News Till out, Kevin Holland Vs Hermannson.

Holland is awesome.
This will be his 5th fight in 2020 if that fight happens as it's supposed to.

I agree!
Props to Holland for taking this fight.
Well he's got nothing to lose. On the other hand, Jack could be making a BIG mistake. This fight doesn't have much upside for him. Jack has stapled himself in the top 5 with his only loss being to Jared. He's one of the few top guys Adesanya hasn't beat.

Some of his fans were afraid of him taking on Jared at tge time but that matchup made sense. This one is fighting waaaay backwards. All the upside is for Holland. If Jack loses here then he can kiss those title aspirations goodbye.

Is Costa still unable to fight? Why not Hermansson vs Costa??

Well he's got nothing to lose. On the other hand, Jack could be making a BIG mistake. This fight doesn't have much upside for him. Jack has stapled himself in the top 5 with his only loss being to Jared. He's one of the few top guys Adesanya hasn't beat.

Some of his fans were afraid of him taking on Jared at tge time but that matchup made sense. This one is fighting waaaay backwards. All the upside is for Holland. If Jack loses here then he can kiss those title aspirations goodbye.

Is Costa still unable to fight? Why not Hermansson vs Costa??
I agree from the standpoint you've shown in regards to Holland - but he might still receive a beating (most likely with Hermansson on top of him), so obviously this fight has its dangers too for Holland.

Also agree that Jack has everything to lose, he should really win this, if he doesn't want to go down the rankings.

Would love to see Hermansson vs Costa too, have no idea what condition Costa is in though, he obviously took a real beating in his last fight lmao

First of all: i hope you don't mind my responses being way shorter than your texts!

Second, again, your assessments make total sense, only one thing: i could be wrong, but i think Wonderboy suffered ligament damage in his knee(s) when fighting Till, other than that i probably agree with most things.

I still think he might go far at 185, certainly when Izzy has retired (Till is almost 4 years younger). If he adjusts a bit of the things you've mentioned, he should theoretically able to beat most 185ers.
His wrestling defense has looked really good thus far in his career to me and he obviously is gifted with really good timing in the striking department.
His size is ideal for 185 too, if you ask me.

Lol you're all good brother, I'm self aware enough to know that I'm a generally LONG winded kind of guy, but I'd rather take my time to give a well thought-out and comprehensive read that if you agree or disagree at least you understand my stance than be Lazy and try to make the shortest comment so I can get the most likes. THIS is not to say that's I how I interpret your responses, but I know people look at what I'm typing and think "Essays" but shit we're on an MMA Forum, we're all adults, and REAL conversations aren't as short as "(Insert Fighter) Sucks lol, he's trash" As long as there's two adults with an attention span, really good conversations can be had, but no I don't take it personally if I write more than the other person, it's like a Dance, and I don't mind leading haha.

I also don't have a problem if people disagree but some people get surprised when I respond sticking to my stance. I concede to points that I agree with but just because we're having a back and fourth doesn't mean I'm getting heated or feel some type of way, I fully understand that people can have disagreements, but people on here think I take them personally sometimes when that couldn't be further from the case. I always look at it as two passionate fans having a conversation. I hold no ill will towards Internet Avatars I don't know in real life haha so I'll put that out there.

I agree though, I think he can go far, he's clearly elite, and he's reached the Mountain top before, he was never Champion, but he got to the point where he fought for a Title, so for Till it's about finding that in him again, and making Fans that doubt him believe in him again. I'll never doubt Till's chance to win a fight, I only doubt where his Confidence and his mental is at. That's his biggest Fight right now in my opinion.

Last edited:
Wow huge moments for Khamzat and Holland, both having such a huge year and now a shot to fight a top 4 guy in the division.

That sucks but I’m kind of interested in Holland as a fill in. Definitely the biggest opportunity of his career so far. He’s been active so he deserves it. Let’s see what he makes of it.

He wins this he can possibly get that Izzy fight he wanted soon.

Last edited:
Lol you're all good brother, I'm self aware enough to know that I'm a generally LONG winded kind of guy, but I'd rather take my time to give a well thought-out and comprehensive read that if you agree or disagree at least you understand my stance than be Lazy and try to make the shortest comment so I can get the most likes. THIS is not to say that's I how I interpret your responses, but I know people look at what I'm typing and think "Essays" but shit we're on an MMA Forum, we're all adults, and REAL conversations aren't as short as "(Insert Fighter) Sucks lol, he's trash" As long as there's two adults with an attention span, really good conversations can be had, but no I don't take it personally if I write more than the other person, it's like a Dance, and I don't mind leading haha.

