News Three fighters suspended and fined for drug test failures

118_Michael_Chandler.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

why? them boys be natty
You remember all the UFC shills saying Chandler would never pass a USADA test, lol everyone is juicing you can just do it more blatantly in Bellator and other promotions since they only test on fight night or the week off

You remember all the UFC shills saying Chandler would never pass a USADA test, lol everyone is juicing you can just do it more blatantly in Bellator and other promotions since they only test on fight night or the week off

5xwmsfd5btn51.jpg

yes. i got attacked by UFC shills for questioning the nattyness of Chand

Rodrigo Nascimento’s urine test from the fight (against Alan Baudot) tested positive for ritalinic acid, a metabolite of psychostimulant drugs methylphenidate and ethylphenidate. As a result, Nascimento received a six-month suspension, retroactive to the test. He was also fined a total of $1,945.36, for the violation and subsequent legal fees. MMA Junkie confirmed with a NAC spokesperson shortly after the meeting Wednesday that Nascimento’s win has been overturned to a “no contest.”
Funny, Baudot has lost his last 3 fights but 2 of them where overturned (1 DQ win, 1 NC) for very frivolous PED violations (Weed and Ritalin).

So much for the tin foil hat "Jones is suspended" theory? seems like they ARE reporting failed tests
These are results from fight night tests from the Nevada Athletic Commission, not USADA.

The changes the rules on reporting sanctions at the end of 2018…

Good to know. Curious what would you attribute the big decline in sanctions between 2019 vs 2021? Could it be fighters are just less likely to be on the sauce these days?

10 sanctions in 2021, 23 in 2020.....nice try......

yeah just way less common than before. We had a really bad stretch circa like 5 years ago where it was rampant.

Good to know. Curious what would you attribute the big decline in sanctions between 2019 vs 2021? Could it be fighters are just less likely to be on the sauce these days?
again, if you look at the numbers, 2019 was more of an outlier than anything else. i also think 2019 was overstated because it included 2 sanctions from a prior year. still high but also still an outlier. i don't have an answer but i don't think the answer is they are covering up failures or that they aren't testing.

Back