The UFC fight purses are pathetic...

Look at it another way. THe UFC has a phenomenal business. They took two top ten fights with four non-draws, made up a couple titles to generate casual interest (which are never guarantees of even getting the title fight hahaha), and sold a PPV off of it. The non-'title' fights were all no-namers also. Phenomenal that they get people to buy that. I was amazed here as this was all UFC brand name and no fighter draws. Just made up titles and UFC brand. People even come back when there are technical issues.

Love the fighters but I hate fucking Dana White and the UFC. At the very least they should let the fighters have their own sponsors, but nope. Dana swore up and down that the Reebok deal would be better for everyone, but it was only better for him and the UFC, Piece's of shit!
It was better for fighters. They were making zero before Reebok.

Who pays more? I get that it feels good to say fighters don't get paid enough, and shit on the UFC, but really, what org pays more? Where is that money going to come from? The UFC is run by investors. That means they expect to get a return on their money. They cannot and will not operate at a loss. So where do you want that money to come from?
The money probably could come from the PPV buys, Fox, Spike, ESPN, Reebok, etc. Who cares what other orgs pay, when the UFC is supposed to be the top dawg in all of the lands. UFC just sold for over 4 billion dollars, and keeps getting big time sponsors like ESPN, Reebok, Corn Nuts, etc. Lets not act like the UFC is paying their employees very well. A lot of them have to work 2nd jobs, and most still have to pay to train and pay to watch other UFC PPVs (apparently Frankie).

Imagine the NFL charging is players to train and watch other NFL games.

The money probably could come from the PPV buys, Fox, Spike, ESPN, Reebok, etc. Who cares what other orgs pay, when the UFC is supposed to be the top dawg in all of the lands. UFC just sold for over 4 billion dollars, and keeps getting big time sponsors like ESPN, Reebok, Corn Nuts, etc. Lets not act like the UFC is paying their employees very well. A lot of them have to work 2nd jobs, and most still have to pay to train and pay to watch other UFC PPVs (apparently Frankie).

Imagine the NFL charging is players to train and watch other NFL games.
The UFC isn't the NFL though. It doesn't generate anywhere near the same revenue, hence it doesn't pay anywhere near the same amount.

I think its very important to look at what other orgs pay. If the UFC was simply criminally underpaying fighters like everyone seems to believe, then another org could pay a teeny bit more and scoop up any and all fighters who wanted to earn market value salary.

The problem is that MMA fighters aren't as valuable to the world economy as you want them to be. The average human couldnt care less if someone like Kelvin Gastelum stopped fighting tomorrow.

Stop trying to overinflate fighters worth just because you think they "deserve" more.

I disagree, pay the fighters their full amount, show+win, and add another bonus for finishes. Everyone wins.
The thing with this no win money is, people actually believe that ufc would pay more but they wouldn't, if the win money vanishes it wont be replaced by something else, MMA fighters should ask for mor money not talk about how win money is unnecessary, the UFC could say your right and just wing it and pretend to pay more but in the end it would be less over time, why would someone take away one branch of earning, if you get payed to show and win you have 2 paying but if its one the ufc will end up paying less. It would be like saying I don't want my way home reimbursed for work but I want more money.

The thing with this no win money is, people actually believe that ufc would pay more but they wouldn't, if the win money vanishes it wont be replaced by something else, MMA fighters should ask for mor money not talk about how win money is unnecessary, the UFC could say your right and just wing it and pretend to pay more but in the end it would be less over time, why would someone take away one branch of earning, if you get payed to show and win you have 2 paying but if its one the ufc will end up paying less. It would be like saying I don't want my way home reimbursed for work but I want more money.
2 words: Fighter's Union

problem solved.

2 words: Fighter's Union

problem solved.
Yeah as of now there is no such thing and it will never happen, people just like to repeat what they hear and think it makes sense without taking into consideration that businesses are dirty.

“For a night’s work.”

This perspective is so grossly unsophisticated, I don’t even know where to start.

You must be very young, or not particularly bright.

Which is it?

You seem to be quite condescending. Does that make you feel like you're superior? Is that a defense mechanism for something? You don't have to answer, I'm just curious.

Which part, of what I said, was wrong?
Wait, you're right, it wasn't a night's work, it was 25 minutes. Or, do you think they get paid for their training too?

The amount of preparation be puts into a fight is completely up to him. The bottom line is that he agreed to that paycheck. He's a grown man, he made his decision.

How much money have you sent to him to compensate for this "terribly low" pay? I know you feel terrible about it.

How much more should he have got?

'Don King rips his fighters off."

Dana White: "Hold my beer"

It's embarrassing, the purses don't even go up with inflation. Some of these guys are making 10k per fight, I nearly make that in a month.

The bonuses should be a lot higher and based of their current contract, fighters should be rewarded with longevity and consistency they've put into the UFC. OSP fought for a title and is making less than 100k per fight, Jouban has had over 10 UFC fights and is making less than 50k per fight. What does he take home after taxes, training costs etc...less than half ? If someone puts in 20 years in the fight game, they should have enough money for an early retirement.

The Reebok deal is just a kick in the nuts, it was more entertaining when they could wear what they want to walk outs, weigh ins etc and the money they get amounts to nothing. Much better of having their own sponsors. Reebok fucking sucks anyway, hasn't been good in about 20 years.

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

What’s pathetic? That every single fighter on the card signed a contract and agreed to fight for the amount that’s disclosed? Or are you here to whine like a baby about a topic that’s been covered a fucking million times? Stay out of other dudes’ finances and worry about your own paycheck. I can guarantee every fighter on the planet can give a fuck what you get paid.

And remember thats before tax, manager fees, agent fees, training partner fees, camp fees, and diet fees, as we know its much much much much more money for a piece of vegan green leaf or seed than it is for a large pizza with fries and coke

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

What’s pathetic? That every single fighter on the card signed a contract and agreed to fight for the amount that’s disclosed? Or are you here to whine like a baby about a topic that’s been covered a fucking million times? Stay out of other dudes’ finances and worry about your own paycheck. I can guarantee every fighter on the planet can give a fuck what you get paid.

Hey Dana

You seem to be quite condescending. Does that make you feel like you're superior? Is that a defense mechanism for something? You don't have to answer, I'm just curious.

Which part, of what I said, was wrong?
Wait, you're right, it wasn't a night's work, it was 25 minutes. Or, do you think they get paid for their training too?

The amount of preparation be puts into a fight is completely up to him. The bottom line is that he agreed to that paycheck. He's a grown man, he made his decision.

How much money have you sent to him to compensate for this "terribly low" pay? I know you feel terrible about it.

How much more should he have got?

This is an embarrassing and ignorant take. Gastelum's 150k for "one nights work" is based on 6 years of fighting at the top level and a decade plus of training to be at the level he's at now. Acting as if these fighters could just show up and fight and not train and still make the money and do whatever else is fucking childish.

Obviously MMA doesn't generate as much revenue as the NFL or MLB or whatever other major sport you want to use as an example. But the revenue split between athletes and owners in all the major American sports leagues is roughly 50/50. In the UFC it's somewhere around 15% to fighters and 85% to owners. If you consider yourself a fan and don't see anything wrong with that then you're a shitty fan.

What's equally laughable is that the UFC keeps negotiating these monstrous deals with empires like Fox, ESPN, Reebok etc., yet the fighter pay stays at joke levels, year after year.

Greedy ass-hats running shit.
Pimpin' aint easy

While dana makes 30 million a year salary....lol

And theyre bankin atleast 20+ million dollars per ppv on avg

Back