The War Room Bet Thread V4

Best bet(s) settled in the last bet thread (see closed bets section in post 3)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, looks like @Corn Pop Hombre is going to first look to see if he can find anything, then fail to find anything, then not take the bet or admit that he was making shit up. Nice.

So, looks like @Corn Pop Hombre is going to first look to see if he can find anything, then fail to find anything, then not take the bet or admit that he was making shit up. Nice.
You know good and well you've talked a lot of shit about bernie. I'm doing some preliminary searching but this is really dependent on how long I want to spend nauseating myself looking at your previous posts. You have 74,000 posts on here. You're trying to make the calculation that I'll give up digging through your thousands and thousands of posts before I find what I'm talking about. We'll see.

I know you're a stand-for-nothing liberal that never wants to make any strong statements in any one direction, so it's gonna be a little tricky, but I'm sure I'll find something.

You know good and well you've talked a lot of shit about bernie.

Bullshit.

I'm doing some preliminary searching but this is really dependent on how long I want to spend nauseating myself looking at your previous posts. You have 74,000 posts on here. You're trying to make the calculation that I'll give up digging through your thousands and thousands of posts before I find what I'm talking about. We'll see.

You can narrow the search, bud. And I'm happy to bet that I can find, let's say at least three (negotiable), posts of me saying that there's little difference between the two in 2016 or 2015.

I know you're a stand-for-nothing liberal that never wants to make any strong statements in any one direction, so it's gonna be a little tricky, but I'm sure I'll find something.

I make lots of strong statements. For example, I think Trump is one of the worst presidents we've had. I've not been shy about thinking that Gabbard was ridiculously unqualified. Etc. I've never made any strong anti-Bernie statements because I like Bernie. If you're sure you'll find something, let's bet.

I make lots of strong statements. For example, I think Trump is one of the worst presidents we've had.

deb3f7b9bdfca641d490901e934f1a60_w200.gif

WOAAAAH!! No way Jack!? How many NYT columns and books did you read, and how many multivariate regressions did you run before coming to this reality shattering conclusion?

WOAAAAH!! No way Jack!? How many NYT columns and books did you read, and how many multivariate regressions did you run before coming to this reality shattering conclusion?

So the point is that if there's a position where I think a strong statement is justified, I make strong statements. If there isn't, I don't. There's no "no strong statement" policy on my end. You ready to bet or at least admit that you looked and couldn't find anything that backed up your claim/did find stuff that backed up mine?

So the point is that if there's a position where I think a strong statement is justified, I make strong statements. If there isn't, I don't. There's no "no strong statement" policy on my end. You ready to bet or at least admit that you looked and couldn't find anything that backed up your claim/did find stuff that backed up mine?
In this context, what makes him a not serious candidate is that he doesn't really have a serious chance to win. But as I've said, my division between Sanders and Clinton comes down to ideology and personal likability vs. competence. Sanders had that embarrassing slipup where he claimed that his plan would cut more in prescription drugs than we currently spend in total. In itself, it's not a big deal, but it's a sign of not being ready for prime time. My problem with Clinton is that her vision of liberalism is more, "talented people should have a chance to be rewarded regardless of their birth circumstances" while mine (and Bernie's) is more, "everyone in America should have a decent standard of living and more if they're willing to work for it."

When you hear them speak, Bernie's like a guy who finished the book he has to write the report on last night and rushed through his report; Clinton's the girl who studied it, read other commentary on it, and wrote up a neat, detailed bit of drivel on it; Trump's the guy who didn't read the book or even the description of it and thinks he can get away with that; and Cruz is like the student that Nabokov described: "I once failed a student ... for writing that Jane Austen describes leaves as "green" because Fanny is hopeful, and "green" is the color of hope."

In one post you: 1) Said Bernie is not a serious candidate because 1A) he doesn't really have a serious chance to win, then you 2) Compared Bernie Sanders to an ill-prepared student that doesn't really know what he's talking about

Bernie would go on to win 49% of the vote, but he's "not a serious candidate" and doesn't have a "serious chance to win" despite very clearly, demonstrably having a chance to win. Bernie Sanders has also been reading up on, and fighting for these issues for decades and decades, yet you compared him to a student reading a book for a book report the night before it's due, characterizing him as ill-prepared and ill-informed.

