Time to pay the toll for UFC 300 being stacked. UFC 301 is a glorified Apex card.

There just needs to be an annual sherdog meet up and watch party. Then we can all pitch in.

It'll be the first time spending money on a ppv for 99% of sherdog tho lol
Lol too true.
That and most of them wouldn't make it due to their hangovers sir ;)

How much money did they throw at Aldo to lure him out of retirement for this?
He would honestly still be boxing on cards nobody really cares about so hopefully it's at least a decent amount. If he's gonna fight I hope he at least gets paid something noticeable.

Eh. Im happy with the main card. Prelims and early prelims are sad.

Completely false. This clearly isn't ppv-worthy even in a pre-300 world. It's headlined by a champion few people actually care about (I actually like Pantoja) fighting the #10 contender, ffs. And the co-main is an old, retired legend against someone who's not even in the top 10.

Pantoja is the only fighter on the card ranked within the top 9 of his division. Show me another ppv card that you can say the same about.

i like pantoja too, but cards main evented by the lower classes need to be relatively stacked
there a lot of good brazilian fighters, i dont know why the ufc put out such a weak card

It's usually the ones we sleep on that deliver the most.

Even 300, many of us (myself included) were complaining of lack of star power or match ups.

But that card kicked serious ass overall.
My opinion was that on paper, 300 looked like a great regular card, but weak compared to 100 & 200.

But it delivered.

This is a ppv ? Looks more like a good fight night. Will sell records for lowest sales. How come we dob't discuss sales anymore. What did 300 do

He would honestly still be boxing on cards nobody really cares about so hopefully it's at least a decent amount. If he's gonna fight I hope he at least gets paid something noticeable.

Yeah I would assume it’s probably in the $500,000 range which is way more than he’s getting for 6 round boxing matches.

It should be a ESPN fight night to be honest.

I’ll be at BKFC here in LA but I’ll probably buy the UFC card later at night or Sunday. There’s some matchups I’m personally interested in.

Pretty common these days. You are lucky to get anything more than a decent main event and then filler. Even the main is lacking on this one. One of those that I won’t lose any sleep over if I miss it.

I’ve never understood the logic of people being like “what if it’s all finishes?” What does it matter if journeymen finish fights? They are never going to amount to anything. It’s just filler. If you aren’t ranked or an up and coming prospect, I don’t care about watching you fight.

IDK how you can have 301 be so awesome and the next one be basically one of the worst PPV cards of all time.

Main event is a bit underwhelming but some pretty nice bangers on the card and no WMMA on the main card. Count me in.

I'll get flamed. But I can't watch PPVs with a flyweight fight for a main event.

Atleast it gives me a break from caring to watch the full cards. It's definitely an apex card with a few decent fights. Only worth it for Aldo and Pereira really. Pantoja fight could be fun though.

Back