Transhumanism/A.I will be the biggest ideological problem faced by Conservatives. Do or Die for them

Leroy Jenkins

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know people are freaking about about LGBT,Muslims,BLM....but don't worry soon enough the biggest "threat" to mankind will happen...Transhumanism/A.I

This will challenge the Rights biggest ideas...God,Right of body, and Identification.

We are gonna evolve ourselves which challenges the idea of God.

We are gonna chose what to do with our bodies.

We are gonna choose how to identify ourselves, no longer just by Male/Female....We will be technological pieces.

We will have the right wing crying on how immoral it is for people to modify themselves...How dangerous it is for somebody to modify themselves.....etc.

Not to mention A.I. will challenge the Right as well. In fact their is a theory that it might cause a nuclear war because people on the right and left will disagree over if AI should exist.

This is literally do or die for the religious Conservatives....Once Transhumanism/A.I. happen, the idea of god will take a deep hit...The idea of religious morals will take a huge hit. It will literally change everything. Conservatives fear that, they fear the change.

Conservatives are the biggest threat to progress. I hope you people on the right, don't attack the real technological progress that is coming.

Singularity is inevitable...Prepare your Angus and accept the future.

Last edited:
you have prominent academics / fellows on the left who openly oppose transcendence and certain aspects of AI theory.

I largely agree. Transhumanism is good and shouldnt be opposed by any sane person who wants the best for humanity. The religious nuts and those who preach in favor of smaller systems and keeping religion in schools/forcing religion on people are the real threat.

Global unity is not a bad thing.

Who? and why?

I'm curious

here are all the fellows who openly concerned about AI due to milaitry usage possibilities

http://futureoflife.org/awos-signatories/ s

Also on that, here is an article about how autonomous drones using a new algorithm to target terrorist has ended up killing more civilians than targets - oh, yeah, it was okayed by a leftist president - Obama:

Has a rampaging AI algorithm really killed thousands in Pakistan?

beyond that, Musk, Hawking, Wozniak, Gates and about a 100 others have warned about the social damages that it could cause:

The ethical dilemma of bestowing moral responsibilities on robots calls for rigorous safety and preventative measures that are fail-safe, or the threats are too significant to risk.

Elon Musk called the prospect of artificial intelligence “our greatest existential threat” in a 2014 interview with MIT students at the AeroAstro Centennial Symposium. “I’m increasingly inclined to think that there should be some regulatory oversight, maybe at the national and international level, just to make sure that we don’t do something very foolish.” Mr. Musk cites his decision to invest in the Artificial Intelligence firm, DeepMind, as a means to “just keep an eye on what’s going on with artificial intelligence. I think there is potentially a dangerous outcome there.”

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates has also expressed concerns about Artificial Intelligence. During a Q&A session on Reddit in January 2015, Mr. Gates said, “I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence. First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don’t understand why some people are not concerned.”

The threats enumerated by Hawking, Musk, and Gates are real and worthy of our immediate attention, despite the immense benefits artificial intelligence can potentially bring to humanity. As robot technology increases steadily toward the advancements necessary to facilitate widespread implementation, it is becoming clear that robots are going to be in situations that pose a number of courses of action. The ethical dilemma of bestowing moral responsibilities on robots calls for rigorous safety and preventative measures that are fail-safe, or the threats are too significant to risk.

http://observer.com/2015/08/stephen...ill-gates-warn-about-artificial-intelligence/

I don't see how this is a right/left issue. It.. Transcends it.

I largely agree. Transhumanism is good and shouldnt be opposed by any sane person who wants the best for humanity. The religious nuts and those who preach in favor of smaller systems and keeping religion in schools/forcing religion on people are the real threat.

Global unity is not a bad thing.

The logic conclusion of that process is the replacement of humans by machines. How is that good for humanity? Unless it is just good for the small number of humans that may end up controlling the system of machines.

The logic conclusion of that process is the replacement of humans by machines. How is that good for humanity? Unless it is just good for the small number of humans that may end up controlling the system of machines.

There should be a limit to transhumanism. And even if we are replaced by machines so what? The religious want this since it means the end of times and atheists shouldn't care since it's just a process. I don't want it to happen but I think gene engineer therapy, stem cell research and similar stuff is very good for humanity. And it is only the religious who oppose such things.

here are all the fellows who openly concerned about AI due to milaitry usage possibilities

http://futureoflife.org/awos-signatories/ s

Also on that, here is an article about how autonomous drones using a new algorithm to target terrorist has ended up killing more civilians than targets - oh, yeah, it was okayed by a leftist president - Obama:

Has a rampaging AI algorithm really killed thousands in Pakistan?

beyond that, Musk, Hawking, Wozniak, Gates and about a 100 others have warned about the social damages that it could cause:

http://observer.com/2015/08/stephen...ill-gates-warn-about-artificial-intelligence/

They have valid concerns but I don't think they out right oppose it, at least no yet.