These are very clearly attacks against Bernie. But I'm sure in your mind you were just calmly and rationally explaining reality.

Bernie Sanders "isn't a serious candidate" but no no Jack, that wasn't an attack, definitely not. Keep lying, keep gaslighting.

In one post you: 1) Said Bernie is not a serious candidate because 1A) he doesn't really have a serious chance to win, then you 2) Compared Bernie Sanders to an ill-prepared student that doesn't really know what he's talking about

Bernie would go on to win 49% of the vote, but he's "not a serious candidate" and doesn't have a "serious chance to win" despite very clearly, demonstrably having a chance to win. Bernie Sanders has also been reading up on, and fighting for these issues for decades and decades, yet you compared him to a student reading a book for a book report the night before it's due, characterizing him as ill-prepared and ill-informed.

These are very clearly attacks against Bernie. But I'm sure in your mind you were just calmly and rationally explaining reality.

Bernie Sanders "isn't a serious candidate" but no no Jack, that wasn't an attack, definitely not. Keep lying, keep gaslighting.

First, let me take a second to call attention to the fact that you ducked the bet and the judging. Second, let me further note that Bernie did not, in fact, win 49% of the vote. Third, here's the context:

well, Hillary is the more serious candidate.....that would account for the Right attacking her and leaving Bernie alone

Also, she's married to cat that had literally over 20 affairs. She's either the dumbest person alive (doubt it), or knew what was going on, can spot and tell lies w/ the best of them. Her husband, ffs, tried to argue the definition of the word 'IS'.......she learned from the master

Only in America does proposing single payer healthcare and Public K -16 make you 'not a serious candidate' lmfao. Everywhere else in the developed world these things are the non negotiable standard of life.

In this context, what makes him a not serious candidate is that he doesn't really have a serious chance to win.

And finally, in the post where you said I'm attacking Bernie, I note that he is more likable than Clinton and that I am in closer agreement with Bernie ideologically than I am with Clinton. This is exactly why I wanted third parties to judge. You're being extremely dishonest by calling that an "attack."

First, let me take a second to call attention to the fact that you ducked the bet and the judging. Second, let me further note that Bernie did not, in fact, win 49% of the vote. Third, here's the context:

And finally, in the post where you said I'm attacking Bernie, I note that he is more likable than Clinton and that I am in closer agreement with Bernie ideologically than I am with Clinton. This is exactly why I wanted third parties to judge. You're being extremely dishonest by calling that an "attack."
No, dishonest is you doing exactly what I said you would do, before this even started. I found a clear case of you attacking Bernie, then you'd twist things around and explain why it wasn't an actual attack. If saying a candidate isn't a "serious candidate" isn't an attack, then I don't know what is. You spent the whole 2016 election cycle talking up Hillary Clinton and explaining why all criticism against her is right wing propaganda, and Bernie Sanders isn't a serious candidate, but you're the real lefty huh Jack?

Btw that thread is such a clown show for you. Its really embarrassing. "Money doesn't influence a politicians decisions" ahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

You've got some truly galaxy brain-dead takes over the years my friend.
"Money doesn't influence a politicians decisions" - JVS
"Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton have no real differences" - JVS

ba6e24521b5a7dc0fb88343eeacd19d64e-wojak-02.2x.w710.jpg

ahahhahahahahahaahha. Holy shit. Here's your liberal super intellectual everyone.

No, dishonest is you doing exactly what I said you would do, before this even started. I found a clear case of you attacking Bernie, then you'd twist things around and explain why it wasn't an actual attack. If saying a candidate isn't a "serious candidate" isn't an attack, then I don't know what is. But you're the real lefty huh Jack?

You mean you're doing what I said you would do, and I proposed having a third-party judge to prevent it. You declined because you know you're full of shit.

You mean you're doing what I said you would do, and I proposed having a third-party judge to prevent it. You declined because you know you're full of shit.
I told you I would find cases of you shit-talking Bernie. I found them. Every regular in the WR is familiar with your shilling for Hillary Clinton and your bashing of Bernie Sanders. But you're so shameless you'll just gaslight everyone about it and pretend we're all crazy and our memories are all wrong.

