The UFC fight purses are pathetic...

Exactly.

They have to pay:

Taxes
Gym membership fees
Equipment and gear
Travel and hotel costs
Medical bills

And take care of your family and mortgage etc...

Doing that with 10k or less?

says the sherdogger who went out of his way to use two quotes, and still post nothing of substance aside from 'bingo'

Says the sherdogger post nothing of substance "dUmB tHrEaD" and with the username "butt needle" <Lmaoo><45>

mind you these inflated numbers generally dont consider taxes or cost of living in the more highly populated areas.

the real point here is these poor fighters make more than a tenured teacher, fire fighter, police officer and professors combined annual income within three months

I see what you’re saying to an extent, but you just cherry picked 3 professions that are known to be criminally underpaid (my mother was a teacher, I know trust me).

Those facts don’t change the reality that the fighters are not paid as much as the should be.

Last edited:
"You know when I started this organization I dreamed of paying everyone a million, a million. We never did, but I get to say it on interviews".

I picked three familiar ones, but pretty much every job is shit pay. Im not against a fighter, I just cant connect with a guy on a message boards view in fighter pay when hes probably getting it ten times worse

if these fighters werent happy, they have the same options as anyone else, with better networking

I disagree, the fighters that deliver generally get taken care of
I disagree, pay the fighters their full amount, show+win, and add another bonus for finishes. Everyone wins.

We got to see two 5-round wars where all 4 guys took a lot of damage, particularly Holloway and Gastelum. Great fights but it's sad to know Holloway, a champion and main event guy, only got 350k for that. And Gastelum only getting 150k.

Casuals and dummies will say that's a lot of money for one nights work, but real fans know that after taxes, manager fees, trainer fees, training costs, etc, and coupled with the fact that they have no benefits, no pension, that shit doesn't go as far as you'd think.

Meanwhile I watched Lomachenko make 3 million bucks the previous night fighting a bum that no one heard of or cared about. Oh, and the bum made 300k for his work, which is double what Gastelum made and 50k more than what Poirier got. Not to mention the bum's sponsorship, because boxer's can still make bank off of that.

The brain doesn't heal like a bone, the punishment Gastelum and Holloway took they have to carry for their lives and will come back to effect them at some point. That's the risks they chose, it's just sad they make peanuts compared to their boxing counterparts.

Meanwhile I watched Lomachenko make 3 million bucks the previous night fighting a bum that no one heard of or cared about..

without trashtalk + wwe fake shit ... oh and he is a "midget".

Loma is the king.

"Our athletes are trained to be more humble"
"They are used to proving themselves with the results and not with their words"

Yep, anything less than a guaranteed million for a title fight is fucking pathetic.

its fair now stop bringing this shit up

<31>

I would have paid Israel less so I could pay Kelvin more considering Kelvin wrecked bigger names and more of them.

They are completely free to sign a contract for any other organization that pays better.

150k for Gastelum is a crime. Anyone defending that shit pay should be ashamed.

Back