The UFC fight purses are pathetic...

I bet they get every cent they've signed on for.

Gastelum made 150K for a nights work. I'm fine with that. Andre Soukhamthath got 22K, he shouldn't even be in the UFC.
While technically true, it isnt a "nights work", at least "weeks work", but being honest is sort of a career work, he got to earn that money because of the career he had, same goes for Israel, decent payday for a relatively new name in the MMA game, his next fight might go to 500k easy, plus PPV points.

PPVs haven't been stacked in a long time. Every fight on this last one was Fight Pass prelim worthy except for the main and co-main. Exactly like boxing. And they wonder why revenue went down.

When's the last time Boxing had a PPV where two top 5 contenders were their co main?

I can't recall and regardless it doesn't happen often that's for sure.

D4NlMJ1UUAA9XSk
Don't be a fighter then. They can go get a different job if they don't like it.

What MMA promotion is worth $5-7 billion? I bet most if not all pay a much higher percentage to the fighters. The guys like Thomson, Rory, Benson going to Bellator because they pay more says it all.

Bellator gives those big name ex UFC fighters big contracts because they are big names. Big names that only could have been made in an org with the influence of UFC. It's literally because UFC that those guys are making good money in Bellator. Look how much Bellator pays their other fighters.

Bellator gives those big name ex UFC fighters big contracts because they are big names. Big names that only could have been made in an org with the influence of UFC. It's literally because UFC that those guys are making good money in Bellator. Look how much Bellator pays their other fighters.

That the UFC loses any world-class fighters to another promotion due to money issues is absurd. That Bellator could afford to compensate any fighters better. Apples and oranges.

There's something SERIOUSLY WRONG when a losing fighter can make more than the winner just because he is more of a name. And that is common practice in the UFC. If I was going to be in the fight game, I would talk to someone like Teddy Atlas and see if the money would be better in boxing. If it is better money and you fight with pillows on your hands and don't have to get kicked in the face then.... goodbye UFC.

Gastelum making less than Krylov is so unfair.

the co-main on the loma card has a full time job.

There's something SERIOUSLY WRONG when a losing fighter can make more than the winner just because he is more of a name. And that is common practice in the UFC. If I was going to be in the fight game, I would talk to someone like Teddy Atlas and see if the money would be better in boxing. If it is better money and you fight with pillows on your hands and don't have to get kicked in the face then.... goodbye UFC.
Not everybody born loving boxing, these guys origin were wrestling or some asian martial art. You cant say ok now im gonna be a boxer lol. Boxing money is good for a few people, but because the share is better, UFC gives just like 20% of the earnings

Love the fighters but I hate fucking Dana White and the UFC. At the very least they should let the fighters have their own sponsors, but nope. Dana swore up and down that the Reebok deal would be better for everyone, but it was only better for him and the UFC, Piece's of shit!

Last edited:
Israel made 350 to show...that's a really good deal for him. Should be even more going in against Whittaker.

Get cte for the rest of your life for 10k

Be a mma fighter is probably the dumbest decision you can do

Make $10k for 15 mins or less of work! Who wouldn't??

Just kidding.

That the UFC loses any world-class fighters to another promotion due to money issues is absurd. That Bellator could afford to compensate any fighters better. Apples and oranges.
Bellator is owned/backed by Viacom, which has a valuation 3 times what the UFC sold for. Apples and oranges indeed.

I bet they get every cent they've signed on for.

Gastelum made 150K for a nights work. I'm fine with that. Andre Soukhamthath got 22K, he shouldn't even be in the UFC.

“For a night’s work.”

This perspective is so grossly unsophisticated, I don’t even know where to start.

You must be very young, or not particularly bright.

Which is it?

Fitting for who? The performances we saw in the main and co-main bouts warranted substantially more.

making a quarter million to do what you love for less than half an hour is more than an american dream. I think high end boxing purses have raised a bar that isnt even there

Bellator is owned/backed by Viacom, which has a valuation 3 times what the UFC sold for. Apples and oranges indeed.

And that's always been an ignorant argument. Viacom doesn't invest much in Bellator, never have. If they did, then Bellator could really compete with the UFC.

Not everybody born loving boxing, these guys origin were wrestling or some asian martial art. You cant say ok now im gonna be a boxer lol. Boxing money is good for a few people, but because the share is better, UFC gives just like 20% of the earnings

a lot of the boxing undercard fighters ARE NOT connected to the main event promoter ... thats like comparing appels to oranges.

UFC model is much closer to WWE.

If you dont like UFC money, then you maybe have 2-3 options (Bellator, ONE and only if you are a draw).

You dont like boxing money? You have more than enough options.

“For a night’s work.”

This perspective is so grossly unsophisticated, I don’t even know where to start.

You must be very young, or not particularly bright.

Which is it?

why dont you explain it rather than just nanny nana boo boo back a point?

Back