I told you I would find cases of you shit-talking Bernie. I found them. Every regular in the WR is familiar with your shilling for Hillary Clinton and your bashing of Bernie Sanders. But you're so shameless you'll just gaslight everyone about it and pretend we're all crazy and our memories are all wrong.

Your one example of me "shit-talking Bernie" is a post in which I said he was more likable than Clinton and that I agreed with him more ideologically. I was clarifying for you that when another poster said he wasn't a serious candidate, he wasn't referring to his positions but to his chances of winning. Anyone can clearly see all that so there's no point in lying about it.

Your one example of me "shit-talking Bernie" is a post where I said he was more likable than Clinton and that I agreed with him more ideologically. I was clarifying for you that when another poster said he wasn't a serious candidate, he wasn't referring to his positions but to his chances of winning. Anyone can clearly see all that so there's no point in lying about it.
Are you unwilling to concede that one post can contain multiple points? Do we really need to get this granular jack?

Yes I can read. I obviously see that you said you liked him. You can say that you liked him, while also attacking him. Calling him "not a serious candidate" when he very clearly was a serious candidate and could have won, is OBVIOUSLY an attack. Keep lying, twisting, distorting and gaslighting. I don't know why I waste my time. It's a pattern with you going back for years. Virtually all you do is gaslight the left and gaslight everyone that calls you out for your bullshit and establishment shilling

"Money has no influence on a politicians decisions"
"Bernie and Hillary have no real differences"

No one should ever take anything you have to say about politics seriously.

Last edited:
Are you unwilling to concede that one post can contain multiple points? Do we really need to get this granular jack?

Yes, but it's hard to call a post that is so positive about someone an "attack." If we're being honest. Especially since you've also claimed that I'm a big Clinton fan.

Yes I can read. I obviously see that you said you liked him. You can say that you liked him, while also attacking him. Calling him "not a serious candidate" when he very clearly was a serious candidate and could have won, is OBVIOUSLY an attack.

No, it obviously is not since I was clarifying for you what the other person was saying. He wasn't saying that Bernie wasn't a serious candidate because of his positions on issues; he was saying it because he was out of the race by that point.

Keep lying, twisting, distorting and gaslighting. I don't know why I waste my team. It's a pattern with you going back for years. Virtually all you do is gaslight the left and gaslight everyone that calls you out for your bullshit and establishment shilling

Everything I've said here is true, while you've been lying your ass off in two threads.

Yes I can read. I obviously see that you said you liked him. You can say that you liked him, while also attacking him. Calling him "not a serious candidate" when he very clearly was a serious candidate and could have won, is OBVIOUSLY an attack. Keep lying, twisting, distorting and gaslighting. I don't know why I waste my team. It's a pattern with you going back for years. Virtually all you do is gaslight the left and gaslight everyone that calls you out for your bullshit and establishment shilling

"Money has no influence on a politicians decisions"
"Bernie and Hillary have no real differences"

No one should ever take anything you have to say about politics seriously.

Dude.... too much!

48z0pz.jpg

@all caps and I have an account bet.

If Biden wins, I stay. If Trump wins he stays. Vice versa. Just a regular account bet.

No way I'll lose. And if I do, I'm coming back as a troll.

@Lead this one is ready to go.

@all caps and I have an account bet.

If Biden wins, I stay. If Trump wins he stays. Vice versa. Just a regular account bet.

No way I'll lose. And if I do, I'm coming back as a troll.

@Lead this one is ready to go.

Confirmed

We don’t officiate account bets. We could do a year sig/ av bet or you guys just have your own gentlemen’s agreement without it being officiated.

We don’t officiate account bets. We could do a year sig/ av bet or you guys just have your own gentlemen’s agreement without it being officiated.

Well it's here on record and we can bump it when the time comes.

Well it's here on record and we can bump it when the time comes.

That’s all good. Just remember, it isn’t officiated or included in rankings. A place to link it for shame I suppose is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.