I also don't have a problem if people disagree but some people get surprised when I respond sticking to my stance. I concede points that I agree with but just because we're having a back and fourth doesn't mean I'm getting heated or feel some type of way, I fully understand that people can have disagreements, but people on here think I take them personally sometimes when that couldn't be further from the case. I always look at it as two passionate fans having a conversation. I hold no ill will towards Internet Avatars I don't know in real life haha so I'll put that out there.

I agree though, I think he can go far, he's clearly elite, and he's reached the Mountain top before, he was never Champion, but he got to the point where he fought for a Title, so for Till it's about finding that in him again, and making Fans that doubt him believe in him again. I'll never doubt Till's chance to win a fight, I only doubt where his Confidence and his mental is at. That's his biggest Fight right now in my opinion.
20664.png

bork1}

I also don't have a problem if people disagree but some people get surprised when I respond sticking to my stance. I concede points that I agree with but just because we're having a back and fourth doesn't mean I'm getting heated or feel some type of way, I fully understand that people can have disagreements, but people on here think I take them personally sometimes when that couldn't be further from the case. I always look at it as two passionate fans having a conversation. I hold no ill will towards Internet Avatars I don't know in real life haha so I'll put that out there.
Yeah, that makes sense.
I'm incredibly long-winded too at times, so i know what you're feeling i guess.
Interesting and reasonable.

Always glad when people agree with me on Till, instead of "Till is an overrated bum, he's only popular because he's english and the UFC tries to market him!"
Hate that narrative really.
At 170 he was very good (and did well in the fights he lost too) but suffered from similar problems as Whittaker did, mainly being very depleted due to cutting too much weight, but also losing the speed advantage a bit, which both these guys have against (most) similarly sized guys.

Till's performance against Gastelum - although boring in the eyes of many - has impressed me a lot and while people shit on Gastelum too, they often forget that as long as the fight is on the feet, Gastelum is still elite in the UFC, the guy has generally great boxing from a technical standpoint and has the physical tools (speed and power) to go along with it.
Also and especially after his very close fight against Whittaker (who he knocked down, as you mentioned), it should be clear that Till is a very good fighter, even though this might sound a bit contradictory considering he (narrowly, but) still lost to Whittaker - in the context of things, this wasn't a bad performance at all though.
The guy has fought Wonderboy, Masvidal, Woodley, Gastelum and Robert Whittaker in a row, one shouldn't forget that.

A guy who beats the guy that was very competitive with the champion and only loses by small margin to the second best 185er (Whittaker) can by no means be described as an average fighter, let alone a bum.

Holland is a BJJ black belt and a competent striker.

It's not going to be an easier stylistic match up for Hermansson.
Branch was also a BJJ Black Belt and Hermansson sent him packing in less than a minute. Kevin could have his moments, but given how his fight with Allen went, this is 100% Jack's fight to lose.

Fuck Darren Till is inconsistent. Hope he fights Costa when he's back.

Also props to Holland for having the balls to take this fight, but he's essentially killing his own momentum, he's not beating Hermansson.

Jack Hermansson wins this fight by decision IMO.

To beat Holland you get a guy like Jack who will get in close and drain the man as much as possible using technique, carry the weight, make him tired it makes Kevin less effective.

I see many saying Kevin Holland is a bjj black belt which means something when you are not fighting an expert grappler like Jack Hermansson. Jack Hermansson actually came close to submitting one of the most greatest BJJ champions in MMA history in Jacare Souza, so I am not worried for Jack on the ground with Hollandd.

Holland is best on the feet.
Thats not where this fight will be and Jack has the experience and straight up demon there.

Also many people think that you become a BJJ black belt by becoming a master of thee art. If you show up every day you eventually get it regardless if you've mastered the art or not. It's a well publicized fact that Brazilian jiu jitsu takes a long time to get to your black belt. The average time it takes to achieve this is usually around 10 years. That said, I still see black belts tapped by white and blue belts at times in gyms.

Wow Holland's big opportunity.

You gotta love Holland, the guy has been super active. My gut tells me Hermannson by sub, but we'll see.

Should be a really fun fight, but I'm pleasantly surprised that Hermannson is risking his high ranking to an unranked opponent. Respect the risk.

Holland is soooooo much better than people give him credit for. I think he's the better overall fighter, and I expect him to get the win against Jack. Jack is a fantastic fighter, but very one dimensional.

Back