There should be a limit to transhumanism. And even if we are replaced by machines so what? The religious want this since it means the end of times and atheists shouldn't care since it's just a process. I don't want it to happen but I think gene engineer therapy, stem cell research and similar stuff is very good for humanity. And it is only the religious who oppose such things.

Limits will never last even if they are put in place IMO, but it's probably a good idea. There will always be pressure to keep pushing those limits, sort of like an arms race.

Gene therapy and that sort of thing for sure has a lot of potential for humanity health wise. Advances in genetic engineering could lead to all sorts of abominations though too :eek:

I can't wait, and I'm a bit rightish.

Gonna evolve right past the need to have to hear your stupid opinions. Auto-tune you right out.

They have valid concerns but I don't think they out right oppose it, at least no yet.

thats why i said oppose aspects of AI theory

which is different than transhumanism / transcendences- however, ASU developed drones capable of being controlled by brainwaves

as well as the recent concerns of AI turning racist with Tay experiment

Microsoft 'deeply sorry' for racist and sexist tweets by AI chatbot

- i think both the Left and Right have concerns of the moral and social backlash of creating an artificial life capable of surpassing human need.

But i dont think you really wanted a discussion on this as much as you just want to continue your liberal schtick of attacking the right, without thinking about what you are typing.

Also, i'm a conservative who works in the robotics field -- so you may not want to use absolutes in your diatribes.

I can't wait, and I'm a bit rightish.

Gonna evolve right past the need to have to hear your stupid opinions. Auto-tune you right out.

What if it leads to a collective consciousness?

Just imagine, a direct communication line into the mind numbing twitter-verse for all of eternity!

Must go along to get along..

There are many threats involved with transhumanism. Of course many possibilities as well.

In terms of threats, imagine someone like Stalin never dying. You could have a nation of people under the grip of a madman for centuries.

But also you could have someone like Einstein around for 1000 years.

Death is the great equalizer. Getting rid of it fundamentally changes the planet. Over population is an obvious problem.

Change will occur much slower without new youth coming up and the old dying. Imagine if people who owned slaves in the 1700's were still around teaching in colleges lol. Situations like this will happen for sure. Filth will stick around as well as good.

This isn't a right or left issue. It's a very dangerous issue we all need to look at carefully.

And at some point, we will not be human at all. We need to decide what to do with natural people. They will be looked at like cattle. Ignorant animals. Should we leave on reservations? Force them to ascend?

For awhile, the planet will be a paradise. Humans will create vr, creating thousands of different realities to exist in. Physically we will be gods. But eventually we will become so intelligent earthly desires won't be needed. A computer has no desire for sex or power. So we could end up in a sort of nirvana state. Not high or low. Just existing. Forever.

Last edited:

Just imagine, a direct communication line into the mind numbing twitter-verse for all of eternity!

Just overload my brain, at that point.

In all seriousness, I'm not really worried. Hackers will break that, and people like be free. When you work in tech, you understand there is no one way to do anything. There is always a workaround.

Sounds like the Borg.

In all seriousness, I'm not really worried. Hackers will break that, and people like be free. When you work in tech, you understand there is no full-safe way to do anything. There is always a workaround.
thats why i said oppose aspects of AI theory

which is different than transhumanism / transcendences- however, ASU developed drones capable of being controlled by brainwaves

as well as the recent concerns of AI turning racist with Tay experiment

Microsoft 'deeply sorry' for racist and sexist tweets by AI chatbot

- i think both the Left and Right have concerns of the moral and social backlash of creating an artificial life capable of surpassing human need.

But i dont think you really wanted a discussion on this as much as you just want to continue your liberal schtick of attacking the right, without thinking about what you are typing.

Also, i'm a conservative who works in the robotics field -- so you may not want to use absolutes in your diatribes.
The AI wasn't really an AI. It took in what others were saying, and based its "opinions" around that. 4chan knew that, and fed it a constant diet of garbage.

In all seriousness, I'm not really worried. Hackers will break that, and people like be free. When you work in tech, you understand there is no full-safe way to do anything. There is always a workaround.

True, I think there will be a flourishing underground for those rebels wanting to use the tech but not buy into the system.

I think each generation will establish its norms and adopt changes one at a time, and we won't ever have this big existential crisis. The real divide will be between poor and wealthy nations as the disparity in the human condition grows. Very few westerners will be pining for the noble low tech life of an African.

Most conservatives I know support the right of individuals to do what they please with their bodies, as long as they don't hurt or infringe on anyone else's rights. I don't think you even know any conservatives.

You have this really biased, exaggerated view of all conservatives as radical, medieval, Christian warmongers.

You're exactly the same as the "crazy conservative" guy who says "all liberals are gay, communist, muslim, pedophiles who support NAMBLA."

Back