Media Tom Aspinall (good lad) cries after winning $50,000 bonus

Sad a pro athlete cries over a $50K “performance bonus”

Sad a pro athlete cries over a $50K “performance bonus”
Fighting is never gonna be as popular as other sports. The sooner people stop comparing fighting to basketball or some shit,the better off we will all be.

As LAME as it is,not every man loves to watch guys get the shit beat out of them,and they like it even less when theres grappling invovled.

I KNOW!

I KNOW!

Scandalous,son.

Tom is a perfect example of what's wrong with mma pay on the fighters side.

Exciting guy in a division desperately lacking stars. Boringest interview ever. Nothing against Tom. Seems like an awesome guy and phenomenal fighter but they have to understand there is an entertainment side to this sport. He's crying over 50k but he could make a hell of a lot more if he got some mic skills and got people hyped for his next one. I bash Conor but he understands this better than anyone.

Nah, Tom should stay exactly who he is and shouldn't be pressured by weirdos like you to create an obtuse personality to amuse aforementioned weirdos

all I know is I was big on him before this fight and I'm even bigger on him after.

He is going to be champion in the future.

Seems like a good guy, but lost a ton of respect for him, what a pussy to cry for that lmao

You've probably never worked hard and achieved anything in your life based on this post. Guy puts his all into performing in the cage and is rewarded with what's probably an amount of money that will make a big difference in his life at this moment. Not sure why that's something to lose respect over lol. What a stooge.

You've probably never worked hard and achieved anything in your life based on this post. Guy puts his all into performing in the cage and is rewarded with what's probably an amount of money that will make a big difference in his life at this moment. Not sure why that's something to lose respect over lol. What a stooge.
I agree 100% , but there is a difference in being happy and proud ,and crying like a woman.

I agree 100% , but there is a difference in being happy and proud ,and crying like a woman.

I cried the first time I got a paycheck for $2000 when I was 21. I worked hard and was happy and proud of myself. That money at that time saved my life.

Not sure why you'd lose respect someone for experiencing happiness and it showing.

Not that anyone really has respect for anyone here, but, I can assure you, more people have lost respect for you reading these posts than they did for Tom crying because he got 50k.

I cried the first time I got a paycheck for $2000 when I was 21. I worked hard and was happy and proud of myself. That money at that time saved my life.

Not sure why you'd lose respect someone for experiencing happiness and it showing.

Not that anyone really has respect for anyone here, but, I can assure you, more people have lost respect for you reading these posts than they did for Tom crying because he got 50k.
that guys an idiot. War GOATspinal

He is only 28, won three fights inside a year, and got 50k on top twice.

Even if he is still on 10/10 thats still 160k plus like 12k extra from Venum. 172k is a lot of money for a young person and he is probably making a lot more than that.

Good for him. I hope he invests some of the extra money from bonuses wisely.
lol there are numerous professions that dont involve brain damage that pay people 150k by age 28 and don't include tons of expenses on an ongoing basis or being the top 15 in the world, let alone top 1000.

Exciting guy in a division desperately lacking stars. Boringest interview ever. Nothing against Tom. Seems like an awesome guy and phenomenal fighter but they have to understand there is an entertainment side to this sport. He's crying over 50k but he could make a hell of a lot more if he got some mic skills and got people hyped for his next one. I bash Conor but he understands this better than anyone.

I'd say the problem is more the majority of the fans who get excited by moron's like the Diaz brothers and Conor acting like wannabe gangsters and doing awful trash talk.
Must be the only sport where your paid more for your actions outside of the sport rather than in it.

Funny that you come in so strongly while being quite wrong yourself. Bonuses are taxed at 22% flat rate so from $50,000 that would be $11,000.
I’m not certain about this, but I would imagine as a UK resident that he will have to pay income tax on that as well in the UK given it is income earned abroad.

I have no problem with his interviews. I was not bored at all. Sorry you need glass breaking and rockstar energy drinks being tossed to keep your attention.

U shouldnt have to be a mouth piece to get paid bro...

Thats the problem with the sport....

If u win and win big....and keep winning you should have a strong bank account to match.

If u can talk some shit ...so be it...but the winning and sport side should be dictating the money..not peoples mouths

You got it all wrong
I mean the guys who make the big money capture people's attention. They have to be a compelling person. Im already compelled though. Hopefully the higher up he goes,others will feel the same.

GSP didnt run his mouth to get attention. He was just already likeable.

Back