Media Tom Aspinall (good lad) cries after winning $50,000 bonus

Very happy for him.
Good fighter and a very decent bloke, judging by what i've seen from him.

I was rooting for him, glad to hear that.
Ps: Aspinal dude, if u come to Br to fight dm here and I will buy u a beer or twenty.

Him and Bon Gamin are great people. Funny how they also move and fight similarly.

Imagine how emotional he would be if he realized what athletes earn in legitimate organizations

Tom is a perfect example of what's wrong with mma pay on the fighters side.

Exciting guy in a division desperately lacking stars. Boringest interview ever. Nothing against Tom. Seems like an awesome guy and phenomenal fighter but they have to understand there is an entertainment side to this sport. He's crying over 50k but he could make a hell of a lot more if he got some mic skills and got people hyped for his next one. I bash Conor but he understands this better than anyone.

U shouldnt have to be a mouth piece to get paid bro...

Thats the problem with the sport....

If u win and win big....and keep winning you should have a strong bank account to match.

If u can talk some shit ...so be it...but the winning and sport side should be dictating the money..not peoples mouths

You got it all wrong

British Mir act like you've been there before, because you have.

Yup. When was the last time you’ve seen athletes in other sports crying over a measly 50k
Really depends which sport your talking about and what level. I know his 28 but people train all there lives for the Olympics and they dont earn 50k

Reactions: HHJ
You clearly know nothing about costs and taxes. Nevada has no state income tax. The federal tax on that is around $5K.

Funny that you come in so strongly while being quite wrong yourself. Bonuses are taxed at 22% flat rate so from $50,000 that would be $11,000.

U shouldnt have to be a mouth piece to get paid bro...

Thats the problem with the sport....

If u win and win big....and keep winning you should have a strong bank account to match.

If u can talk some shit ...so be it...but the winning and sport side should be dictating the money..not peoples mouths

You got it all wrong

No I don't have it all wrong. I agree with you btw but for NOW that's how it is. So these fighters should help themselves. Hopefully in the future the fighting speaks for itself but for now that ain't the case.

Back