News Till out, Kevin Holland Vs Hermannson.

d0d344282da90de5f0aa01e82da9adfa.gif

<{fry}>

Yeah, more output would help him, although there's always the cardio question, when it comes to fighters increasing their output.

I could see that being a concern, but one would think that's better than what he's doing now. Sure he lost against Whittaker whose a FUCKING Beast, but he did drop him, he MADE a good read, he HAS the skills and power to hurt people, he just seems concerned with throwing and I don't get it.

Maybe I'm stupid, like I get why he Feints, but he's gotta do SOMETHING with the Feints, he's not the most versatile Striker like Rob who has a variety of Strikes to use but GOD Damn, don't limit and ALREADY limited arsenal with dismal output, he's bound to lose on the Scorecards that way against Elite level competition that has more activity and by virtue more success.

Say he fought Hermansson and yeah he defends the Takedowns, but if he's not active enough on the Feet and Hermansson is pushing the action and has more forward pressure those defended takedowns won't mean shit as he'll still be getting outworked. Till at this stage strikes me as someone that outside of KO'ing Hermansson would have lost a decision because of his lack of output and hesitance to throw.

Maybe even Hermansson is rattled after Jared fucked his shit up, but I'd still bet on him being the more active fighter overall, and that's what would hurt Till. I feel Hermansson whether he's getting the takedown or not would have outworked Till to a grindy decision win.

Who knows, I could be wrong, and as a Fan of Till I want to be wrong, but I don't see it unfortunately. He needs to get confident and let his hands go.

Lmfao, yeah he tugs on his shorts and throws his hands up in the air every time he gets hit <45>

I KNEW I Wasn't the only one who noticed that Shit LOL.
<36>

I see him do that and every time am like "What the fuck are you doing" lol. Dustin does the same shit too, except he just hikes up his Shorts every once in a while haha.

Finally Holland gets a ranked opponent; time to see if he's all hype.

Love this fight. Holland has the edge in striking but I'm curious to see what happens once it hits the ground. Jack should be the better grappler but Holland is very unorthodox and game on the mat as well. Can't wait to see this one.

I could see that being a concern, but one would think that's better than what he's doing now. Sure he lost against Whittaker whose a FUCKING Beast, but he did drop him, he MADE a good read, he HAS the skills and power to hurt people, he just seems concerned with throwing and I don't get it.

Maybe I'm stupid, like I get why he Feints, but he's gotta do SOMETHING with the Feints, he's not the most versatile Striker like Rob who has a variety of Strikes to use but GOD Damn, don't limit and ALREADY limited arsenal with dismal output, he's bound to lose on the Scorecards that way against Elite level competition that has more activity and by virtue more success.

Say he fought Hermansson and yeah he defends the Takedowns, but if he's not active enough on the Feet and Hermansson is pushing the action and has more forward pressure those defended takedowns won't mean shit as he'll still be getting outworked. Till at this stage strikes me as someone that outside of KO'ing Hermansson would have lost a decision because of his lack of output and hesitance to throw.

Maybe even Hermansson is rattled after Jared fucked his shit up, but I'd still bet on him being the more active fighter overall, and that's what would hurt Till. I feel Hermansson whether he's getting the takedown or not would have outworked Till to a grindy decision win.

Who knows, I could be wrong, and as a Fan of Till I want to be wrong, but I don't see it unfortunately. He needs to get confident and let his hands go.
I agree largely, although i wouldn't say Till isn't a versatile striker. I think he gets reduced a bit too much to his left hand (similar to what you wrote about Conor in another thread).

But yeah, being too timid might've been a problem against Hermansson, although i suspect Till's output would've increased, considering Hermansson basically forces you to do something, but i could be wrong too, so who knows, lol.

I can’t help but feel this is a layup for Hermansson, Holland isn’t necessarily special in any way
I disagree. Holland is very game and well rounded. He is coming into this fight being the more active fighter and has more confidence. Jack is super slick on the ground but Holland may be good enough to keep it standing or if it does hit the mat, get back to his feet while avoiding Hermannsons sub attempts.

I agree largely, although i wouldn't say Till isn't a versatile striker. I think he gets reduced a bit too much to his left hand (similar to what you wrote about Conor in another thread).

But yeah, being too timid might've been a problem against Hermansson, although i suspect Till's output would've increased, considering Hermansson basically forces you to do something, but i could be wrong too, so who knows, lol.

Good point lol. I won't oversimplify, but in regards to other High Level Strikers, I don't feel he has a LOT of tools to bring to the table and mix in. I could be being ignorant and a Hypocrite, but from what I've seen from Till, he has a good Leg Kick, a snapping Body Kick if the opening is there, his big Hand, and an intercepting and step in like Elbow that he either uses to counter the incoming opponent, or he leads with it.

