International Conservatives has bigger fear center then liberals study finds

Fear isn't a inherently a bad thing. If you care about your family, it's understandable to be fearful of various threats or troubling circumstances

Issue #1 here is that the amygdala is implicated in emotional processing in general, all emotions. The journalist's assertion that it's the "fear center of the brain" is pop science; it's a lot more than that. If you look at the study, the authors don't state that conservatives are the way they are because they're fearful or anything like that, but that there's a link between brain structures and political affiliation. It's the journalist that's using deceptive wording to paint a negative picture. The amygdala has been extensively studied in regards to fear processing because it has clinical implications, e.g. anxiety disorders, depression, PTSD, etc, which is probably why lay people tend to associate the structure with it. Scientists have rarely done research on the positive emotional states related to it.

There have been cases of people who suffered damage to their amygdalas, which can be used to infer what the structure might do. Researchers observed a few things about the behaviour of these patients. They were overly aggressive and sexual, they routinely put themselves in very dangerous situations without a care despite having normal intelligence levels, they had excessive trust towards other people, they had oral tendencies (putting stuff in their mouths...) and they displayed very little emotion. They also had great difficulty reading the facial expressions of others (they couldn't identify joy, fear, etc) and rarely looked into the eyes of other people. You're looking at a general handicap in terms of emotional processing, appropriate behaviour in terms of aggression and sexuality, and survival (inability to recognize threats). If someone had a bigger amygdala, if anything they might be more "switched on," like the opposite of an autist, someone that's more aware of the emotional states of others and their environment in general.

Last edited:
Hahaha, if you thought that was scary you must be a frequent panty wetter lmao
The intention of the film was to scare, that doesn't mean It was scary nor a horror movie.

You need to come to terms that leftists have a "fear circle" as wide as their shame caves.

Quit he tough guy act. We all know you're a puss boi.

The intention of the film was to scare, that doesn't mean It was scary nor a horror movie.

You need to come to terms that leftists have a "fear circle" as wide as their shame caves.

Quit he tough guy act. We all know you're a puss boi.

The intention of the film was to lol and lmao at the media and their relationship with science, ya great blubbering vag lol

The intention of the film was to lol and lmao at the media and their relationship with science, ya great blubbering vag lol
Lol, tell me you googled the movie without telling me you googled the movie.

Wonderful analysis, Einstein. Refer to my other post where I predicted you would sidestep the whole "existential crisis" bit In favor of the more comedic/unseen elements.

The movie is about the world ending. There is no getting around that fact.

Lol, tell me you googled the movie without telling me you googled the movie.

Wonderful analysis, Einstein. Refer to my other post where I predicted you would sidestep the whole "existential crisis" bit In favor of the more comedic/unseen elements.

The movie is about the world ending. There is no getting around that fact.

You're projecting here brother. I absolutely don't believe you that you watched it and were scared. Nobody is that big of a pussy. You were informed of your opinion by hyperbolic bullshit.

You are lying to me.

You're projecting here brother. I absolutely don't believe you that you watched it and were scared. Nobody is that big of a pussy. You were informed of your opinion by hyperbolic bullshit.

You are lying to me.
{<doc}

Anyways, concession accepted.

{<doc}

Anyway, in all seriousness give it a go!

It's a mildly amusing satirical romp, not 1984 or classic War of the Worlds.

It's a cute little film, you won't mind it :)

You are lying to me.

{<doc}

That film was so bad I turned it off. Typical Netflix crap. (Netflix ruining cinema should scare everyone.)

Reading this thread, seems like the idea of fear as a trait intrinsic to them is irritating to conservatives and angers many of them. Thus, this thread may actually be more interesting than the study.

I want to go on a fishing trip to Wyoming one day. It's supposed to be one of a kind.

Tetons. ☺️ Going camping up there for a weekend with my cousins is one of my fondest memories. And then we spent five days in Yellowstone, which is so close by - yet so radically different - that the two are practically interconnected by a short stretch of highway. Northwest Wyoming is hands down one of the most beautiful, extraordinary, and unique locations on the entire planet. GO THERE.

grandteton.jpg

I piss and shit myself about trans people and migrant caravans 24/7 my amygdala is one of the biggest and best more and more people are saying this

Yea, you didn't watch it.

I've just Googled "Don't Look Up" and the word "terrifying" to see where you could possibly have got your obviously second hand opinion from, but I really can't find a relevant source.

I'm going to conclude you got it from memes lol

Shouldn't be surprising and they didn't say one caused the other, only that there's a correlation. The thing is, I don't know why it matters. It's not going to make anyone change their political preferences and it's not going to change the need to find mutually satisfying solutions.

I've just Googled "Don't Look Up" and the word "terrifying" to see where you could possibly have got your obviously second hand opinion from, but I really can't find a relevant source.

I'm going to conclude you got it from memes lol
This is so hard to watch.

This is so hard to watch.

Good on you for giving it a go though!

I told you it's not very good.

Let me know what you think if you get through the whole thing :)

Back