Media Top 5 wrestlers in UFC history according to Ben Askren

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
He only put Khabib first because he wants to fight him.

There have been obviously better credentialed wrestlers, my list
1a.GSP - takes everyone down
1b.Jones - takes everyone down
2.Weidman - takes everyone down
3.Edgar - takes everyone down minus aldo who has the best TDD ever
4.Cormier - takes everyone down
5.Cruz - takes everyone down
6.Hughes - takes everyone down minus BJ who HAD the best TDD
gsp was out wrestled by hendricks.

lol very far off.

GOAT

Dh1qKz4X4AAm-zZ.jpg

dan-severn-belt_cropped.jpg

I give him credit for putting GSP on the list. Most wrestlers get butthurt from the success he was able to have with MMA wrestling without a traditional wrestling background.

DC's wrestling looked kind of shitty vs. Jones and Gustafsson.

Frankie Edgar couldn't take Jose Aldo down at all, got outwrestled by Gray Maynard in there first fight.

I'd say add Couture and Sonnen to the list

Edgar has the record for most takedowns landed on Aldo in a single fight....

How can you have Frankie and not Olympic Gold medalist Cejudo? Taking down prime Mighty Mouse at will>getting stuffed by Cub.

<3 GOAT too <3

RemarkableEvenDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

Not going to lie, I was in tears when Freddie died. I was lucky enough to see him and Queen in concert back in the day.

I'm actually seeing Queen again with Adam Lambert here in Toronto this summer. Will be nice nostalgia. Took my kid to see AC DC and Guns & Roses over the last few years. She had a blast. She is a big Queen fan as well.

Cejudo
Lesnar
Koscheck
Rousey
Cormier
Hughes
Askren
Lindland
McMann
Romero
Sherk
Khabib
Hendo

But if I'm being perfectly honest, Mark fucking Schultz.
Why did you omit the best one of them all? The one who wrestlefucked multiple guys on this list.....

This isn't his list of the best wrestlers in the UFC, it is "the best wrestling for MMA" in the UFC. That list will be a little different than outright best wrestlers period.

Why did you omit the best one of them all? The one who wrestlefucked multiple guys on this list.....
16 is too many names and most of them are olympic or NCAA level elite wrestlers/grapplers.
I'd cede replacing Sherk with GSP in that list, but how no one has mentioned Mark Schultz is a far more egregious omission than GSP.

Pretty bad list, I'm surprised. It's weird that he gives Hughes a nod when Koscheck fought during that same time and was clearly much better.
Frankie? Love Frankie but lol no

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Khabib
4. DC
5. Cejudo

Back