Hot take?: It's not my first choice, but I prefer Islam/Charles than Islam/Justin

I think the diversity of matchups in the title reign is so important. Already the Volk rematch was a travesty, and Gamrot should've gotten to fill in as backup instead. An Oliveira-Volk-Volk-Oliveira title reign would truly be lame af. A champion should get to show that they have what it takes to beat all the opposition, not just two guys

Islam's reign should look more like Oliveira-Volk-Dariush-Gaethje-Gamrot-Tsarukyan. THAT is a good title reign

Olivera is shut out by style alone. I don't get it. I'm not the biggest fan of Gaethje but also they gave Khabib fresh matchups, they should respect Islam the same. I'm sorry but Usman's run wasn't impressive because of rematches, and I don't think they should do that to Islam. Gaethje is the only one really deserving besides Arman, but again I want to see NEW fights.

I agree. Gaethje has nothing, and I mean nothing, for makhachev.

Charles on the other hand could make it very different with some adjustments.

Gaethje is a gimme for makhachev

I call bullshit

I agree. Islam vs Charles wasn't the blowout people think it was and I'd like to see them fight again.

Agree.

Charles was a big submission-threat against Makachev, esp. at the end of Round 1.

Charles was literally in the process of entangling Islam into a triangle attempt when the bell rung.

Islam was potentially saved by the bell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back