIASCO!

You can't TRUMP YOURSELF out of this situation. All anyone has to do is scroll up to see you be WRONG!

YOUR DIRECT QUOTE:

Please cease and desist. I can no longer deal with your IQ.

and i said sorry if my wording conveyed a mixed message....

I dont think i clearly understand your point here.

Are you trying to say AI would adapt to individual freedoms and accept humanity and not see it/ its history, its influence on the environment and not see us as its greatest potential threat?

uggh i am not sure what about this has you so quizzical? Current maxium process level is around 93 PFLOPS and current storage capabilities already in the petabytes - so, i mean, that is pretty amazing processing and KB capability - and if you look at Moore's law - that ability doubles on average of every 18 months.

Well the evidence is with AGI - in which AI uses environmental cues to develop its cognition. So why is it inconceivable that an intelligence surrounded by creationist, wouldnt believe it was a product of creationism or intelligent design?
I've had this conversation several times with people on this board, and honestly while its an interesting one I'd rather just link you to this article: https://www.edge.org/conversation/jaron_lanier-the-myth-of-ai

Listen to Jaron Lanier and read the actual experts who comment on it guys. There is almost zero cause for concern with regards to AI, though the current religious fervour it seems to provoke is disturbing. I am a thousand times more worried by corporations manipulating big data than the terminator blowing me up.

thats why i said oppose aspects of AI theory

which is different than transhumanism / transcendences- however, ASU developed drones capable of being controlled by brainwaves

as well as the recent concerns of AI turning racist with Tay experiment

Microsoft 'deeply sorry' for racist and sexist tweets by AI chatbot

- i think both the Left and Right have concerns of the moral and social backlash of creating an artificial life capable of surpassing human need.

But i dont think you really wanted a discussion on this as much as you just want to continue your liberal schtick of attacking the right, without thinking about what you are typing.

Also, i'm a conservative who works in the robotics field -- so you may not want to use absolutes in your diatribes.

But it doesn't seem they oppose A.I as whole....It's not an ideological issue, it's more of concerns we should tread carefully.

My argument is about the Conservatives. They will indeed be against AI on an ideological level, and be against transhumanism.

Also Transhumanism will make us more like machines thus they will make us more similar to A.I, it evens the playing field or so in theory. Since we will be able to calculate like machines.

But it doesn't seem they oppose A.I as whole....It's not an ideological issue, it's more of concerns we should tread carefully.

My argument is about the Conservatives. They will indeed be against AI on an ideological level, and be against transhumanism.

Also Transhumanism will make us more like machines thus they will make us more similar to A.I.
You don't even know what Conservatism means.

If you truly feel that an AI can not be a human being, then you're going to force them make you think they're human beings.

Give them rights or make them take their rights.. Easy way or the hard way, but they will get rights. What happens to them is not up to us. What happens to us is up to them.

But they're robots run by computers.

How is that a human being. It's programmed to think a certain way

a girl can never have a Y chromosome - so, technically no female can ever be a real guy.

flip the robotics around, what if your cognitive brain function was in a robotics frame. would you be human or android?

Yeah but at least a girl wanting to be a man is a human being.

That part is out of the way.

If my brain was in a robot body I would be a Cyborg.

There is a name for that already.

A robot can never be a human being. Becaus they're a robot

In the movie Ex Machina that chick was a robot no matter how human she acted. She was legit a computer not a human

Don't worry...They will come out in horror, once cloning,AI,Transhumanism, etc come out.
Conservatism is simply the philosophy of reality and moderation. It argues in favour of gradual progress, while guarding against the very real pitfalls of idealism and suicide.

Back