Tom Aspinall ends fights in two minutes, two seconds, a UFC record

well never know at this rate. with the belt held up.... even if jones beats tipe and agrees to fight tom, then we wont see tom fight for another 2-3 years cause of more hold up.

I think it would be a great fight that could go either way . I do favor Aspinal but Jones is a calculated motherfucker with great gamplanning. And he isn't afraid to cheat . You know damn well hes gonna go for Toms knee in that fight .

That being said , I really think the reason Dana doesn't want to do Jones vs Aspinal is because he doesn't want everyone at the top of the division be out since both Stipe and Jones are likely to hang it up after their bout.
If Jones fights Aspinal they both get injured Stipe isn't gonna fuckin swoop in and put a dent in current heavyweight division .

I don't agree with any of that though, I think Jones vs Aspinal is the fight to make .
Let Stipe stay retired and have Tom and Jon unify the belts .
If Jon and Stipe still want to fight they can do it afterwards .
And tbh I would actually be interested in the fight then unlike now where it's just bullshit holding up the division.

well never know at this rate. with the belt held up.... even if jones beats tipe and agrees to fight tom, then we wont see tom fight for another 2-3 years cause of more hold up.
It's been more than obvious that Jones ain't never fighting Tom, and we all know why, because he's gay.

Jones will never fight Aspinall because of the unpredictability. That insane combination of speed, size and power - there is no predictability with that.

Yup, Jon absolutely loves to study "the tape" on fighters, and with Tom having the shortest average fight time in the UFC, there isn't much tape to be studied. It must be a terrifying thought for Jon.

Yup, Jon absolutely loves to study "the tape" on fighters, and with Tom having the shortest average fight time in the UFC, there isn't much tape to be studied. It must be a terrifying thought for Jon.
From the tapes, here are the weaknesses we can see from Aspinall:

1) He gassed out once a very ling time ago when he was 18 or 19
2) He injured his knee.
3) He has his chin up and can get touched.

So since Jones does not have the KO power to exploit 3, and 2 is a gamble, really the only gameplan possible is to make it a ugly boring long fight an hope that his cardio fades .

From the tapes, here are the weaknesses we can see from Aspinall:

1) He gassed out once a very ling time ago when he was 18 or 19
2) He injured his knee.
3) He has his chin up and can get touched.

So since Jones does not have the KO power to exploit 3, and 2 is a gamble, really the only gameplan possible is to make it a ugly boring long fight an hope that his cardio fades .

Yup, and I don't think Jon is a gambling man. At least, not when it comes to fighting.

There's no way Jon destroys Tom. MAYBE he beats him but that's about it..

Yaaa..

Just like there was no way Jones was going to destroy Gane, and Gane's gunna snap his legs with a leg kick ..and Jones has never fought someone Gane's size or athleticism...

And then what happened?

And then what happened?

Jon exploited the wrestling weaknesses of a pillow fisted muay thai guy who only had his first MMA fight in 2018. A guy who had intentionally been kept away from wrestlers and still got himself outwrestled by Ngannou. Which is exactly what Jon figured on when he took the fight.

Tom’s the number one HW in the world right now. There shouldn’t be a debate. Jon and Frank haven’t fought in a bit and also not often enough to deserve this distinction. Frankly I don’t even care if Tom fights either as they’re both irrelevant atm.

Lol

How is Jones irrelevant when everyone is always speaking about him and all that is left is for Tom to beg?

Ngannou though, he is irrelevant without a doubt.

Jon exploited the wrestling weaknesses of a pillow fisted muay thai guy who only had his first MMA fight in 2018. A guy who had intentionally been kept away from wrestlers and still got himself outwrestled by Ngannou. Which is exactly what Jon figured on when he took the fight.

Would you like some Tea with that copium?

This is easy to write, after Jones did what he did...but before that this wasnt the tune

Would you like some Tea with that copium?

This is easy to write, after Jones did what he did...but before that this wasnt the tune

Anyone who takes 3 years off then fights even a top 15 level opponent in a higher weight class is going to have a lot of people doubting them. Especially when, as in Jons case, that performance 3 years earlier was a contentious decision win over a guy who went on to get wrecked constantly afterwards.

Not saying beating Gane wasnt impressive, but its not hard to see, from a stylistic perspective, why that fight got made pretty easily while Jon/Ngannou and now Jon/Aspinall didnt.

Back