News Three fighters suspended and fined for drug test failures

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Daniel Pineda produced on fight night tested positive for amphetamine, a banned substance under the NAC rules. As a result, Pineda was handed a nine-month suspension Wednesday, retroactive to the positive test. He was also fined a total of $2,554.38, accounting for the violation and subsequent legal fees.

Rodrigo Nascimento’s urine test from the fight (against Alan Baudot) tested positive for ritalinic acid, a metabolite of psychostimulant drugs methylphenidate and ethylphenidate. As a result, Nascimento received a six-month suspension, retroactive to the test. He was also fined a total of $1,945.36, for the violation and subsequent legal fees. MMA Junkie confirmed with a NAC spokesperson shortly after the meeting Wednesday that Nascimento’s win has been overturned to a “no contest.”

Chris Barnett provided a urine sample that tested positive for marijuana – a banned substance under the NAC’s watch at the time of the test. Although the NAC has since changed its rules so marijuana-positive athletes won’t be punished, the policy is not retroactive to pre-rule-change tests. As a result, Barnett was handed a retroactive four-and-a-half month suspension Wednesday by the NAC. He will also have to pay a total of $1,036.08 in fines and legal fees.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/lists/ufc-news-drug-suspensions-daniel-pineda-rodrigo-nascimento-chris-barnett-amphetamine-marijuana

Pineda lol he's popped numerous times, his last two PFL fights got overturned to NC's because of him failing tests as well.

So what did Rodrigo pop for? If anyone with a brain can explain then thank you. Don’t get it. I am absolutely fuming with rage and not thinking straight, 3 hours waiting for a curry. No. 1 bullshit.

And weed and phet? Jesus, it is a requirement of your job ffs. Not for me thankfully.

Nick sharing some of his weed :p ?? :p

Weird how we went from fighters getting caught almost every card... and now everyone is suddenly clean!
weird how you're both making things up.....

Weird how we went from fighters getting caught almost every card... and now everyone is suddenly clean!

You’d actually expect to see some drop off. For one, drug testing does deter some people. For two, people over time find ways to skirt the system.

Those guys were too dumb to get a therapeutic use exemption for their adhd meds.

<{cruzshake}>

I'm shocked that Chris Barnett smokes weed

For reducing pain after the fight, I understand why he might have taken it. But, if he did it right before the fight, it could reduce pain but screw up his reaction time and speed. I guess weed could increase your tolerance to pain but screw up the things that matter. Has anyone tried doing sports when smoking weed? When I was in High School I did it one time before a baseball game. I rememIber how hard it was for me to hit the ball. The only thing I accomplished was a big smile after striking out then getting paranoid when my coach was asking me if I was ok? All the teammates laughing at me. I was asking, hey , is it obvious? can you tell?

Methylphenidate is an ADHD / Antidepressant medication. I'm going to assume fighters take this shit to calm their nerves. My best guess. I'm sure someone way more knowledgeable will chime in with what other uses this shit is for.

EDIT: Perhaps this is a good time to point out fighters aren't just taking a little Test and HGH (what Josh Thompson accidentally admitted to on his own podcast).

They take a fucking laundry list of drugs to help their reaction time, maintain power through weight cuts (see what Amanda Lemos popped for) and for a dozen other shit you probably never thought of.

See Chael's joke about only getting flagged for like one thing when he took a bunch of shit.

Last edited:
They need to give Chris Barnett a lifetime ban.

Back