Times you were emotional watching MMA.

i can't say i've ever felt emotional about peoples career choices and mma fighters are not an exception to this. regardless of what people pick as an occupation, life is a rocky ride.

Fights in general don’t get me emotional, Amy Winehouse singing Rehab does me in..

Aljo or Pinheiro made me pretty mad or Romanov vs Espinosa...

Also had few "heart attacks" when Jiri fought Oezdemir / Reyes or Cappelozza

images

This is the only time I can recollect. Also any time Chuck lost.

Happy, excited, or angry moments for sure.
Choked up?
Nothing specific that I can remember, but I know there's been a few times when a winning fighter in the post-fight interview talked about how he just lost his dad or dealt with a sick family member, those were moving moments.
If I had to pick one that stands out, it's Tim Kennedy winning in the Fight for the Troops at Fort Campbell Kentucky in Nov 2003.

And for what it's worth, real men let themselves cry.
Cowards hide/bury/repress it.

Tony fight.
specially one of my boys kept talking shit. I wanted to sock him so bad lol

That time they wouldn't let Julian Lane bang... Bro

Gonna take some heat for having feelings in this thread, but I just wanted to address the side of the emotional spectrum people seem to shy away from. Charles winning reminded me that as a fan, this is a crazy sport to watch. These guys are putting their brains and bodies on the line, literally fighting for a better life. In the case of Charles Oliveira, you have a guy who has basically grown up in the UFC, who has come from nothing in the favelas (similar to Aldo), to Worldwide-notoriety as UFC-champ. I felt like people were writing off Charles all fight-week, basically going with Chandler’s narrative that Charles is a quitter and will definitely fold to his pressure. Anyway I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen Charles fight, not to mention the ups and downs he’s had in his career, and I just felt his emotion when he won, I wasn’t sobbing or anything but I can say I was emotional and got teary-eyed for sure. It was like a Rocky movie-moment for me. The other time I remember like this was when Holly head-kicked Rhonda. There have been some really crazy moments in the UFC, and fighters get emotional in the cage all the time.
My question is, are there fights you remember that as a fan made you emotional?

Frank Verse Tito...rooting for frank.

In the fighter game, over time, with so many let down loses, you accept losing easier. Now, I just enjoy a competitive fight. I like to try and figure out what the fighters are thinking. The same way, in the past, I like calling a pitchers pitch. I like to anticipate or see if I can do that or I become passive and it gets boring. So I am less emotionally invested in the game but invested in other things.

Depends what you mean by emotional.

but I was hyped the fuck up/nerves were on edge watching the following

Khabib choke out Conor then going after dildo

Usman breaking Colby’s jaw and finishing him

DP knocking out Conor. DP is such a good dude who has paid his dues, was nice to see him knock Connie the fuck out after people weren’t giving him a chance

Darren Elkins finishing Misrad Bektic in the 3rd round after getting completely dominated in the first 2.

Robbie vs Rory

Hendo vs Shogun 1 and 2

JDS vs Cain 2 and 3

I'm man enough to admit I shed a few tears for Chucky Olives. I've been riding the train with that guy since the Elkins fight and it's been through a lot of ups and downs and plenty of times when it looked like he'd never get to be an actual contender and would just be known as the sub record holder, but then this last couple of years he's just gone on this amazing run, cumulating in a magical win in an amazing fight where he had to fight through adversity. The fact that a lot of people thought he was a quitter and he came from behind to win just made it even sweeter.

I’m a man’s man. I have never inserted a tampon into an orifice of my body. So, no.. I have never gotten emotional watching a fight.

giphy.gif
You've never gotten a nose bleed out of nowhere and been in a place or circumstance where the only supplies to address the issue was a woman with a purse? You're no man's man, man.

Gonna take some heat for having feelings in this thread, but I just wanted to address the side of the emotional spectrum people seem to shy away from. Charles winning reminded me that as a fan, this is a crazy sport to watch. These guys are putting their brains and bodies on the line, literally fighting for a better life. In the case of Charles Oliveira, you have a guy who has basically grown up in the UFC, who has come from nothing in the favelas (similar to Aldo), to Worldwide-notoriety as UFC-champ. I felt like people were writing off Charles all fight-week, basically going with Chandler’s narrative that Charles is a quitter and will definitely fold to his pressure. Anyway I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen Charles fight, not to mention the ups and downs he’s had in his career, and I just felt his emotion when he won, I wasn’t sobbing or anything but I can say I was emotional and got teary-eyed for sure. It was like a Rocky movie-moment for me. The other time I remember like this was when Holly head-kicked Rhonda. There have been some really crazy moments in the UFC, and fighters get emotional in the cage all the time.
My question is, are there fights you remember that as a fan made you emotional?

You shouldnt be watching mma if you get emotional watching it

Back