Times you were emotional watching MMA.

Gonna take some heat for having feelings in this thread, but I just wanted to address the side of the emotional spectrum people seem to shy away from. Charles winning reminded me that as a fan, this is a crazy sport to watch. These guys are putting their brains and bodies on the line, literally fighting for a better life. In the case of Charles Oliveira, you have a guy who has basically grown up in the UFC, who has come from nothing in the favelas (similar to Aldo), to Worldwide-notoriety as UFC-champ. I felt like people were writing off Charles all fight-week, basically going with Chandler’s narrative that Charles is a quitter and will definitely fold to his pressure. Anyway I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen Charles fight, not to mention the ups and downs he’s had in his career, and I just felt his emotion when he won, I wasn’t sobbing or anything but I can say I was emotional and got teary-eyed for sure. It was like a Rocky movie-moment for me. The other time I remember like this was when Holly head-kicked Rhonda. There have been some really crazy moments in the UFC, and fighters get emotional in the cage all the time.
My question is, are there fights you remember that as a fan made you emotional?
Imma sound like a casual here but knowing Khabibs dad passing and him crying in the middle of the octagon was pretty sad. Porier after the Khabib loss and Felder talking about his children after losing a questionable decision. After Romero got cut I rewatched his speech with that interviewer and him talking to his daughter after the second Whittaker loss.

Condit getting completely dominated by Maia and getting subbed by Chiesa both made me a little sad

Watching the legend Jose Aldo getting Ko'd in seconds by an Irish loudmouth. It seemed like everyone in the mma community was celebrating that night except for me. It's easily the saltiest/gut-sinking reaction I've ever had to a fight.

Excited is an emotion right?

I remember having an erection the first time Velasquez battered Bigfoot Silva. When Eye popped Smith’s ear too. It’s happened on other occasions as well, but those two were my most memorable ones…

mirkocrocop.bmp

2O8WyGI.png

image31.jpeg

Peak of the sport right here.

I was a Positive Balance-level Penn fan during his time at top of LW. I’d have trouble sleeping after his fights because I was so worked up.

I remember watching the Edgar I fight from Abu Dhabi, getting more and more frustrated as it went on. Penn controlled the center but Edgar was just bouncing circles around him. Was it the heat, was he really just that lazy? The fight ended and Rogan said “interesting...” and I knew what was coming. I stopped watching MMA for a while after that lol.

Every time Penn has fought since then (except round 1 against Fitch) it’s just been very sad.

Oh but when Cain destroyed Lesnar I was really really happy.

I hate this types of threads cause it makes me remember Whittaker v Adesanya

<DCrying>

I’m a man’s man. I have never inserted a tampon into an orifice of my body. So, no.. I have never gotten emotional watching a fight.

giphy.gif

Yet you deliver your manly point with a girly gif. She looks dope though, I wonder if she like to use tampon or like to keep it dirty like you.

Rose winning the title.
Any Fedor fight.
Any Anderson Silva fight.
some other fights.
But I think I get the term emotional wrong. It’s not like I’m about to cry or anything. Just very emotionally invested when I watch my favourite fighters and so I get nervous when watching and very very happy when they win. If they get emotional I usually get emotional too but not as emotional as they are lol. I’m not going to cry watching an MMA fight. At least I don’t think so lol

Watching Anderson lose the second time against Chris Weidman, going down injured made me sad. My father and I started watching MMA together and watching Silva got me into the sport.
I wasn’t sad. I was FURIOUS

Big Nog's decline.

Back in his Pride days and Prime he used to take Damage like crazy and finish the fight. But as he kept fighting in the UFC in his later career he kept declining. Made me really sad.

Actually when majority of the Pride Fighters lost. It made me sad.

Silva breaking his leg for sure brought me down to earth. That was just like wow... really it all ends like this??

I cried when Couture came out of retirement and won the Heavyweight belt. The whole bar did.

Gonna take some heat for having feelings in this thread, but I just wanted to address the side of the emotional spectrum people seem to shy away from. Charles winning reminded me that as a fan, this is a crazy sport to watch. These guys are putting their brains and bodies on the line, literally fighting for a better life. In the case of Charles Oliveira, you have a guy who has basically grown up in the UFC, who has come from nothing in the favelas (similar to Aldo), to Worldwide-notoriety as UFC-champ. I felt like people were writing off Charles all fight-week, basically going with Chandler’s narrative that Charles is a quitter and will definitely fold to his pressure. Anyway I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen Charles fight, not to mention the ups and downs he’s had in his career, and I just felt his emotion when he won, I wasn’t sobbing or anything but I can say I was emotional and got teary-eyed for sure. It was like a Rocky movie-moment for me. The other time I remember like this was when Holly head-kicked Rhonda. There have been some really crazy moments in the UFC, and fighters get emotional in the cage all the time.
My question is, are there fights you remember that as a fan made you emotional?
I almost pee'd my pants from excitement when Vitor got that armbar on Jones, sadly it was not meant to be. <Oku01>

Khabib vs Gaethje had me feeling weird. It must of been the edibles.

Back