News Three fighters suspended and fined for drug test failures

Hopefully Nascimento doesn't have to pay his win money back.

Daniel Pineda produced on fight night tested positive for amphetamine, a banned substance under the NAC rules. As a result, Pineda was handed a nine-month suspension Wednesday, retroactive to the positive test. He was also fined a total of $2,554.38, accounting for the violation and subsequent legal fees.

Rodrigo Nascimento’s urine test from the fight (against Alan Baudot) tested positive for ritalinic acid, a metabolite of psychostimulant drugs methylphenidate and ethylphenidate. As a result, Nascimento received a six-month suspension, retroactive to the test. He was also fined a total of $1,945.36, for the violation and subsequent legal fees. MMA Junkie confirmed with a NAC spokesperson shortly after the meeting Wednesday that Nascimento’s win has been overturned to a “no contest.”

Chris Barnett provided a urine sample that tested positive for marijuana – a banned substance under the NAC’s watch at the time of the test. Although the NAC has since changed its rules so marijuana-positive athletes won’t be punished, the policy is not retroactive to pre-rule-change tests. As a result, Barnett was handed a retroactive four-and-a-half month suspension Wednesday by the NAC. He will also have to pay a total of $1,036.08 in fines and legal fees.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/lists/ufc-news-drug-suspensions-daniel-pineda-rodrigo-nascimento-chris-barnett-amphetamine-marijuana
So Rodrigo Nascimento has ADHD?

lmao they quit testing for PEDS?

118_Michael_Chandler.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

why? them boys be natty

10 sanctions in 2021, 23 in 2020.....nice try......

It's still a big difference, 2021 is almost over. Let's say it ends up being 12 sanctions, about half of 2020. The new rules are having an impact in reducing the number of confirmed busts.

Let em juice. Only the WWF and Conor cucks pretend to care. We all know our sport is juicy. Always has been. Is normal.

It's still a big difference, 2021 is almost over. Let's say it ends up being 12 sanctions, about half of 2020. The new rules are having an impact in reducing the number of confirmed busts.
he made up his numbers and tried to suggest something that wasn't true. the "new rules" implemented in 2021 were mostly for thc. there were 13 sanctions in 2016 btw. it fluctuates.
2016 - 13
2017 - 15
2018 - 25
2019 - 32
2020 - 23
2021 - 10 through 9 months

note they are on pace to do about as many tests in 2021 as they did in 2019. again, he was making shit up.

new rules are not why 2021 is lower than 2020. i think 1 sanction in 2020 was from thc.

he made up his numbers and tried to suggest something that wasn't true. the "new rules" implemented in 2021 were mostly for thc. there were 13 sanctions in 2016 btw. it fluctuates.
2016 - 13
2017 - 15
2018 - 25
2019 - 32
2020 - 23

note they are on pace to do about as many tests in 2021 as they did in 2019. again, he was making shit up.

new rules are not why 2021 is lower than 2020. i think 1 sanction in 2020 was from thc.
I don’t care much for the shilling you’re trying to present.

how many fighters were punished for PEDS two years prior to today vs now? Not pot. Not stimulants. PEDS.

ALOTTTTT more than we’ve seen in a year and a half. Guess they all quit juicing since the new policy of keeping shit hush…

So much for the tin foil hat "Jones is suspended" theory? seems like they ARE reporting failed tests

And we only find out because they are the bottom of the barrel fighters , not guys that they are heavily invested in or else they would have rigged the damn test in favor for them to fight

2016 - 13
2017 - 15
2018 - 25
2019 - 32
2020 - 23

I will assume what you say to be true. What is concerning is, after the UFC said they would no longer publicize busts until after they ruled whether it was true or not, it seems like a huge drop from 2019 (32 sanctions vs 10 thru 9 months in 2021). The public would like more transparency, there is a large segment of the MMA public that thinks the UFC &/or USADA may be more lenient to some than others based on star power for example. Whether that is true or not, I do not know, but it is a reason some are skeptical. Then again, there is the argument that maybe we should just let everyone go on PEDs & eliminate testing all together

Who immediately thought of Jon?

<{outtahere}>

I will assume what you say to be true. What is concerning is, after the UFC said they would no longer publicize busts until after they ruled whether it was true or not, it seems like a huge drop from 2019 (32 sanctions vs 10 thru 9 months in 2021). The public would like more transparency, there is a large segment of the MMA public that thinks the UFC &/or USADA may be more lenient to some than others based on star power for example. Whether that is true or not, I do not know, but it is a reason some are skeptical. Then again, there is the argument that maybe we should just let everyone go on PEDs & eliminate testing all together
The changes the rules on reporting sanctions at the end of 2018…

For reducing pain after the fight, I understand why he might have taken it. But, if he did it right before the fight, it could reduce pain but screw up his reaction time and speed. I guess weed could increase your tolerance to pain but screw up the things that matter. Has anyone tried doing sports when smoking weed? When I was in High School I did it one time before a baseball game. I rememIber how hard it was for me to hit the ball. The only thing I accomplished was a big smile after striking out then getting paranoid when my coach was asking me if I was ok? All the teammates laughing at me. I was asking, hey , is it obvious? can you tell?
I can totally understand why people would use it for light rolling in jiu jitsu. But getting hit in the head while high? I would not want to do that.

I don’t care much for the shilling you’re trying to present.

how many fighters were punished for PEDS two years prior to today vs now? Not pot. Not stimulants. PEDS.

ALOTTTTT more than we’ve seen in a year and a half. Guess they all quit juicing since the new policy of keeping shit hush…
The “new policy “ was put in place in 2018. Keep tin foil hatting.

Back