That and he has this Corkscrew Jab into his Straight, but the time he did throw it he got countered HARD by Woodley, but Woodley made a good read haha. I do like Till, but I'll never question his overall striking skill, more so his hesitancy to use it. If he had a Killer Jab, and used it like Whittaker, I think he'd be MILES better for it, but due to his extensive Background in Muay Thai and Kick Boxing, we probably won't see him develop a Jab like Dustin has done overtime, or Whittaker, he seems VERY settled into his Style again, could be wrong, but I think developing a strong Jab would be in a step in the right direction.

Yeah Hermansson does push the pace which is why I thought that would be Till's best method of victory, land a good counter shot, and follow up for the Finish, other than that, I don't trust Till to MAKE that opening. Hermansson might have given it to him, but will he be too worried about the Takedown to take advantage. Conor got caught because he encountered a similar problem. Khabib's overhand landed because Conor was having Round 1 Vietnam level Flashbacks of getting held on the ground for a round that he COMPLETELY disregarded his head and striking defense.

He also doesn't have a strong leg kick like Jared so he can't really rely on that to do much damage to Hermansson when it barely did SHIT to Whittaker or Wonderboy.

I like Holland, but i was pretty pumped to watch Till fight Hermansson...
<1>
Not to mention it's a biiiiig jump in level of competition. Hermansson should run through him, but if Holland pulls the upset...just wow.

It’s weird how dudes who’ve had their asses whooped have fans here, and fighters who kick ass have as many detractors.
I couldn’t imagine hugging the mom of someone who beat me the fuck up minutes earlier.

I disagree. Holland is very game and well rounded. He is coming into this fight being the more active fighter and has more confidence. Jack is super slick on the ground but Holland may be good enough to keep it standing or if it does hit the mat, get back to his feet while avoiding Hermannsons sub attempts.
Agreed. Good striking and a solid Lutter black belt

Dude is super game as well. His career was not rushed like 95% of fighters. He had five amateur fights, fought for four different high tier feeder leagues (King of the Cage, LFA, Dana White's contender series, and bellator) and now he's on his 10th UFC bout

Good point lol. I won't oversimplify, but in regards to other High Level Strikers, I don't feel he has a LOT of tools to bring to the table and mix in. I could be being ignorant and a Hypocrite, but from what I've seen from Till, he has a good Leg Kick, a snapping Body Kick if the opening is there, his big Hand, and an intercepting and step in like Elbow that he either uses to counter the incoming opponent, or he leads with it.

That and he has this Corkscrew Jab into his Straight, but the time he did throw it he got countered HARD by Woodley, but Woodley made a good read haha. I do like Till, but I'll never question his overall striking skill, more so his hesitancy to use it. If he had a Killer Jab, and used it like Whittaker, I think he'd be MILES better for it, but due to his extensive Background in Muay Thai and Kick Boxing, we probably won't see him develop a Jab like Dustin has done overtime, or Whittaker, he seems VERY settled into his Style again, could be wrong, but I think developing a strong Jab would be in a step in the right direction.

Yeah Hermansson does push the pace which is why I thought that would be Till's best method of victory, land a good counter shot, and follow up for the Finish, other than that, I don't trust Till to MAKE that opening. Hermansson might have given it to him, but will he be too worried about the Takedown to take advantage. Conor got caught because he encountered a similar problem. Khabib's overhand landed because Conor was having Round 1 Vietnam level Flashbacks of getting held on the ground for a round that he COMPLETELY disregarded his head and striking defense.

He also doesn't have a strong leg kick like Jared so he can't really rely on that to do much damage to Hermansson when it barely did SHIT to Whittaker or Wonderboy.
First of all: i hope you don't mind my responses being way shorter than your texts!

Second, again, your assessments make total sense, only one thing: i could be wrong, but i think Wonderboy suffered ligament damage in his knee(s) when fighting Till, other than that i probably agree with most things.

I still think he might go far at 185, certainly when Izzy has retired (Till is almost 4 years younger). If he adjusts a bit of the things you've mentioned, he should theoretically able to beat most 185ers.
His wrestling defense has looked really good thus far in his career to me and he obviously is gifted with really good timing in the striking department.
His size is ideal for 185 too, if you ask me.

Hermansson via round 1 submission.

Not to mention it's a biiiiig jump in level of competition. Hermansson should run through him, but if Holland pulls the upset...just wow.
I agree!
Props to Holland for taking this fight.

Back