The UFC fight purses are pathetic...

I bet they get every cent they've signed on for.

Gastelum made 150K for a nights work. I'm fine with that. Andre Soukhamthath got 22K, he shouldn't even be in the UFC.

How dare the UFC pay all parties involved their agreed upon amounts!

Not justifying these numbers but Frankienyc (RIP) said in the interview he did that we really have no idea what fighters are making because some get a signing bonus when they agree to a (new) contract. The purse is just there (like escrow) in case they are fined or the promotion skips town with the money, the purse would still be there.

lol 50k in medical bills for Anders

Try basketball my brotha

pay scale looks fitting. dumb thread.

Israel getting substantially more than Dustin who has been in the UFC forever. That's pathetic.

You get what you negotiate, no more no less. If your a dumbass & cant negotiate it's not the UFC or for that matter any employer's fault.

Yeah, not the best fight purse the UFC has given out for sure -- I thought Griffin would be getting better pay by now, despite some of his less than impressive losses. Hopefully they get some other incentives that are not disclosed.

Posters on Sherdog often discuss issues of fighter pay. What about issues of executive pay?

Dana White puts his life on the line each and everyday for the benefit of UFC fans around the world. He doesn't make nearly enough for the sacrifices he has made.

Dana Bless
uf205ty5waq01.png

Dana’s cocaine bill must be fucking huge if he’s having to screw the fighters over like this.

It's poor.

But what I will say in their defense is they always stack their PPV's.

If you headline a PPV in Boxing there's no scenario where you'd get paid less than 7 figures. But the card is extremely top heavy.

That said though, the pay is a joke.

Crawford-Khan this weekend for example. Both making millions of dollars.

PPVs haven't been stacked in a long time. Every fight on this last one was Fight Pass prelim worthy except for the main and co-main. Exactly like boxing. And they wonder why revenue went down.

adesanya went from nobody to making Max Holloway type money in a year of fighting.

What MMA promotion pays more than the UFC?

What MMA promotion is worth $5-7 billion? I bet most if not all pay a much higher percentage to the fighters. The guys like Thomson, Rory, Bader, Benson going to Bellator because they pay more says it all.

Last edited:
Back