Transhumanism/A.I will be the biggest ideological problem faced by Conservatives. Do or Die for them

This is literally do or die for the religious Conservatives....Once Transhumanism/A.I. happen, the idea of god will take a deep hit...The idea of religious morals will take a huge hit. It will literally change everything. Conservatives fear that, they fear the change.

Conservatives are the biggest threat to progress. I hope you people on the right, don't attack the real technological progress that is coming.

Singularity is inevitable...Prepare your Angus and accept the future.
Conservatism will still exist, well after humanity no longer relies on religion. We're so used to the American political spectrum with religious Republicans that one ignores the fact conservative factions exist in secular, atheist governments too. The American right wing is already distancing itself from evangelicals as they realize their interests dont align.

Its also inevitable that the very notion of self and identity is challenged as we eventually become a global [universal?] consciousness. If our genetic code is determined by patterns of nitrogen compounds within a helix and our thoughts and memories are determined by electrical impulses in our synapses, then it is a foregone conclusion that we can model and recreate that. The very idea of a "being" will just be information- infinitely duplicatable, modifiable, and transportable- even transmitted to the beyond our galaxy.

What is a person then?

By the time we build a Dyson sphere, we will no longer think of people as discrete individual units but instances in a grander program.

Conservatism will still exist, well after humanity no longer relies on religion. We're so used to the American political spectrum with religious Republicans that one ignores the fact conservative factions exist in secular, atheist governments too. The American right wing is already distancing itself from evangelicals as they realize their interests dont align.

Its also inevitable that the very notion of self and identity is challenged as we eventually become a global [universal?] consciousness. If our genetic code is determined by patterns of nitrogen compounds within a helix and our thoughts and memories are determined by electrical impulses in our synapses, then it is a foregone conclusion that we can model and recreate that. The very idea of a "being" will just be information- infinitely duplicatable, modifiable, and transportable- even transmitted to the beyond our galaxy.

What is a person then?

By the time we build a Dyson sphere, we will no longer think of people as discrete individual units but instances in a grander program.
What exactly is the point of any of that though?

Conservatism is simply the philosophy of reality and moderation. It argues in favour of gradual progress, while guarding against the very real pitfalls of idealism and suicide.

Maybe some conservatives do think that but lets be honest a lot of conservatives would flat out be against trans humanism, cloning, AI.

There would be a lot of people just out right against it for religious purposes.

If you truly feel that an AI can not be a human being, then you're going to force them make you think they're human beings.

Give them rights or make them take their rights.. Easy way or the hard way, but they will get rights. What happens to them is not up to us. What happens to us is up to them.

What do you mean what happen to us is up to them?

You making it sound as if AI will be much better than us. I don't believe this at all.

Trans Humanism will make us more machine thus AI will not be superior than us.

I feel we will eventually become one...We will see the evolution of AI as our own evolution...AI will see the evolution of humans are their own as well. We will Co-Exist and thrive.

Maybe some conservatives do think that but lets be honest a lot of conservatives would flat out be against trans humanism, cloning, AI.

There would be a lot of people just out right against it for religious purposes.
Conservatives may well caution against it but once it is demonstrated to be a successful tool in the pursuit of happiness/knowledge they would welcome it just like everyone else.

Religion has nothing strictly to do with conservatism as an ideology. I could quite easily posit a position that you are demonstrating some rather devout religiosity in this very thread.

Conservatives may well caution against it but once it is demonstrated to be a successful tool in the pursuit of happiness/knowledge they would welcome it just like everyone else.

Religion has nothing strictly to do with conservatism as an ideology. I could quite easily posit a position that you are demonstrating some rather devout religiosity in this very thread.

I think a vast majority of conservatives are religions. This is why I bring up religion.

Yes that will also be a problem, people wanting AI/Transhumanism so much that it will seem as a religion.

I think a vast majority of conservatives are religions. This is why I bring up religion.

Yes that will also be a problem, people wanting AI/Transhumanism so much that it will seem as a religion.
I would say the vast, vast majority of people are 'religious' to some degree. Marxism is particularly popular these days

What exactly is the point of any of that though?
march of technological progress. It cant be stopped and that is the end game to reach Type 3 civilization.

To give a more digestable example- all the economists and forecasts are predicting a mass disruption of human workforce due to robotics and AI. It is going to destroy more jobs than any innovation in human history. Everyone is preparing for the worst, yet we can't stop it. In the short term, there will be displacement of millions of people who are rendered obsolete in the work force.

But technology marches on, because those with capital can exploit it.

Can't wait till there's robots, clones, and aliens to stick my dick into.

article-2178136-1430E002000005DC-843_306x423.jpg

23-robot-paintings-by-hajime-sorayama.jpg

images

images

march of technological progress. It cant be stopped and that is the end game to reach Type 3 civilization.

To give a more digestable example- all the economists and forecasts are predicting a mass disruption of human workforce due to robotics and AI. It is going to destroy more jobs than any innovation in human history. Everyone is preparing for the worst, yet we can't stop it. In the short term, there will be displacement of millions of people who are rendered obsolete in the work force.

But technology marches on, because those with capital can exploit it.
Yes, individuals benefit from exploitation. But who benefits from your end-goal?

There is indeed a march of technological progress, but it follows a very distinct pattern of human advancement.

Yes, individuals benefit from exploitation. But who benefits from your end-goal?

There is indeed a march of technological progress, but it follows a very distinct pattern of human advancement.
at each incremental step there is better utilization of energy and then ability to project that power for useful means.

We won't map/code human consciousness with this as the objective, but it will be the inevitable outcome once you let the genie out of the bottle.

and it will be the only way we effectively colonize the stars. Our fleshy shells will be regarded as hindrances to this necessary goal.

But it doesn't seem they oppose A.I as whole....It's not an ideological issue, it's more of concerns we should tread carefully.

My argument is about the Conservatives. They will indeed be against AI on an ideological level, and be against transhumanism.

Also Transhumanism will make us more like machines thus they will make us more similar to A.I, it evens the playing field or so in theory. Since we will be able to calculate like machines.

Can you show any polling, survey or data that supports your claim

at each incremental step there is better utilization of energy and then ability to project that power for useful means.

We won't map/code human consciousness with this as the objective, but it will be the inevitable outcome once you let the genie out of the bottle.
You still haven't illustrated as to why though. Theoretically we could already be exploring the outer reaches of our system with manned space-craft, but we have delegated our resources elsewhere.

Can you show any polling, survey or data that supports your claim

Nope I can't. I don't have the resources to do such a poll.

But being a knowledgeable human being, I know the Conservative religion sectors of the world will be against AI,Transhumanism,cloning.

You still haven't illustrated as to why though. Theoretically we could already be exploring the outer reaches of our system with manned space-craft, but we have delegated our resources elsewhere.
do you agree that we will eventually "digitize" consciousness? Once that happens, humanity will have a fundamental shift in how it views itself in the world.

We arent directly trying to make ourselves obsolete. These technologies manifest because that is the nature of our exponentially advancing knowledge expressing itself.

this thread is stupid. Conservatives own a lot of big corporations, and AI is the answer to paying nobody to do hard labor. So if AI is ever in the market all you minimum wage workers and part timers are fucked LOL.

Back