1- Khabib
2- GSP
3- Cormier
4- Frankie Edgar
5- Matt Hughes

1 should be switched with 2 for sure.

Why isn’t Brock Lesnar on the list

<{outtahere}>

Usman will most definitely be a top-5 MMA wrestler by the time his career ends. Dude's vastly outwrestled everyone he's fought so far.

rarely uses his wrestling. mostly a striker with very good wrestling.

How about when he does use his wrestling? He relied on it in all of his pre-title fights, and outwrestled DC.

rarely uses his wrestling. mostly a striker with very good wrestling.
Rarely? He mixes striking with wrestling masterfully. It's how he decisively finished Gustaffson in their 2nd fight.

Henry Cejudo won an Olympic Gold Medal in wrestling, but he's not on Ben's Top 5 list and that's all that matters.

That's pretty good. Would have to include Cejudo, but only if it's top six.

Henry Cejudo won an Olympic Gold Medal in wrestling, but he's not on Ben's Top 5 list and that's all that matters.
he doesnt use it as much as those guys. yoel romero is a silver medalist and hes mostly a boxer now whats your point exactly?

DC's wrestling looked kind of shitty vs. Jones and Gustafsson.

Frankie Edgar couldn't take Jose Aldo down at all, got outwrestled by Gray Maynard in there first fight.

I'd say add Couture and Sonnen to the list

How about when he does use his wrestling? He relied on it in all of his pre-title fights, and outwrestled DC.
hes a great wrestler but hes not like the guys on the list. hes not khabib/gsp/hughes type of fighter. hes content on staying standing and shooting an occasional TD every now and then.

Decent list. Still not fan of ben

DC's wrestling looked kind of shitty vs. Jones and Gustafsson.

Frankie Edgar couldn't take Jose Aldo down at all, got outwrestled by Gray Maynard in there first fight.

So I'd propably add Couture and Sonnen in there place.
i agree on the couture one. ppl like khabib have taken so much from him especially clinch and control style its just too obvious.

Back